First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Hi, I am Theo. This whole thing started with an 1997 Amazon Crossing Lego Set. So this originally was a Jeep build that ended poorly that can be read about HERE, but I don’t want dwell on the past. I was really down but looking for an older jeep to start again. I don’t why searched bronco on that day but I found this 2023 heritage bronco sitting on a lot in Mississippi. I sent a web link to my wife while at work on Monday afternoon, and I bought it Wednesday morning. We took a ride that with the boys that evening and she told me to build it for the trails at diner. I joined these forums that evening and began reading, researching, and messaging people on the forums. I want to extend a deep thank you to @RagnarKon @Ninjak @Aonarch @mpeugeot and @Snacktime . Your knowledge and patience for my ignorance is much appreciated. This build’s theory is around a ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure while keeping the retro theme.

The Canvas: 2023 Bronco Heritage 2.3l in Carbonized Grey
Ford Bronco Heritage Family Adventure Bronco Build FullSizeRender

Cargo Area Matts: OEM and Mabett

Ford Bronco Heritage Family Adventure Bronco Build IMG_0448

Ford Warn Winch Kit on Capable Bumper, Factor 55 Flatlink, ARB Skid Plates, and RCI Fuel.

Ford Bronco Heritage Family Adventure Bronco Build IMG_0060

Ford Bronco Heritage Family Adventure Bronco Build IMG_0061

Planned Next Month:
  • 74 Weld Stage 1 kit - parts waiting
  • Icon Tie Rods - parts waiting
  • Mud Flaps Rek Gen

Possibly next month:
  • Anti Rock Sway Bar
  • 20% ceramic tint

Recovery Gear Transferred from Jeep kit:
  • Warn soft shackle.
  • Warn steel shackle.
  • Overland soft shackle.
  • Warn snatch block with tree saver.
  • Motormic recovery kit includes 2x steel shackles and 30 foot 30,000 lbs strap.
  • Voodoo kinetic rope.

List of items being reviewed and would like feedback on:
  • Rock sliders- RCI: rear wheel kick out or JCR: that clean look.
  • Off road jack ( hi lift): I like ARB one, I know pricy but compact.
  • Ford Performance Rigid Bronco mirror mount kit - say with round heritage look.
  • New off road air compressor - current one not rated for 35’s ( Viair 88p)
  • Wire charger - looking at buckle up butter cup’s under arm rest one.
  • Fire extinguisher mount - maybe back roll bars?? Open to suggestions.
  • Tail gate table - wife wants it but I don’t want to drill.
  • Back seat cup holders for kids.
  • Tool roll bag to transfer my channel lock mechanics set out of plastic case to save space.

Thank you for reading my long introduction post and I am open to any suggestions on changes or choices.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The only thing I can speak to on your list is, I assume, the center arm rest wireless charger. I have the beegrow one from Amazon, works fine, doesn't overheat and keeps my phone charged up but with it being under the armrest I always forget about until I get halfway to the door!

Other than that, nice HE, welcome to the very rare club!

OP
OP
sts90

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The only thing I can speak to on your list is, I assume, the center arm rest wireless charger. I have the beegrow one from Amazon, works fine, doesn't overheat and keeps my phone charged up but with it being under the armrest I always forget about until I get halfway to the door!

Other than that, nice HE, welcome to the very rare club!
I thought only the Heritage Limiteds were the rare ones and heritage was just another special trim like Everglades. Am I wrong?

Sponsored
OP
OP
sts90

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Build Update:
The add-ons increased the rake cost to 1" 3/8ths. 38" 3/16 front and 39" 9/16ths rear measured from ground to bottom of the fender crossing center of the tire. I am now looking to add a level kit when it goes in the shop for 74 Weld Stage One steer upgrade.

Opinions: 1" or 1.25" level?​
I will have the wife, 2 kids, and stuff in the Bronco during trips.​

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I thought only the Heritage Limiteds were the rare ones and heritage was just another special trim like Everglades. Am I wrong?
There's supposed to be 1966 2 door and 1966 four door HE Limiteds during this 2 year run. There was, again supposedly, no limit to the standard Heritage but with ordering closed and no idea when or if it'll start back up the standards are estimated around 2500 if I remember correctly.

