Jett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,

im looking for some help finding snow tires for my badlands. The stock tire size (285/70/R17) doesn’t return a lot of results, in fact most places don’t carry winter tires in that size (Goodyear X ice, Bridgestone blizzaks, local tire shops don’t return any results). Those of you who bought snow tires, where did you get them, who makes them and what size are they? Wondering if I’d get better results with a slightly different size, but I’m no tire expert. Appreciate any help y’all can provide!
Sponsored

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco I am running a goodyear Duratrac studded in 315/70R17 and my raptor is on Nokian Hakkas in the same size.

The goodyear is a good al season that is winter rated and the studs help on ice, but its not the same performance that you get out of a true snow tire. like the Nokian.

looks like there is a nokian and a copper avalible in your size:

Ford Bronco Help finding snow tires 1698774219901

OP
OP
Choptopbronco

Choptopbronco

Badlands
First Name
Jett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, @Mikerider! The nokian hakkas look like a good choice. Now to find them locally….seems like they’re on backorder. Appreciate the feedback on true winter tires too, other posts I’ve read have said the bronco can be a bit slippery in the winter so I think true winter tires are the way to go.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Crazy to think some states still allow studded. I came here to recommend nokkian. Hands down the best.

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crazy to think some states still allow studded. I came here to recommend nokkian. Hands down the best.
I have studless on my edge and studded on my Bronco/Raptor/Explorer. The studless dont stop the same on hills, the studs grab better. Everywhere else the studless are great. I hope they dont outlaw studs in the mountains.

Sponsored

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah I understand the how’s and why if with or without studs. I would hope mtn areas are still able to run them. I find it funny that in OR people would run these when they don’t even cross over the cascades into the east. Oh and they leave em on way too long. I was in shorts and could still hear people drive by. Idiots

I get why MI outlawed them decades ago

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you driven ths SAS Territories in snow? They're actually pretty good on ice and hard-pack snow - they're my preferred snow-wheeling tires.

Ford Bronco Help finding snow tires PXL_20230114_193803115

OP
OP
Choptopbronco

Choptopbronco

Badlands
First Name
Jett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you all for the replies. Now that I post this the related posts show a bunch of folks asking similar questions, which didn’t come up when I searched ‘snow tires’. Weird. It seems the Hakkas or blizzaks are my best bet. Picked up an almost new set of black diamond rims for cheap, so I’m going to use those as my winter set. Slightly different size: 265/70/R17, which seems to have a few more options and a bit better availability in my area. Will link this to a few other threads I’ve found useful now that I can see them. Thanks again!

OP
OP
Choptopbronco

Choptopbronco

Badlands
First Name
Jett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you driven ths SAS Territories in snow? They're actually pretty good on ice and hard-pack snow - they're my preferred snow-wheeling tires.

Ford Bronco Help finding snow tires PXL_20230114_193803115
This is such a cool shot! I’m still on the stock BF Goodrich tires but will keep these in mind when I decide to change.
Sponsored