Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A couple of Sundays ago my wife and I were at the store and I decided to check out the spray paint aisle. Prepped my grill then sprayed it down.

Definitely looks more vintage from the front, which is what I was looking for!

Ford Bronco Heritage style grill with two cans of Rustoleum spray paint IMG_2685
Ford Bronco Heritage style grill with two cans of Rustoleum spray paint IMG_2684

Ford Bronco Heritage style grill with two cans of Rustoleum spray paint IMG_2690

Ford Bronco Heritage style grill with two cans of Rustoleum spray paint IMG_2692
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Good job!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

nathanrhode

Base
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
A couple of Sundays ago my wife and I were at the store and I decided to check out the spray paint aisle. Prepped my grill then sprayed it down.

IMG_2685.jpeg
IMG_2684.jpeg

IMG_2690.jpeg

IMG_2692.jpeg
Love it, the pin striping is awesome too. just a suggestion...painting the bronco letters the red to deep orange to light yellow (left to right) like the fade the pin striping has instead of the red. However, the red looks great and retro

Speedlogix

Heritage
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Looks great!

Sponsored

smonroe11

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Heritage style grill with two cans of Rustoleum spray paint IMG_2692

The grill looks great! Which top is that?

OP
OP
tractorcrusher

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The grill looks great! Which top is that?
Thank you! It’s the Bestop Trektop PN BST56872-35. Have had it on for over two years, super happy with it. No rips/tears or any signs of damage. I take the windows out a few times a week. Just wish I could get tan panels instead of black.

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks fantastic w the stripe and everything. Way better than the actual Heritage Edition. Well done.

OP
OP
tractorcrusher

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love it, the pin striping is awesome too. just a suggestion...painting the bronco letters the red to deep orange to light yellow (left to right) like the fade the pin striping has instead of the red. However, the red looks great and retro
I considered doing something like that, because I have leftover striping from the Visco retro kit since mine’s a 2-door, but I was concerned about going overboard with matching everything. Now that I’ve seen how easy it was to paint I’m thinking about other versions I can do sometime. Maybe going painting the frame black and/or doing the grill area in a bright metallic silver.

Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Damn your Bronco looks great!

OP
OP
tractorcrusher

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are the letters easy to pop off and on? Or did you have to re-glue?
Good question and you touched on something I forgot to mention- the factory grill lettering has to be drilled out, but a long time ago I had changed my letters to the oracle lighted letter kit. It was a very early set and some of the letters stopped working within two months so I stopped using the lights all together (wired to Aux6). What surprised me was when I went to remove the letters for paint 3 of the 6 letters simply fell off with zero effort, so it seems the glue had failed which I bet people will start noticing soon if they had the early kit (no idea if they changed the glue at some point). I completely unwired everything while the grill was out and removed the electronics from each of the letters while I was at it.

Either way I got some super strong double sided tape and taped them on after painting. I’ve checked the letters since several times since install and they’re stuck on like cement. If I tried to pull them off hard enough I think the grill would break off with them. A heat gun is the only thing that will get the letters off at this point.

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good question and you touched on something I forgot to mention- the factory grill lettering has to be drilled out, but a long time ago I had changed my letters to the oracle lighted letter kit. It was a very early set and some of the letters stopped working within two months so I stopped using the lights all together (wired to Aux6). What surprised me was when I went to remove the letters for paint 3 of the 6 letters simply fell off with zero effort, so it seems the glue had failed which I bet people will start noticing soon if they had the early kit (no idea if they changed the glue at some point). I completely unwired everything while the grill was out and removed the electronics from each of the letters while I was at it.

Either way I got some super strong double sided tape and taped them on after painting. I’ve checked the letters since several times since install and they’re stuck on like cement. If I tried to pull them off hard enough I think the grill would break off with them. A heat gun is the only thing that will get the letters off at this point.
For what Oracle has the balls to charge per letter, I’m amazed they didn’t last for you. Better off going with Chinese made cheap ones on Amazon. You’d think they’d be warrantied.
Sponsored