Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, I'm part of the Sin City Broncos group and wanted to plan a trip - maybe end of Jan to anytime in Feb, to the Gran Canyon. I've never been and a few members haven't either. We would be coming from Las Vegas, NV - probably making a stop or two at recommended food stops perhaps, then plan to Bed/Breakfast it near the Grand Canyon (maybe a nice AirBNB). And of course do a trail or two while we are there to enjoy the majesty of the Grand Canyon!!!!

So......Any of you locals want to meet up with us and maybe be our guide on a Grand Canyon trail ride? And if not, can any of you give me some guidance to plan this trip well and safely? :) I'm aware of the "raodtrippers" app and Google......but of course local knowledge is best ;).
Sponsored

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s trails from my backyard west of Phoenix that will take me to Las Vegas.
Don’t like the Las Vegas lifestyle but I tell you what
I bet you
that’s one hell of a trip through the back country

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s trails from my backyard west of Phoenix that will take me to Las Vegas.
Don’t like the Las Vegas lifestyle but I tell you what
I bet you
that’s one hell of a trip through the back country
My play ground…
Ford Bronco HEY AZ Peeps!!!.....Grand Canyon Guide? F8119C5C-B204-4A31-BE0B-35B3A1F1EE53

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm in Flagstaff if you need any assistance. There are dirt roads from here to the Grand Canyon. You can get a permit from the Hualapai Nation to drive into the Grand Canyon. It is spendy, $80 per vehicle and another $80 per person, roughly. You drive through the middle of a creek. The rough dirt road is mostly used to take out river trips from the Canyon and it can flash flood often. Beautiful drive though.

The North Rim road will be closed still , but there is some cool stuff out that way. If you go later in the year.

We are putting on our third annual cooler - bobsledding event on Feb 3rd. Your welcome to come. It's a 'Safety Third' good time.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm in Flagstaff if you need any assistance. There are dirt roads from here to the Grand Canyon. You can get a permit from the Hualapai Nation to drive into the Grand Canyon. It is spendy, $80 per vehicle and another $80 per person, roughly. You drive through the middle of a creek. The rough dirt road is mostly used to take out river trips from the Canyon and it can flash flood often. Beautiful drive though.

The North Rim road will be closed still , but there is some cool stuff out that way. If you go later in the year.

We are putting on our third annual cooler - bobsledding event on Feb 3rd. Your welcome to come. It's a 'Safety Third' good time.
Wow that cooler event looks like a lot of fun!!! :) Are we allowed to join?

And yes, i will definitely hit you up for some advice on the trails we should use. I'm sure in winter its gorgeous too. How long is the drive from top to bottom typically? Would you recommend staying in Flagstaff? I was looking at Peach Springs as well for a stay. Any recommendations would be great.

Sponsored

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Flagstaff is basically a Colorado Mountain town with a University, and tons of tourists. Tehre is a ski mountain, and the town can fill up with skiers. The Weatherford, Monte Vista and the Residence Inn are all downtown and you can walk to the bars and restaurants.

Peach Springs is a quirky rez town, BYOB. The restaurant and the hotel are OK. Nothing else there really. I think Havasupai just re opened - world class beautiful, but a 9 mile hike, reservations needed, but you can do a helicopter tour. The road to the river is a solid hour each way, have a picnic on the beach and watch the river trips put in and take out. Sometimes people camp there but I am not sure if that's technically allowed.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bobsled: We should have rafts, kayaks or inflated couches you can jump on for a ride. The sleds are being run competitively and each one is built buy a sponsor. I am sure we can get you a ride on one during warm ups.
Sponsored