I don't know your past experience on the site but read up on the Heritage thread, HE production hasn't been the smoothest with allot of delays of both standards and Limiteds. Both technically are just trims, the Limited was allocated to the dealers and the standards were orderable at first just to the early reservation holders and then to everyone. The big difference is equipment level and then price, the Limited is based on an optioned out Badlands and the standard is based on an optioned out Big Bend. Really if you want to talk about the rarest Bronco I'd say its the Everglades.

OP
OP
sts90

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
There's supposed to be 1966 2 door and 1966 four door HE Limiteds during this 2 year run. There was, again supposedly, no limit to the standard Heritage but with ordering closed and no idea when or if it'll start back up the standards are estimated around 2500 if I remember correctly.

I don't know your past experience on the site but read up on the Heritage thread, HE production hasn't been the smoothest with allot of delays of both standards and Limiteds. Both technically are just trims, the Limited was allocated to the dealers and the standards were orderable at first just to the early reservation holders and then to everyone. The big difference is equipment level and then price, the Limited is based on an optioned out Badlands and the standard is based on an optioned out Big Bend. Really if you want to talk about the rarest Bronco I'd say its the Everglades.
I originally wanted an Everglades but those seats. Most of southern Louisiana where I live is like the Everglades but minus the breeze. I felt they would become a sweat box.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Ford Performance Rigid Bronco mirror mount kit - say with round heritage look.
  • Tool roll bag to transfer my channel lock mechanics set out of plastic case to save space.
A lot of people like the ARB jack. It's definitely safer than the mechanical hi lift jack. But the manual says long term storage should be verticle since it's hydraulic.

I think the mechanical ones are more versatile. Unless you get a sling setup for the wheels of your Bronco, you don't have many jacking points for any hi lift jack.

Ronny Dahl discusses the ARB jack starting at 13:30.

And then there's this short video.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sweet Bronco! Awesome list of mods too

jsoa

Heritage
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi, I am Theo. This whole thing started with an 1997 Amazon Crossing Lego Set. So this originally was a Jeep build that ended poorly that can be read about HERE, but I don’t want dwell on the past. I was really down but looking for an older jeep to start again. I don’t why searched bronco on that day but I found this 2023 heritage bronco sitting on a lot in Mississippi. I sent a web link to my wife while at work on Monday afternoon, and I bought it Wednesday morning. We took a ride that with the boys that evening and she told me to build it for the trails at diner. I joined these forums that evening and began reading, researching, and messaging people on the forums. I want to extend a deep thank you to @RagnarKon @Ninjak @Aonarch @mpeugeot and @Snacktime . Your knowledge and patience for my ignorance is much appreciated. This build’s theory is around a ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure while keeping the retro theme.

The Canvas: 2023 Bronco Heritage 2.3l in Carbonized Grey

Cargo Area Matts: OEM and Mabett

Ford Warn Winch Kit on Capable Bumper, Factor 55 Flatlink, ARB Skid Plates, and RCI Fuel.

Planned Next Month:
  • 74 Weld Stage 1 kit - parts waiting
  • Icon Tie Rods - parts waiting
  • Mud Flaps Rek Gen

Possibly next month:
  • Anti Rock Sway Bar
  • 20% ceramic tint

Recovery Gear Transferred from Jeep kit:
  • Warn soft shackle.
  • Warn steel shackle.
  • Overland soft shackle.
  • Warn snatch block with tree saver.
  • Motormic recovery kit includes 2x steel shackles and 30 foot 30,000 lbs strap.
  • Voodoo kinetic rope.

Thank you for reading my long introduction post and I am open to any suggestions on changes or choices.
Sweet ride! We can't wait to see what you do with your Bronco!

DrewMackin

Heritage
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tesla Model 3, 23 Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I originally wanted an Everglades but those seats. Most of southern Louisiana where I live is like the Everglades but minus the breeze. I felt they would become a sweat box.
I had an Everglades before my Heritage and you made the right choice. My Everglades seats got way hotter/sweatier than my Heritage cloth seats. They are the two best trims though!
Sponsored