Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On the flip side, here in Phoenix, buying out of state will save you the local (not county) taxes.
That's about $1K on a base model.
I think I missed something. According to the Arizona Dept. of Revenue, any vehicle bought out of state is subject to vehicle use tax if registered in Arizona. The following..... https://www.azdor.gov/sites/default/files/media/BROCHURE_VUTCalculator_fs.pdf explains that those in Arizona, once you pick up your Bronco from Granger :) , will need to pay state (5.6%) and city sales tax (variable). There is no county sales tax applied (Maricopa is 0.7%). Is this not the way it is done? I need clarification from anyone who has recently bought out of state and then registered in AZ.
Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yikes, you have a trade in?
I know everyone is concerned about the Bronco price but if trading a vehicle in THAT is where they are gonna rip you off.
Dealers dont make money on selling new vehicles, they make all their money taking in trade ins at 4k and selling it for 12k.
Try to sell your car before the bronco comes in.
$4k->$12k is a little exaggerated, but yes, they need to make a profit on used vehicles too. But the hassle of private party sales and the loss the of the sales tax reduction still make trade-ins worth it as I both hate hassle and paying taxes. Win-win for the minor expense of a few bucks lost.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think I missed something. According to the Arizona Dept. of Revenue, any vehicle bought out of state is subject to vehicle use tax if registered in Arizona. The following..... https://www.azdor.gov/sites/default/files/media/BROCHURE_VUTCalculator_fs.pdf explains that those in Arizona, once you pick up your Bronco from Granger :) , will need to pay state (5.6%) and city sales tax (variable). There is no county sales tax applied (Maricopa is 0.7%). Is this not the way it is done? I need clarification from anyone who has recently bought out of state and then registered in AZ.
I thought it was the other way around.
State and county, not city......

Not an expert on this.

I would appreciate anyone who's done this to chime in.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I thought it was the other way around.
State and county, not city......

Not an expert on this.

I would appreciate anyone who's done this to chime in.
Not an expert in any way, but am a CPA and basic rule in taxes is the rules are designed to take as much as they can and remove any loopholes. So would be surprised if AZ wants to incentivize people to buy cars out of state to both lose local business and collect less taxes... but would be a nice surprise if true.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not an expert in any way, but am a CPA and basic rule in taxes is the rules are designed to take as much as they can and remove any loopholes. So would be surprised if AZ wants to incentivize people to buy cars out of state to both lose local business and collect less taxes... but would be a nice surprise if true.
DMV site shows that if you pay less, or no taxes on the out of State purchase, you owe the difference, compared to the in state rate.
If you paid more in taxes for the out of State purchase, you owe nothing.

The tax tool is here:

https://usetax.az.gov/Home/VehicleUseTaxCalculator

Sponsored

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Western Union

I have posted the 1st dealer for the Western US Buyers Group as Damerow Ford in Beaverton, OR. very near Portland Airport. Depending on time of year a great way to cool off. Florence is a Coastal Dunes Recreation area for beach and dune running in all vehical types. Very fun and doable in any 4x4.

Kinda far for AZ buyers but closer than the Big Three.

Keep us up to date on Western Union if your group gets some traction.

PHXBronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor, 2019 JLU Moab
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Bought last vehicle in Vegas. I paid ALL AZ taxes as if I was buying from dealer down the street and dealer made a big deal about getting my residence exactly right to assess the taxes correctly.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With no more X-Plan pricing. Anyone looking around for what dealers are willing to offer?

TexAZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With no more X-Plan pricing. Anyone looking around for what dealers are willing to offer?
Yes, but I’ve been waiting in the shadows for changes like this to pop up. I’m currently with Peoria, but not ruling out going out of state.

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego said on another thread they will offer x plan pricing despite today’s terrible news.

Sponsored

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On the flip side, here in Phoenix, buying out of state will save you the local (not county) taxes.
That's about $1K on a base model.
My city sent the letter along with the state asking for a check.

Azflyfish

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
New to the page. Just filled out the form. Please add me to the group.

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Western Union

I have posted the 1st dealer for the Western US Buyers Group as Damerow Ford in Beaverton, OR. very near Portland Airport. Depending on time of year a great way to cool off. Florence is a Coastal Dunes Recreation area for beach and dune running in all vehical types. Very fun and doable in any 4x4.

Kinda far for AZ buyers but closer than the Big Three.

Keep us up to date on Western Union if your group gets some traction.
With X Plan gone it and the new Jan 31st change date it is as important as ever to consolidate efforts. So many may have had the belief that X Plan created hassle free buying but now are stuck negotiation one on one deals with their local Dealer.
Post your deals or find a dealer at Western US Buyers group. Link click above.

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just filled out the form. Please add me to group. With X plan out need to know when to more reservation. Currently with San Tan Ford, but getting cold feet.
Sponsored