Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to know how these tires are in the snow. Gonna stick with the stock ko2s this season. Just wish the blizzaks were made in my size tire. Those tires are amazing in the snow
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just got my Nokian Tyres, Hakkapeliita LT315/70R17 tires.

Can't wait to use them.

20221122_145519.png

20221122_145424.jpg
Perfect! Nice tires on seasonal steelies. For more fun, you paint wheels A51?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would like to know how these tires are in the snow. Gonna stick with the stock ko2s this season. Just wish the blizzaks were made in my size tire. Those tires are amazing in the snow
You can downsize the tire for the 4 months of winter to run Blizzaks. I loved plowing through snow when I lived in the snow belt. But it was the Ice that I had the Blizzaks for. And there is always ice, and hills, and as you know, Blizzaks really do work if you cant run studs. Ice. Has destroyed many a car.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone cancel their Walmart order before delivery? If so, was it difficult?

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
would these tires in a 35ā€ be a good choice for snow wheeling? Ideally Iā€™d have something that works well for getting to the trails as well as actually going on the trails.

Sponsored

cobro92

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 7.3 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

These are true snow tires from a reputable and well-known company, so they are probably close to the best you can get for on-road snow/ice grip. Pretty darn close to Blizzak, IME. I've owned Blizzak in the past, and the confidence they give you is game-changing. No more (or far fewer) white-knuckled trips through the mountains in the wintertime!

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Mine shipped from Walmart today with ETA of next week. Not expecting them to be what was listed but will wait for delivery to deal with Walmart on a return.

AKMark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ordered a set with $420.83 location surcharge/delivery to Alaska. If they are not the advertised tire Iā€™m screwed.

Edit: Contacted WalMart, if I get wrong tires they will refund me the location surcharge and tire price.

Last edited:

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I envy you guys that can do this. Living in a tiny apartment with a solitary parking spot and no storage makes this impractical for me. Great that you can swap out your sneakers for snow shoes depending on the season, though.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Or down.... West. Although to you everything barring a Finnish village in the dark belt is probably considered "south".

3-peak icon, and chains on top of that in WA.
Crazy that the require chains. When I lived in Tahoe for 20 years if you had 4WD or AWD no chains were needed. I never had any trouble in our SUV or with our Audi Quattros. Of course they would close the roads completely when things got read bad. Here in MN we run snow tires on a couple vehicles and all seasons on the others year round. Our Bronco has Falken Wildpeak AT3W and theyā€™ve been great even when delivery drivers couldnā€™t get up our driveway last week.

Mica911

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500 HD Duramax, 1986 GMC Fire Truck,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok..I had to bite also. These Nokian Tyres, Hakkapeliita LT315/70R17 tires are nearly $300.00 a piece everywhere else. I bought 4 from Walmart with free delivery to my house for $450.00. Arrives Dec 2nd . Most likely - too good to be true.
When they arrive, if they aren't the same tires and size as advertised, I'll just refuse the shipment and get my money back. Worth a shot!

Link to the tires on the Nokian website: https://www.nokiantires.com/tires/by-tire-size/studded-tires/315-70-17/

Last edited:

CCMDoc

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BB Sas, ā€˜14 Raptor, ā€˜71 Hemi ā€˜Cuda convertble
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Over the last few decades Iā€™ve run just about every winter tire that exists on cars, SUVs and PU.

in my experience in the Northeast US
Blizzaks are the best on ice.
Nokian Haks are a close second.
Michelin, Pirelli, GY, etc. are distant third.

Blizzaks have a lot more squirm, much more pronounced on bigger, heavier vehicles (no real surprise there).
Haks do much better on bigger, heavier vehicles.

I have Blizzaks on my wifeā€™s Edge, daughterā€˜s CX-30 and dadā€™s Edge.

Iā€™ve had them (Blizzaks) on my H2 and H3, 1st gen Durango and on my Raptor but switched to the Haks when they became available and was happier with that switch because on these vehicles I felt more response to steering and braking input.
Sponsored