Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
UPDATE—
Turns out the sales department of the dealership ✌🏽incorrectly predicted✌🏽 my transmission needed to be replaced or rebuilt (i told them i didn’t think anything was wrong with my transmission) but after i told them to stop inspecting and that i was going to have it towed elsewhere i promptly received a call from the service department informing me that i merely needed to have a $22.00 piece that connects the transmission to my gear stick replaced.

i wish i could say i was shocked that sales tried to lowball me for my vehicle knowing the fix was actually much less than the $2-5K they initially stated over the phone but this is yet another reason i’ll forever hate sales people and a reason i’ll avoid dealerships for auto work.

happy to have my jeep back in working condition 😁

advice please! —
i may or may not be in the need of a short term lease for 1-1.5 years tops.
my current vehicle is in the shop and i’m in a position to be able to make a decent amount selling my car (not crazy money but decent considering the shape my Jeep is in) in comparison to what the cost may be to fix it (transmission issues 😖). I’ve been waiting about a year and a half for my Bronco (still nothing as of yet!) and I’d really hate to give up now. leasing seems to be the only reasonable option (or pay close to 5K to fix my old Jeep with 120K miles on it that needs new tires).

my question is, what are your experiences with getting out of a lease early? i know there are penalties and i know there are also sites where you can essentially sell your lease to someone else, but how easy is that? there’s a site called rodo that i stumbled across that makes that process look east but I’m not certain.

thanks in advance for any advice.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don't know a 5k transmission and 1200 in tires plus the residual value of your Jeep is cheaper than an 18 month lease and costs to terminate. Can you even get a 24 month lease anymore? Pre-covid you used to be able to get a long term rental from hertz or avis but no clue now. Anyrate, good luck, I sold my car almost 2 years ago but had a spare truck and my wife's FJ both aren't getting any younger and have easily spent 5k in maintenance costs in that time.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put the money into your Jeep. Any loss when your Bronco finally comes will be less than the loss you'll take from exiting a lease early (with its penalty). I had a 36 month lease on a 2019 BMW X3 and bought out the lease a few months before it was scheduled to end w/o penalty. Turned around and sold it to CarMax. Made a few bucks, but nothing extraordinary. Leases are structured to favor the manufacturer, not the buyer. BTW, I'm still waiting for the Bronco (X3's replacement) and getting by w/ a small 2 dr coupe as our only vehicle.

Put the money into your jeep. Fewer unknowns.

Hope this helps. Contented

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Surprised to see that you have not gotten your Big Bend yet. Those seem to have been leap frogging other orders. When did you order, is it tied to a reservation? Perhaps chat with the dealer you have your Bronco ordered from. They would seem to be the best place to get a deal at, knowing you have a Bronco on order.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Instead of rebuilding the transmission, drop in a low mile used one from a wrecking yard. Did that on my Mustang when the tranny grenaded at 140k. Was around $1600.

Yeah Jeep parts cost more because Jeep.

How bad are the tires? The tires on my Expy are way past the replace date, (like the 2 new ones are 6 years old) but I figure if they can get through summer, then they will last till I get my Bronco.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Surprised to see that you have not gotten your Big Bend yet. Those seem to have been leap frogging other orders.
Big Bend leap frogs only if it's a 4-door squishy top. I'm at 16 months and still don't have my zero option Base yet (ok I added aux switches). But even if the op ordered a 2-door or 4-door MIC, he might get a MY22.

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
advice please! —
i may or may not be in the need of a short term lease for 1-1.5 years tops.
my current vehicle is in the shop and i’m in a position to be able to make a decent amount selling my car (not crazy money but decent considering the shape my Jeep is in) in comparison to what the cost may be to fix it (transmission issues 😖). I’ve been waiting about a year and a half for my Bronco (still nothing as of yet!) and I’d really hate to give up now. leasing seems to be the only reasonable option (or pay close to 5K to fix my old Jeep with 120K miles on it that needs new tires).

my question is, what are your experiences with getting out of a lease early? i know there are penalties and i know there are also sites where you can essentially sell your lease to someone else, but how easy is that? there’s a site called rodo that i stumbled across that makes that process look east but I’m not certain.

thanks in advance for any advice.
Another option, is to LEASE for 2 years through ford...then BEFORE 4 months before your lease is up, you can SELL the lease to a ford dealer...our 2020 escape 2 year lease was due up on august 28th, we "sold" it on April 24th, and they cut us a check for over 6k. If is is LESS than 4 months, the dealer cannot buy you out...so in reality, the 2020 escape, which we had 19500 miles per year on our contract, cost us about 100 per month (after we got the 6k+ back)

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Another option, is to LEASE for 2 years through ford...then BEFORE 4 months before your lease is up, you can SELL the lease to a ford dealer...our 2020 escape 2 year lease was due up on august 28th, we "sold" it on April 24th, and they cut us a check for over 6k. If is is LESS than 4 months, the dealer cannot buy you out...so in reality, the 2020 escape, which we had 19500 miles per year on our contract, cost us about 100 per month (after we got the 6k+ back)
that way works if the price of used vehicles still high in 2 years .

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take out the ‘want’ of a new vehicle

1) what’s the Jeep worth with a blown transmission and needing tires?
2) what’s the jeep worth running with bad tires ($5000 transmission)
3) what’s the Jeep worth running with nothing wrong (6000 transmission and tires)

i bet the answer is one of those.

Is the Jeep paid off?

Scout EV Concept Teaser Image (1).jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get a second opinion on fixing the Jeep, if the repair isn't too much of a percentage of it's worth get it fixed and keep it.

Buying, leasing, turning in early, flipping, used car prices, when will the Bronco come, etc. are too many unknowns.

Cars need tires periodically, take that out of the equation and focus on the transmission.

Good luck!!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Rip the trans and the engine out of it and put a Hemi conversion kit in…. 🤷‍♂️

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear Subaru's are nice. Lots of cupholders too.
They are decent cars. My wife leased a 2017 Outback that we turned in a year early. If the car hadn’t been wrecked (rear ended by drunk driver) they would’ve cut us a check for $1500 on the early return, instead we wrote a check for $500 due to the diminished value.

I think the short lease wouldn’t be that bad as it will be based on today’s residual values. If you lease something from the Ford dealer you are getting your Bronco from they should be receptive to the situation.

HBirdman

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 G550, 20 Panamera, 20 r9T, 22 KarenSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't know a 5k transmission and 1200 in tires plus the residual value of your Jeep is cheaper than an 18 month lease and costs to terminate. Can you even get a 24 month lease anymore? Pre-covid you used to be able to get a long term rental from hertz or avis but no clue now. Anyrate, good luck, I sold my car almost 2 years ago but had a spare truck and my wife's FJ both aren't getting any younger and have easily spent 5k in maintenance costs in that time.
Sixt has a similar program but when I checked the prices it was far more than just fixing the Jeep.
Sponsored