xdvgx

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got in a sticky situation recently and ended up brushing the bronco along a tree and taking off the mirror.

I Had the impression that I would have had body/door damage if not for the sliders, and it looks like that is definitely the case as it's clear I did a grind down the length of the rail.

This is one mod that actually saved me some money!

1000025489.jpg
Sponsored

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got in a sticky situation recently and ended up brushing the bronco along a tree and taking off the mirror.

I Had the impression that I would have had body/door damage if not for the sliders, and it looks like that is definitely the case as it's clear I did a grind down the length of the rail.

Ford Bronco Havoc rock sliders/steps paid off big 1000025489

I have a set of factory step rails. I just bent the passenger side rail, so now I can't put on the step.

I have an older neighbor I drive around, and he needs a step to get into my none lifted SAS. Do these step drop down enough to really help? How far down from the door lip are they?

Thanks Mike

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
In heavy duty 4 wheeling situations they can really help prevent damage. But they lower your ground clearance a bit. My wife and I learned how to elevate ourselves and "hop" into our Sasquatch without running boards or side steps. We just prefer the clean look without running boards or side steps.

OP
OP

xdvgx

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a set of factory step rails. I just bent the passenger side rail, so now I can't put on the step.

I have an older neighbor I drive around, and he needs a step to get into my none lifted SAS. Do these step drop down enough to really help? How far down from the door lip are they?

Thanks Mike
They dont drop super low but I like the assist with them. Less stress on the seat upholstery when you get in with a step. Maybe 5" lower than the door sill

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They dont drop super low but I like the assist with them. Less stress on the seat upholstery when you get in with a step. Maybe 5" lower than the door sill
I use my step/sliders to get in and out too, even with the steps I was sliding out too much for a while and I had wear on the seam on the driver's seat and I now have seat covers.

Yea I followed some EBs into a boulder field I had no business going into and my inexpensive Clamber sliders/steps saved my Bronco from all sorts of damage. For only $320 they did the job but were bent upwards after; I now have Zroads sliders/steps.
Sponsored