Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
High All,

After the original dealer reluctantly informed me that there is a 10k markup on my Bronco, I called Ford to change dealerships. I have called multiple times, put in 3 change of dealership requests and finally got told yesterday that the request are sent to the original dealership. Which was the first I have herd of that. After contacting the dealership, they are playing dumb as to the request.
1. So how does the change of dealership go?
2. Who can I talk to ?

I put in the dealership change request, 3 days after they ordered it.

Below is my timeline

17 Jul 2020: Reservation
10 Jan 2022: Order
12 Jan 2022: Found a dealership that will sell me vehicle at MSPR
13 Jan 2022: Dealership change request 1 (Ford said request takes 24hrs to go through)
17 Jan 2022: Dealership change request 2 (Ford said that it takes 15-days)
1 Mar 2022: Dealership change request 3 (Ford said that the request are sent to original dealership which is the first I have herd of that !)
- Also after 1 hour on the phone she found out that my Bronco actually has a VIN number is scheduled for production. No notification from dealership AT ALL
1 Mar 2022: Original dealer is unaware of what I am talking about and does seem to know about change request
2 Mar 2022: Called Ford back,, she said to call the new dealership and have them contact area rep to help it along. Waiting for them to open to call.

Any help at all would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Scott

2022 Badlands 4 Door
LUX Package
33 Wheels
Cactus Grey
Tow Package
Key less door combo
Engine heater
Leather Interior
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a VIN you can't change dealerships.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is not approving order transfers even though they claim they will consider it, they have not allowed any order transfers to my knowledge.

If you actually have a VIN, your dealer is getting that Bronco.

Best case for you, unless you want to pay the extra ten grand plus taxes on it, is to go put in a brand new order at the second dealer and wait again.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only help I can provide is a slap and on the back + words of encouragement. LOL

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The change request was put in well prior to receiving a VIN
If you have a VIN you can't change dealerships.

Best case for you, unless you want to pay the extra ten grand plus taxes on it, is to go put in a brand new order at the second dealer and wait again.
And do so by Monday if you want a shot at a MY22. Otherwise you are looking at a MY22.5 and an increased delay. However, depending on what top you are wanting a new order may be a MY23.

OP
OP

reconaviator

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is not approving order transfers even though they claim they will consider it, they have not allowed any order transfers to my knowledge.

If you actually have a VIN, your dealer is getting that Bronco.

When I called originally they had no problem with the request. It was 3 days after the order was put in. Nor did they have a problem with the change when I called 4 other times. They said that it would be alot harder if it had a VIN, but prior to VIN it is fine. Which it was

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Customer Service usually doesn't come right out and say that you can't move an order. They tell you they are working on it. Sometimes they even tell you it's been approved and is being moved. But we know from numerous reports that it never actually gets transferred.

That's before a VIN even. With a VIN, you are doubly screwed.

There is no mechanism for moving your order or attaching your reservation to a different order. You will either lose your reservation timestamp or pay $10k markup.
Sponsored