Sponsored

Help, reservation > order date > build date???

mjkrawczykjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m looking at various other posts and maybe it’s just that everyone is using different words but looking for some help. I had a reservation in late May (late to the game) then changed to a soft top and updated my order date in mid -July. I ordered black diamond, 2.3, non Sasquatch and removed the hitch. Can anyone give me a rough idea as to what I’m looking at based on their orders and build dates? Thanks
Sponsored

Jr Birdman

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150, 2006 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No VIN = 22

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Next year. Soft tops will be going to early, July 2020, reservations that switched to a soft top.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So there are thousands and thousands of ppl that already got a VIN and don’t have build dates?
Yes, in the sense that the those of us with a MIC and a VIN have been bumped into limbo and are supposed to get an update from Ford in the fall

The majority here have neither a VIN nor a build date.

Ford issues both a VIN and estimated build date in the same email.

When you get scheduled depends more on your dealers allocations and the builds that are in front of you. Nobody here can give you an estimate better than maybe a very slight chance for MY21 but most likely sometime in MY22.

OP
OP
mjkrawczykjr

mjkrawczykjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, in the sense that the those of us with a MIC and a VIN have been bumped into limbo and are supposed to get an update from Ford in the fall

The majority here have neither a VIN nor a build date.

Ford issues both a VIN and estimated build date in the same email.

When you get scheduled depends more on your dealers allocations and the builds that are in front of you. Nobody here can give you an estimate better than maybe a very slight chance for MY21 but most likely sometime in MY22.
Thank you. Appreciate your feedback and candor. I’m sure everyone that ordered last year is frustrated, I know I would be too, but tough to tell who is providing info on known information and just guessing based on frustration.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mike, I reserved in Oct '20, and ordered in May '21. I knew going in mine would be a '22 because of the huge amount of reservations that came before me. The '22 order banks will open in mid Sept., and my dealer will call all of their '22 builds to re-order. I expect your dealer will also if they know what they are doing. 2021 orders will not be held over to the '22 model year, so be aware if you don't hear from your dealer. Just keep checking the forum, and you'll know when the order '22 banks open. We have some slueths here that can find out everything we need to know. :)

Welcome to the forum.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mjkrawczykjr

mjkrawczykjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mike, I reserved in Oct '20, and ordered in May '21. I knew going in mine would be a '22 because of the huge amount of reservations that came before me. The '22 order banks will open in mid Sept., and my dealer will call all of their '22 builds to re-order. I expect your dealer will also if they know what they are doing. 2021 orders will not be held over to the '22 model year, so be aware if you don't hear from your dealer. Just keep checking the forum, and you'll know when the order '22 banks open. We have some slueths here that can find out everything we need to know. :)

Welcome to the forum.
Great thanks. The dealer that processed my res and order told me that when I switched the order to soft top on mid July that it was the “perfect build” to be done soon and he said to expect a build date in sept. He also said that of the 100+ orders that they had, less than 5 of them switched to a soft top and that’s why he expected a quick turnaround. Guessing he doesn’t know much more than anyone else. Thx

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great thanks. The dealer that processed my res and order told me that when I switched the order to soft top on mid July that it was the “perfect build” to be done soon and he said to expect a build date in sept. He also said that of the 100+ orders that they had, less than 5 of them switched to a soft top and that’s why he expected a quick turnaround. Guessing he doesn’t know much more than anyone else. Thx
The way this roll out has been going you never know. I hate to be the bearer of bad tiddings, but don't get your hopes up. There's 1000's more that have done the same thing, and have a much earlier order date. It seems that sometimes a dealer forgets that there are many other orders out there, and they just look at their orders. I do wish you luck.

OP
OP
mjkrawczykjr

mjkrawczykjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The way this roll out has been going you never know. I hate to be the bearer of bad tiddings, but don't get your hopes up. There's 1000's more that have done the same thing, and have a much earlier order date. It seems that sometimes a dealer forgets that there are many other orders out there, and they just look at their orders. I do wish you luck.
Totally understand. Appreciate the reply.

RSalami

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what it's worth my ass got beat in another post:
The idea is that sometime in 2022 your bronco should be built and somewhere near Sept 13 your dealer will call you and reorder your bronco for possible production next year. No one knows anything, not the dealers not people here it's a guess work with info.

Being a May 2021 order date is after the magic March 2021 date ford made but it is better than nothing. The priority is janky even with soft tops.
Sponsored