First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know rumor/personal opinion but I’d be willing to bet money the GY Territory’s get the severe snow service 3 peaks symbol/rating by year end. The GY Duratracs has the rating already and these new GY Territory tires have more tread to ground contact, more siping and appear softer so I can’t so how they don’t get the rating - unless they flat out suck and we don’t know it yet. But on appearances, they will most likely get it.
It is most likely the tread compound, with sticky rubber like that, the trade off is almost always that they get rock hard when it gets close to freezing temps. Then you are essentially driving around on hockey pucks. If you see freezing temps and any precipitation at the same time (and have the GY tires mounted), I would recommended budgeting for a second set of tires and wheels to swap out the optional BL or Sasquatch tires, just in case you need to get them. Sasquatch package was a non-starter for me as I spend a bunch of time where they have actual Winter.
Sponsored

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As far as width still better to go narrower than standard?

1623090301982.png
Narrower tire gives you more pounds per square inch truck weight on the tarmac rather than the flotation of the wider tires. You're in Jersey and not MN so my choice would be to get a non-squatch set of rims and run that size studded snow.

Your choice on how to attack it other than that.