john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey man! Just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration and the details on your grille. I was able to mod mine (almost) the same as yours and EVERYONE has asked me about it. One guy was ticked I was able to get a Heritage Bronco this year already, lol. I told him thanks this forum and your build, I made my own. Your directions and measurements were perfect.

4CD8430C-AC6D-4595-9A69-625C9FCC108D.jpeg

FBA73430-DE92-4D3A-A183-64CD816FD7E5.jpeg

424BEA89-71F6-4D42-81A9-049A2FEE982B.jpeg
That is so awesome. I am glad it worked out for you. I have had the same thing happen to me too where they think mine is the heritage edition. I add some Ford letters to my tailgate this weekend, and got it a little dirty. I think it looks even better when it is dirty 😂

30F50494-DB7F-473E-B8BB-E13464666F55.jpeg
Sponsored

Lbg3

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is so awesome. I am glad it worked out for you. I have had the same thing happen to me too where they think mine is the heritage edition. I add some Ford letters to my tailgate this weekend, and got it a little dirty. I think it looks even better when it is dirty 😂

Ford Bronco DIY budget Heritage Grill w/ FORD Lettering 30F50494-DB7F-473E-B8BB-E13464666F55
Love the lettering! Where’d you get those from? I also like the spare cover. Mind sharing where that came from?!!

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

capn00

Heritage
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage, 2018 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The spare tire cover, I made myself with some help of a friend
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/my-diy-spare-tire-cover.54404/#post-1596573

The letters I got online. They are for the OG bronco tailgate. I had to move them a little closer together.
https://shop.broncograveyard.com/mo...nyl-Tailgate-Letters-White/productinfo/15114/
@AARDVARK122 Sorry to bring up an old post, but do you know the approximate distance between the letters once applied? I can tell you had to move them closer together vs how they were sent on the application sticker, just wondering how close. The result looks great and I am considering adding them to my HE.

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@AARDVARK122 Sorry to bring up an old post, but do you know the approximate distance between the letters once applied? I can tell you had to move them closer together vs how they were sent on the application sticker, just wondering how close. The result looks great and I am considering adding them to my HE.
Sorry I no longer have that bronco so I can’t measure it. But if I were to guess I would say maybe a 1/2”.

Sponsored

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry I no longer have that bronco

Hey John, Hopefully your new Bronco is awesome!

I finally got my second Bronco 2dr that I have been waiting on for years. I had a friend order the heritage grill, but he is going to paint it like you did yours with the white only in the center. I think it looks so much better.

I found another question though. I just was saving your pictures to send my buddy that owns a paint shop. You changed your bumper too! Did you change the whole bumper or just somehow add those D rings? I got stuck with the plain bumper after some re order glitch. I don't know what to do to change it up

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey John, Hopefully your new Bronco is awesome!

I finally got my second Bronco 2dr that I have been waiting on for years. I had a friend order the heritage grill, but he is going to paint it like you did yours with the white only in the center. I think it looks so much better.

I found another question though. I just was saving your pictures to send my buddy that owns a paint shop. You changed your bumper too! Did you change the whole bumper or just somehow add those D rings? I got stuck with the plain bumper after some re order glitch. I don't know what to do to change it up
I changed the bumper to the capable bumper that you see on the heritage edition now. But had to modify it a little to fit the non metal skid plates. If you were in Utah I would tell to come get my extra modular bumper with the factory skid plate and bull bar. I think I am going to sell that on. And just leave the stock bumper that comes on my black diamond.

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I changed the bumper to the capable bumper that you see on the heritage edition now. But had to modify it a little to fit the non metal skid plates. If you were in Utah I would tell to come get my extra modular bumper with the factory skid plate and bull bar. I think I am going to sell that on. And just leave the stock bumper that comes on my black diamond.

THanks! Indiana to Utah is a long drive! Someday the wife and I will do it though. She's from Poland never been farther west than TX. When we get the Bronco gremlins worked out we're planning on a drive from MT down to AZ and heading home. She wants to see the mountains, the grand canyon and then through the deserts. We've been debating a tent vs camper trailer for when I don't get my way and we stay in a hotel! We were hoping to do it this fall, but she has to have minor surgery in October. Now debating Spring vs next fall too!

I've been looking for a modular bumper on FB locally. I missed one for pretty cheap about 6 hours away. I'll find one eventually! I'm stuck in Indiana now for a bit anyway. Have a great day and good luck with your new Black Diamond!

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

THanks! Indiana to Utah is a long drive! Someday the wife and I will do it though. She's from Poland never been farther west than TX. When we get the Bronco gremlins worked out we're planning on a drive from MT down to AZ and heading home. She wants to see the mountains, the grand canyon and then through the deserts. We've been debating a tent vs camper trailer for when I don't get my way and we stay in a hotel! We were hoping to do it this fall, but she has to have minor surgery in October. Now debating Spring vs next fall too!

I've been looking for a modular bumper on FB locally. I missed one for pretty cheap about 6 hours away. I'll find one eventually! I'm stuck in Indiana now for a bit anyway. Have a great day and good luck with your new Black Diamond!
If you are older like me. (57) then I would suggest going with a small trailer. We had a tent on top of our sport. But it was just too high up. So we ended up with this trailer. Going to have to repaint it now to match the green bronco😁

IMG_3618.jpeg
Sponsored