Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi, Friends - I'm trying to think of a solution to attach the WeBoost bracket to the antenna bracket on my tailgate reinforcement that will still allow me to use the elbow joint to fold the antenna down 90 degrees behind the tire when I'm not off-road. I'm thinking maybe just an "L" shaped bracket. I might have to go to a metal fabricator and have one made. But I'd think if I went that route I could drill two holes on the verticle plane of the bracket to slot two bolts into the tailgate bracket. And then on the horizontal plane I could drill holes for the weboost mount. But would appreciate any feedback of other ideas here. Thanks!

Ford Bronco Help! Need ideas for WeBoost antenna mount IMG_4778
Ford Bronco Help! Need ideas for WeBoost antenna mount IMG_4775
Ford Bronco Help! Need ideas for WeBoost antenna mount IMG_4772
Ford Bronco Help! Need ideas for WeBoost antenna mount bracket1
Ford Bronco Help! Need ideas for WeBoost antenna mount bracket2
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It sticks up past that mount kind of like a whip antenna right? Seems like you could mount it there, but you'd want something along the top to keep the antenna from bouncing around and smacking into the top of your top back there (unless you plan on running topless).

Even if the antenna is light weight, it still is fairly large and the wind just from driving around is going to make it go all over the place and smack into your top.

That said, looks like the spot you have identified would work just fine - not even sure you'd need to modify it apart from maybe drilling a couple new holes. The bracket with the antenna is adjustable, so you can install it on that vertical orientation and just re-orient the adjustment upwards for the whip.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It sticks up past that mount kind of like a whip antenna right? Seems like you could mount it there, but you'd want something along the top to keep the antenna from bouncing around and smacking into the top of your top back there (unless you plan on running topless).
They have a spring accessory for the pole I could try. From vids I've seen of it installed it doesn't seem to have a lot of play when offroad. But I still think you're probably right. I'll probably try to fabricate a thick foam bumper or something.

Surfari7

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Email them and ask for Antenna/Chuck Mount + hardware. That’s what I did. Easy install
Ford Bronco Help! Need ideas for WeBoost antenna mount IMG_6854

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Surfari7

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry @Roofus I’m just realizing that solution doesn’t allow for you to fold it down. Mine barely peeks above my soft top roof if it’s any consolation. I had to go to the hardware store and get a nut for the antenna.

You may be able to drill into that piece they provide you and mount the adjustable elbow, although it might touch the window or tire. Curious to see what you end up doing

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Totally get what you’re saying. I don’t think I’m going to get a real good picture of how to get this to work in a way that allows the antenna to fold down behind the third brake light until I can mock it up. So I went ahead and ordered the AGS part that you highlighted. It appears the weBoost foldable mount has a small plate on the bottom. My hope is that plate can be welded to the horizontal plane of the AGS bracket then I can attach the weBoost mount so it can still be folded down. i’ll report back once I have all the parts (hopefully end of week) and can mock it up.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just following up. Did some mock up last night. If you attach the chuck bracket flipped from the direction in your photo, and bolted down between the vehicle and the compressor bracket (rather than side closer to the tire as pictured) then the alignment will slot right between the rear wiper (on my hard top) and the rear brake light. You soft top guys should have even more room since you don't have a rear wiper.

So as far as the alignment, it's definitely possible. But now I have to figure out the best way to attach the 90 degree mount to the chuck bracket, which is complicated by the existing holes. If that piece was flat, it'd be easy... Trying to figure out if it would be best to try to weld a flat plate to the top of the chuck bracket that I can drill holes for bolts, or try to use a funky assortment of hardware to use a combination of the existing holes plus drilling out the others. Not great options without access to a welder or drill press at the moment.

I'll let you know what I end up doing,
Sponsored