Help me decide: 2023 OBX High w/SAS vs Wildtrak Lux or maybe Wildtrak High

cdnbronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Empty driveway
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have been watching/reading this forum for a while now and this is my first post.

Just finished selling my previous vehicle so I have a pretty clean slate.
Previously had a number of Jeeps - Rubicon Unlimited, Sahara 4Xe, Gladiator Rubicon Diesel and enjoyed them but looking forward to a better ride and more room in the cabin compared to a Wrangler Unlimited.

Getting a deal is important to me as is being able to sell while minimizing depreciation in a year if I decide I want to try something else.

I have test driven Outer Banks Lux with and without the Sasquatch and driven the Wildtrak Lux. I like how the Sasquatch package makes the Bronco look and I like being up higher. Non-SAS is definitely smoother and better mileage but not a concern for me as all are better than the Jeeps I am used to. I believe having the Sasquatch pkg will help minimize depreciation as well.
My offroad is limited to going up to the mountains for mountain biking, skiing and light exploring. If I am really lucky this year then maybe a longer trip to try out some sand dunes.

I am looking at 2023 soft top models to maximize my discount possibilities. Here are the options I am looking at.

Outer Banks High Pkg with Sasquatch vs Wildtrak Lux
The OBX w/SAS saves me roughly CA$10K or US$7.5K vs the Wildtrak Lux, I may be able to cut the difference in half by going Wildtrak High.
I recognize the Lux gives me B&O, Adaptive Cruise and most importantly heated steering wheel.

Any thoughts
Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WT with lux, all day long! I always say, do it right the first time and cry once, enjoy! šŸ»

Sponsored

SkiSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander/Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have similar use case to you, some off-roading, nothing crazy, skiing, driving in serious snow/ice conditions, mountain biking. I went w/ the OBX lux sas, hard and soft tops. I also bought a set of sas takeoffs for about $500, and put real snow's (hakka's) on, and a set of skid plates. I'm very happy with my choice. I would have liked to go wildtrack or badlands, but I won't use those extra off-road features, and couldn't really justiify the extra $5k+ over what I paid for my 2023 obx. Highly recommend Lux for a skiing vehicle. I've got a 4 door and any ski longer than a 174 will need to go in at an angle.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
WT if for nothing else the 3.0 steering rack.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an OBX lux. If you are not going to go hard offloading, I say go with OBX. Lux gets you nice touches that I used on the road a lot (ACC, etc...). I also went OBX because I liked the interior better.

SO, if going off-road, WT. If not, OBX is a great option.

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only counterpoint is if you want manual....which would be a reason to consider Badlands. Otherwise, OBX makes complete sense for your use case

Fridge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-250,2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went obx sas lux hard top etc, could have ordered any trim but I like the obx interior and painted mirrors and door handles. Got the factory roof rack to haul snowboards and gear in a Thule box. Riding on nokians for the Saskatchewan winter and its inaugural trip to Banff next week.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been watching/reading this forum for a while now and this is my first post.

Just finished selling my previous vehicle so I have a pretty clean slate.
Previously had a number of Jeeps - Rubicon Unlimited, Sahara 4Xe, Gladiator Rubicon Diesel and enjoyed them but looking forward to a better ride and more room in the cabin compared to a Wrangler Unlimited.

Getting a deal is important to me as is being able to sell while minimizing depreciation in a year if I decide I want to try something else.

I have test driven Outer Banks Lux with and without the Sasquatch and driven the Wildtrak Lux. I like how the Sasquatch package makes the Bronco look and I like being up higher. Non-SAS is definitely smoother and better mileage but not a concern for me as all are better than the Jeeps I am used to. I believe having the Sasquatch pkg will help minimize depreciation as well.
My offroad is limited to going up to the mountains for mountain biking, skiing and light exploring. If I am really lucky this year then maybe a longer trip to try out some sand dunes.

I am looking at 2023 soft top models to maximize my discount possibilities. Here are the options I am looking at.

Outer Banks High Pkg with Sasquatch vs Wildtrak Lux
The OBX w/SAS saves me roughly CA$10K or US$7.5K vs the Wildtrak Lux, I may be able to cut the difference in half by going Wildtrak High.
I recognize the Lux gives me B&O, Adaptive Cruise and most importantly heated steering wheel.

Any thoughts
Key thing you mentioned: "My offroad is limited to going up to the mountains for mountain biking, skiing and light exploring. If I am really lucky this year then maybe a longer trip to try out some sand dunes."

In that case go with lowest cost Bronco you can get that has the appearance/comfort/pavement features you want. The other capability stuff, HOSS version whatever, axle ratings, sway bar uncoupling, and all that jazz ... doesn't matter much for your use case. Other than maybe a version with full time tcase, if that's something you want for pavement use in snow or whatever, so you can set it and forget it.

Also paying thousands extra for supposed future resale value typically isn't the ticket. People are buying used to save money because they are more budget minded, and they are not going to bail you out of 10k extra for off-road capability you never used, and they will likely never use. The more basic Wranglers tend to hold their value well and probably will be same with Broncos, because they give the used buyer the lowest cost to entry.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Obs has nearly as good (if not better) on road/lux package as WT but the hoss 3 Fox shocks on the WT do help the ride (they could be added for way less than $10k) if the ā€˜23 you are looking at has itā€¦if not Obs is a no brainer for your use.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So roughly 10% right? Get the Wildtrak. Future buyers like higher trim levels, and the cost premium today isnā€™t a needle mover. Also, you have better suspension and beefier steering rack that will cost that much or more to add later should you keep longer and do more off-road adventures.

Limiting to 23 models allows you leverage to beat the dealer down on price as inventories are plentiful and 23ā€™s are costing them interest to keep on the lot. When you think heā€™s at his lowest dollar, remember they get spiffs from financing that he can split with you. Also, he can tint windows, provide a years maintenance, etc. And if youā€™re savvy, he can use his favors to buy down your loan interest rate a few points. Thereā€™s several ā€œback doorā€ opportunities to sweeten your deal.

Also, just my 2 cents but lux is a waste. The stereos suck, standard or B&O. They shouldnā€™t and Iā€™m not exaggerating, go listen to them. So zero value with B&O. ACC is preference. I hate it and would pay extra to not have it. If you have a disability that requires or makes life easier that may sway things. I do miss my heated steering wheel like crazy. But IMO thatā€™s the only thing worthwhile in the lux package and as much as I would like, itā€™s not worth the ask price.

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just built these 2 online:

2024 OBX - 2.7, SAS, Mid Pkg, HT, Aux switches and it came out to $60,735.
2024 WT - 2.7, SAS, Mid Pkg, HT and it came out to $64,555

Seems like you get a whole lot more with the WT for $3820. If one could afford the extra, is there an advantage in getting the OBX or just personal preference?

RBJRBJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wildtrak with Lux package ā€” 2.7L turbo engine, 10 speed transmission and Fox suspension overall make a great vehicle.
Sponsored