First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I too have BL and just received the Heritage grille...but with BL trim the rear grille panel has to be replaced with the Heritage/base/BD specific support. Did you get one of those too? Additionally, for BL, there is a different air deflector (I am waiting for mine before I install the grille...there is only one place in the country in North Dakota that has them). I also had to order an extra grill clip because the Badlands has 12 and the Heritage has 13...did you have to buy another clip as well? I also stripped off the primer that came on the grill and then I used SEM plastic cleaner and then SCM sand free and then while the sand free was still wet painted it with spray max hot rod black one part 2K paint. Did you leave yours in primer? I bought the letters that come in red for the heritage grill... I thought of painting them carbon gray like the rest of my rig but decided just to leave them red for now. I had to buy 9 5 mm PAL nuts to secure those letters to the grill, but I like that because they're removable instead of the melted on ones that came on the Badlands grill. Expensive overall to swap out Badlands to Heritage but I feel like with the OEM parts it is a better choice than going with the aftermarket grills that don't even have a provision for deflecting air to the right place behind them. If you buy the parts from Flip you can get the Broncos 6G discount...

OP
OP
mbuck45

mbuck45

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did not need a different support or air deflector. Do you have a pick of what you’re referring to? I simply swapped the camera mount and clips over and it popped on no problem. I’ll be getting mine painted next week.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not need a different support or air deflector. Do you have a pick of what you’re referring to? I simply swapped the camera mount and clips over and it popped on no problem. I’ll be getting mine painted next week.
This (if you have BL your support bracket is different and so is your deflector):

Ford Bronco Heritage grill with vintage FORD installed Screenshot_20230202_215321_Chrome
Ford Bronco Heritage grill with vintage FORD installed Screenshot_20230202_215412_Chrome
Ford Bronco Heritage grill with vintage FORD installed Screenshot_20230130_092837_Chrome

SpringBreak98

Black Diamond
First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I too have BL and just received the Heritage grille...but with BL trim the rear grille panel has to be replaced with the Heritage/base/BD specific support. Did you get one of those too? Additionally, for BL, there is a different air deflector (I am waiting for mine before I install the grille...there is only one place in the country in North Dakota that has them). I also had to order an extra grill clip because the Badlands has 12 and the Heritage has 13...did you have to buy another clip as well? I also stripped off the primer that came on the grill and then I used SEM plastic cleaner and then SCM sand free and then while the sand free was still wet painted it with spray max hot rod black one part 2K paint. Did you leave yours in primer? I bought the letters that come in red for the heritage grill... I thought of painting them carbon gray like the rest of my rig but decided just to leave them red for now. I had to buy 9 5 mm PAL nuts to secure those letters to the grill, but I like that because they're removable instead of the melted on ones that came on the Badlands grill. Expensive overall to swap out Badlands to Heritage but I feel like with the OEM parts it is a better choice than going with the aftermarket grills that don't even have a provision for deflecting air to the right place behind them. If you buy the parts from Flip you can get the Broncos 6G discount...
Where did you find the grill clips that fit the bronco? Ive been looking for a spare set of 12 and not quite sure where to find them.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had to get them directly from Ford...$igh...
Where did you find the grill clips that fit the bronco? Ive been looking for a spare set of 12 and not quite sure where to find them.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, gold mine of info here. Can you post the part numbers on the support, air deflector and clips?

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, you had no installation issues just swapping the grille? I assume you left one of the clip points unclipped since there are apparently 13 vs. 12.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, you had no installation issues just swapping the grille? I assume you left one of the clip points unclipped since there are apparently 13 vs. 12.
Super easy install it's just a pain in the ass to have the deflector shipped to you from Ford without it breaking into multiple pieces. Also yes on that additional clip I'm just a little OCD so I didn't want to put my new grille together without having that final clip that goes right beneath the camera. Additionally, make sure that you remember you're going to have to paint your camera hood if yours is body matched...mine was carbon gray and I had to paint it to match the grille. Also other people will argue that you don't need the specific support bracket that goes behind the grill, but that depends entirely on which trim level you have. It is true that either of the two brackets will fit, but they are absolutely shaped differently... and as soon as you put the correct one behind the Heritage grill, it is obvious that that was the one intended for that grill. The same goes for the deflector...the correct one for the heritage is wider across the top section and that separates the air that's directed to the radiator. Without having access to a test tunnel to see if that affects temperatures, I decided to just spend the extra hundred bucks or so and get the correct stuff.