Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lots of threads about tops today. Here's a different one with questions about how this all works.

When I went to order my 2022, I see the following option for a retractable twill full soft top.

Ford Bronco Help me with my top stupidity twill

It says it can be "run as a fully enclosed, all-season soft top"

Question 1: What does this top look like when not raised? Does it look better than the regular saggy-baggy soft top?

Question 2: Does it function as well or better than the saggy-baggy top?

Now, when you order this top, it says that it is "not available with the soft top with prep kit" and it forces you to switch to the MIC top option. And it says that it is "dealer installed"

Question 3: What does the dealer do with the MIC top when they take it off? Do they load it up on a small trailer for you to take it home? The back panel is not going to fit inside the rig.

Questions 4-6: Since it's dealer installed, what does that mean for taking it out and swapping to the MIC top when I want to put that on? Can I take it off myself? Can I reinstall it myself easily? If not, what's the point of selling the MIC along with it?

Any help understanding this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1. It's the Bestop top. You can find images and youtube videos of it installed.

2. Not seen one in person but Bestop is very reputable.

3. No one has taken delivery yet with this option
One possibility is to take the rig home, undress her, and bring her back topless.

4-6. In line with response 1, there's at least one video out there discussing this top which shows some of the installation (TFL Channel). The top is available for order direct from Bestop and you can certainly install it and remove it yourself. Easily is a matter of your available time, skills, determination.

They sell it alongside the MIC because it is an aftermarket accessory, not a replacement for the factory soft top.

Jelly81Raider

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I believe this is the Bestop option (similar to how they are offering the Bimini Shade in the B&P), but don’t quote me on that.

In the Bronco Nation vids they show it being a 2 man job to take off the soft top fully, just the lift up and out. Same can probably be said for getting the hard top back in place.

in terms of looks, yes I think it looks better than the OEM soft top (primarily the slant back & non wavy side windows), but the fully open option leaves you with the roof sitting on top, rather than tucked away like the OEM. Also, as you’ve seen in prior threads, that fully open position might not fit in the standard garage door opening, appears to be sitting at a similar angle as the OEM soft top in the half-open position.

Ford Bronco Help me with my top stupidity 0DF5537C-F8FD-4BD5-9602-7B18985D66F3
Ford Bronco Help me with my top stupidity 2B83E4A9-C3DB-4436-BFA6-B26B6C553E8C

rpzemo171

Wildtrak
First Name
Ruth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mini Countryman JCW, 2017 Corvette Z07
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We ordered the dual tops as part of the initial order on a 2023 Wildtrak. I am still confused if this is an additional soft / twill top to the soft top. Any help clarifying what the additional $2,480 is being spent on would help. Being a dealer installed option I thought we still have time to make a final decision. If the vehicle comes with a MIC and a convertible soft top I wouldn't think I need a second soft top.
Delivery is sometime in August, we are currently in production.

Sponsored

NathanML

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Corvette / Royal Enfield Continental GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We ordered the dual tops as part of the initial order on a 2023 Wildtrak. I am still confused if this is an additional soft / twill top to the soft top. Any help clarifying what the additional $2,480 is being spent on would help. Being a dealer installed option I thought we still have time to make a final decision. If the vehicle comes with a MIC and a convertible soft top I wouldn't think I need a second soft top.
Your truck will arrive with the hard top installed on the vehicle and the OEM soft top in a box in the trunk

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will partly ignore the fact that you resurrected a thread that hadn't had a reply in over 31 months (I think that is a record btw) and offer some kudos for actually using the search function (guessing that is how you found this ancient thread).

You are only getting the MIC plus factory soft top according to the B&P description. Also, if you decided you didn't want the soft top when it arrived I highly doubt the dealer would remove it from the sale as it is shown on your window sticker.

Oh, and better late than never on figuring out what you actually ordered.

rpzemo171

Wildtrak
First Name
Ruth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mini Countryman JCW, 2017 Corvette Z07
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks, yes I did use the search feature but did not look at the dates. I wanted both tops and I’m trying figure out why two charges are shown on the window sticker. One for dual tops and another for twill. Dealer hasn’t been much help so far. On our third sales rep since initial order. Guess I’ll find out when it actually gets here.
Sponsored