Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have searched the above terms, but I can't find the answer.

I have seen a Video of removing the Bronco lettering to paint them. I thought I saw it on this forum, but now I am not sure.

Can anybody point this old guy in the correct direction.

Thanks
Mike
Sponsored

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you need to drill them out from the back once you have the grill off because the alignment/mounting posts are melted down.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You sort of have to grind or drill off the melted part that holds the pin into the grille. Multiple videos, here is one.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Terrian
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can confirm that in order to remove the letters, you have to drill them out which will render them useless. I added the lighted Oracle Bronco letters to our grill and there would be no way to reuse them after removal.

Have you looked at Tuff Skinz? They make something that slides over the existing letters and is a small investment so low risk. Might be worth a try.

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can confirm that in order to remove the letters, you have to drill them out which will render them useless. I added the lighted Oracle Bronco letters to our grill and there would be no way to reuse them after removal.

Have you looked at Tuff Skinz? They make something that slides over the existing letters and is a small investment so low risk. Might be worth a try.

I have seen those, and thought about using them. I am getting the paint and supplies to paint my fender flairs body color, so I figure I would do these at the same time.

If I don't do the fender flairs then I will most likely do the Tuff Skinz

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can reuse the original letters if you are careful when removing. Only need to remove the melted part holding them in. Can grind or use a large bit to remove.

Tuff Skins sells a raised type sticker not the cover. Amazon has the full letter covers though.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be cautious if you drill them out. I got a little too heavy handed and drilled through the letters. I already had my Oracle letters but my factory letters are now useless.

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought the full covers in black off of amazon. Then bought the cactus grey tuff skins sticker overlays(top notch and highly recommended) and put them on those black covers. Didn't like the idea of white showing on the wildtrak's gloss black grille. Looks awesome. Now I just need the Bronco to put them on 😆

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I replaced the black letters on a base grill with the white letters off if my Big Bend grill. You have to carefully drill the back of the letters with 1/4" bit to break the heat weld and pop them out. Once you get them off, very carefully drill a pilot hole being sure not to drill thru the letter. Using small screws and washers reattach the letters on the new grill. It took me about 30 minuets being very careful.
Ford Bronco Grill Lettering Removal IMG_5611

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you're looking to replace them with matching colors, use these:
UPR Grill Replacement Letters
They come in these colors:
Ford Bronco Grill Lettering Removal 1685546997228

and have the speed nuts to hold them on in addition to the double stick tape. I'm told they look more OEM than any other options out there.

Sponsored

Gladdox

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4D Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

and have the speed nuts to hold them on in addition to the double stick tape. I'm told they look more OEM than any other options out there.
Sad there’s no Cactus Gray option. I tried the TuffSkinz but they are just stickers that go over the white lettering, so the white is still visible from the sides. The search continues…

klastinger

Badlands
First Name
Kirby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I used the UPR letters and they are high quality and easy to do.

IMG_8007.jpeg

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought the full covers in black off of amazon. Then bought the cactus grey tuff skins sticker overlays(top notch and highly recommended) and put them on those black covers. Didn't like the idea of white showing on the wildtrak's gloss black grille. Looks awesome.

Sad there’s no Cactus Gray option. I tried the TuffSkinz but they are just stickers that go over the white lettering, so the white is still visible from the sides. The search continues…

Gladdox

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4D Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought the full covers in black off of amazon. Then bought the cactus grey tuff skins sticker overlays(top notch and highly recommended) and put them on those black covers. Didn't like the idea of white showing on the wildtrak's gloss black grille. Looks awesome.
That's a good idea, thanks!