Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi all, I bought an Outer Banks because it was the lowest level trim that offered HD surround vision. What a hokey system. I want to use it to get into my garage without side swiping something. First, the vehicle image was designed by a kid who plays with blocks. Second, rhe images near the truck are so distorted I can’t tell what I’m looking at. Third, because the garage is dark, the only thing I can see along side the truck is right under the camera, otherwise it’s black. What a horrendous waste of money!
My wife’s 2018 Chevy Traverse has an awesome system. The car is shown fully and in proper proportion, and is the color of the car. When the wheels are turned, they show up as turned on the display. I can always see everything around the car, not distorted, and not blacked out. So, we have a 2018 from Chevy that works perfectly and. 2022 Ford that is useless. I may have to mount cams outside with a separate display to see what I want to see.
Otherwise the truck is awesome, but noisy.
FORGET THE HD SURROUND VISION.
Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hang a tennis ball from the ceiling

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 360 camera isn't BMW/MB/Audi great, but it's still pretty good. My only beef with it is it will alter the exposure of the side view cameras based on the amount of light the front/rear cameras see and which direction you're going (pull into a dark garage with the front camera on and you see the sides just fine, but as soon as you put it in reverse with some sun at your back, they darken up considerably).

Lanman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS e-tron GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife's Bronco has rock lights in the wheel wells which helps with the side lighting in the garage and as an added bonus, at night it makes the tires look huge so it looks like you're driving a monster truck into the garage. :)

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi all, I bought an Outer Banks because it was the lowest level trim that offered HD surround vision. What a hokey system. I want to use it to get into my garage without side swiping something. First, the vehicle image was designed by a kid who plays with blocks. Second, rhe images near the truck are so distorted I can’t tell what I’m looking at. Third, because the garage is dark, the only thing I can see along side the truck is right under the camera, otherwise it’s black. What a horrendous waste of money!
My wife’s 2018 Chevy Traverse has an awesome system. The car is shown fully and in proper proportion, and is the color of the car. When the wheels are turned, they show up as turned on the display. I can always see everything around the car, not distorted, and not blacked out. So, we have a 2018 from Chevy that works perfectly and. 2022 Ford that is useless. I may have to mount cams outside with a separate display to see what I want to see.
Otherwise the truck is awesome, but noisy.
FORGET THE HD SURROUND VISION.
Sorry that you are so unhappy about it. The HD Surround Vision was always amazing to us.

TheBroncolorian

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cameras and low light conditions have historically never been the best of friends. I also don’t think Ford (or any manufacturer) is dropping 20+ megapixel monsters in the side mirrors to this day (would love to be wrong). But overall, the cameras all around on my high package spank the 2014 UConnect and camera setup my Dodge Dart had 🤷🏽‍♂️

OP
OP
the paws

the paws

Outer Banks
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When in my garage with all the bright led garage lights on, the HD Surround Vision works fine in D, N, & P. In R, the side cameras go dark just when I need them to back out of my garage. The front and rear cameras are OK. The bright down lights on the bottom of the mirrors go out as well. This is really stupid. The graphic of the vehicle is por also, with a rectangular black box all around the truck. Compare that to my wife’s 2018 Traverse. When the cameras are turned on, the display shows an accurate view of her cal no matter what position the tranny selector is in. And it’s bright even with the garage lights off. So, the Bronco system was 1) designed by a kid playing with blocks, and 2) the kid used a 1999 Heath Kit for the electronics.

Does anyone know how to keep the mirror down lights on. The mirror courtesy lights don’t help anything..
Sponsored