Sponsored

Hi - new member with Bronco novice question on interiors -- can you get leather interior? Or is it faux leather?

Pony4x4

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi Everyone:
I am thinking about ordering a Bronco - 68 years old and don't know much of the "lingo". Back in the day had a 1972 black blazer that you could take the whole top off and had it jacked to the moon. Wish I still had it .....

Anyway - I am confused by the interior choices as they lay them out on the order site. My basic question is this - can you get leather interior? Or is it faux leather? And if you can get leather - what models can you get it on?

Thanks - look forward to learning on your great forum!
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are three basic interiors:
  • Cloth
    • Standard on Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, and Wildtrak
  • Marine-Grade Vinyl (commonly abbreviated as "MGV")
    • Standard on Black Diamond and Badlands
  • Leather
    • Optional upgrade on Outer Banks, Badlands, and Wildtrak
The different trims have different available colors, but that should get you started.

In my personal opinion the best interior is the Roast leather interior available on Outer Banks. BUT... personally, I have the Marine Grade Vinyl interior on my Badlands, as I wanted some durable and easy to clean. The downside it is cold in the winter and very toasty in the summer.

OP
OP

Pony4x4

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow - thanks so much. Maybe I am thick in the head - but Ford seems to make the verbiage "difficult" to understand.

OP
OP

Pony4x4

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry - another ? If it says "Roast" is it leather? Or can Roast also be Marine grade vinyl?

Sponsored

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m pretty sure the “leather” is only leather trimmed…centers are still mgv.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m pretty sure the “leather” is only leather trimmed…centers are still mgv.
Yup you are correct. They are vinyl seats with leather trim pieces. I would say it's probably about a 65%/35% split between vinyl & leather in terms of overall surface area.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hi Everyone:
I am thinking about ordering a Bronco - 68 years old and don't know much of the "lingo". Back in the day had a 1972 black blazer that you could take the whole top off and had it jacked to the moon. Wish I still had it .....

Anyway - I am confused by the interior choices as they lay them out on the order site. My basic question is this - can you get leather interior? Or is it faux leather? And if you can get leather - what models can you get it on?

If you're looking for leather in a trim that doesn't offer it Katzkin is an aftermarket company that makes leather seat covers and lets you choose custom color choices. Many on here have used them as well as Ford dealers to add leather options for their customers. Link is below and they have a configurator that let's you play with color and stitching options.

https://katzkin.com

OP
OP

Pony4x4

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Appreciate it....

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi Everyone:

Marine-Grade Vinyl (commonly abbreviated as "MGV is what i got leathers ok to if you dont abuse it like me
Sponsored