First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My closest dealer is Porter Ford in Newark. I already had a sour taste in my mouth when I called about a test drive and they told me their manager had the vehicle out so I left my name and number. Never did get a call from them. So one day I saw it on the lot and pulled in. They had some off the wall excuse about why I couldn't test drive it and it was marked up 20k. It was their demo unit. So I asked about ordering thru them. They told me they were tacking 5k on to new orders.

The next closest dealer had a great salesman, a smaller dealer though. I stalked them for months and only saw one Bronco come in so that scared me a little :)

Willis in Smyrna did the same to me.

Hertrich in Milford actually let me test drive a First Edition, but the salesman was probably the worst I've ever encountered. He was quite rude and seemed like I was bothering him just by existing, lol.

So a friend of mine, who's a huge Ford guy mentioned Koon's in MD and Bob Bell. After visiting Bob Bell I ordered from them the following week. They weren't pushy, they were actually fun to be around, and they signed my build sheet for MSRP. They are marking up orders people backed out on, but I'd say that's normal thesedays, but I feel pretty good about ordering with them especially since they didn't even blink when I asked a manager to sign my build sheet.
See this is the reason I will not deal with most Delaware dealers. They act like they are the only option in the country. And I got the same rude treatment when I went to Hertrich in Milford looking at the Ranger when it first came out. Guy was a complete tool.

I just got a line on Sheridan. Heard they are dealing fairly with the Bronco. I just talked to a guy there. They are pretty straight forward. I'm waiting to hear back on their current order backlog and allocations. Only bad thing is they require a $1000 deposit to order. Which I think is total BS.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome to the peanut gallery Renee. Congratulations on the build date. I hope it sticks, and your Bronco will arrive in time for spring.

Ford Bronco Hello from Newark, DE sprin

Last edited:
OP
OP

ReneeC

Badlands
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion TC, Harley Iron 883, Kawasaki Ninja
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
See this is the reason I will not deal with most Delaware dealers. They act like they are the only option in the country. And I got the same rude treatment when I went to Hertrich in Milford looking at the Ranger when it first came out. Guy was a complete tool.

I just got a line on Sheridan. Heard they are dealing fairly with the Bronco. I just talked to a guy there. They are pretty straight forward. I'm waiting to hear back on their current order backlog and allocations. Only bad thing is they require a $1000 deposit to order. Which I think is total BS.
I was talking with a salesman at Sheridan a few times, great guy! I wish I could remember his name. He was a young black male and his name started with a J. He was knowledgeable, helpful, and a super great guy.

Cszmom

Base
First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When did you ask about ordering from Porter? That is where my order is. I have sat down with them and asked face to face 3x about ADM and they said no ADM each time. I have also asked about any dealer installed accessories and they said only what is on the build sheet (which currently is only wheel lock kit). They freely admitted they would mark up any stock or abandoned orders however. I have a copy of the order sheet but nothing is signed. We'll see.

They let me drive the demo model. I emailed and set up a day/time and it was there to drive when I showed up.
Hi all just seeing a DE thread. I am also with Porter and was told with the custom orders they will only charge MSRP. Only stock will they be marking up. Mine was due to be delivered on 2/1 but got a call the shipping has been delayed so probably won’t see it until mid February.

OP
OP

ReneeC

Badlands
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion TC, Harley Iron 883, Kawasaki Ninja
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all just seeing a DE thread. I am also with Porter and was told with the custom orders they will only charge MSRP. Only stock will they be marking up. Mine was due to be delivered on 2/1 but got a call the shipping has been delayed so probably won’t see it until mid February.
Yes, I also know someone that got their's at MSRP thru Porter, but I don't think that's the case on "newer" orders. Congrats on your build, hope it gets to you soon!

Sponsored

Cszmom

Base
First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, I also know someone that got their's at MSRP thru Porter, but I don't think that's the case on "newer" orders. Congrats on your build, hope it gets to you soon!
I hope so too, been waiting 7 months for this thing and my build week kept getting bumped!

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Interesting. I stopped by Porter when I was up that way last month. They told me they were selling every Bronco over MSRP. Even customer orders. Pretty much in line with many Delaware dealers. They are apparently trying to make up in quick profit what they are losing in volume. Thing is they are hurting their future sales by being opportunist. People will remember who tried to take advantage of them.

Delaware dealers in general suck. They don't deal. Especially Jeep dealers. They will tell you to your face that there is no discounting Jeeps. But yet you can roll up to several dealers in PA or over in MD and order a Jeep for below invoice. I haven't bought a vehicle in Delaware since like 2014.

kydav

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX & 2021 HD Street Glide Special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Winner Ford I Dover had a 4-door Base Outer Banks and they let me take out on short test drive in the rain. I liked it, can not wait till I get mine.

guest001

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting. I stopped by Porter when I was up that way last month. They told me they were selling every Bronco over MSRP. Even customer orders. Pretty much in line with many Delaware dealers. They are apparently trying to make up in quick profit what they are losing in volume. Thing is they are hurting their future sales by being opportunist. People will remember who tried to take advantage of them.

Delaware dealers in general suck. They don't deal. Especially Jeep dealers. They will tell you to your face that there is no discounting Jeeps. But yet you can roll up to several dealers in PA or over in MD and order a Jeep for below invoice. I haven't bought a vehicle in Delaware since like 2014.
I'm sorry to hear that people had bad experiences with Porter. I picked up my Bronco today and the transaction was easy as could be. No bs, no ADM, applied my price protection without me specifically asking. I had called the Ford customer service line last week and got the amount and the ID code from them, so I knew how much it should be.

CARdiac

First Edition
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 Alpha, MINI Cooper S JCW, TVR 280i
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hello everyone!
I've been watching the forum for a while now and finally decided to jump in on the fun. Fingers crossed that I'll see my Bronco soon. Build date is 2/21. Area 51, 2.7L, soft top, tow package, SAS, High, Badlands.
I grew up in Newark!
Sponsored