Sponsored

Issue with synthetic winch rope fairlead & RC hidden winch mount - Need suggestions!

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I need some recommendations. I’m installing my setup with Freedom Winch Line from BleepinJeep using a Yankum modified hawse fairlead that has the modified ends for synthetic rope. Unfortunately, the angle of the RC fairlead mounting point will prevent a rope from being wrapped around the edges of the fairlead. It’s not the end of the world, but with rope this type of fairlead allows for certain functionality similar to tying up a boat at a dock.

Do you think I could use some sort of spacer to make room? Or would that compromise stability?

**RC hidden winch mount pic for reference**
Ford Bronco Issue with synthetic winch rope fairlead & RC hidden winch mount - Need suggestions! 1686933697959

Ford Bronco Issue with synthetic winch rope fairlead & RC hidden winch mount - Need suggestions! 1686933697959
Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would try and find a cheap fair lead with the same bolt hole width as what you have and just set the flat sides of them against each other. Use longer bolts to mount it all down. It would have the radiused end of the cheap fairlead pointing at your winch, so that sounds pretty good to me. 🤷‍♂️

tUPlCpy.jpg

4qhoapd.jpg

7RBsjFs.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would try and find a cheap fair lead with the same bolt hole width as what you have and just set the flat sides of them against each other. Use longer bolts to mount it all down. It would have the radiused end of the cheap fairlead pointing at your winch, so that sounds pretty good to me. 🤷‍♂️
That's actually a very sensible solution and I feel dumb for not thinking of that LOL. Thanks for the suggestion!

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's actually a very sensible solution and I feel dumb for not thinking of that LOL. Thanks for the suggestion!
I just updated with pics:

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks