First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco base SAS 4 door 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello Bronco6G community, I've been looking at the Oracle side mirrors for quite some time. What I'm trying to achieve is the side mirror lights being activated with the Auto high beam feature as well as on demand via aux switches. Any electrical experts out there with some insight how this can be achieved would be helpful. Thank you
Ford Bronco High beam wiring options? 1000011588
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There's been a few comments about something like this before.

So - right now, high beams can only be figured out either by 3 methods:

(1) Cracking open your headlamp assembly and tapping off the LED directly. Not really easy to do or recommended.

(2) A CAN bus reader - which hasn't been tested out yet for the Bronco (XBB Relay)

(3) If you do not have Bambi lights enabled - the default setting is for the OEM fog lights to turn off when your high beams activate.

With method 3 you have to turn on the fog lights, then wire a set of relays up to turn on when your upfitter is on and the fog lights turn off. This isn't 100% perfect, but there are folks here that have this method working.

(if you do not have OEM fog lights, there are threads on how to add the switch and enable it - most Broncos do have the harness even if they don't have the light)

OP
OP
AntiMatterSAS

AntiMatterSAS

Base
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco base SAS 4 door 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's been a few comments about something like this before.

So - right now, high beams can only be figured out either by 3 methods:

(1) Cracking open your headlamp assembly and tapping off the LED directly. Not really easy to do or recommended.

(2) A CAN bus reader - which hasn't been tested out yet for the Bronco (XBB Relay)

(3) If you do not have Bambi lights enabled - the default setting is for the OEM fog lights to turn off when your high beams activate.

With method 3 you have to turn on the fog lights, then wire a set of relays up to turn on when your upfitter is on and the fog lights turn off. This isn't 100% perfect, but there are folks here that have this method working.

(if you do not have OEM fog lights, there are threads on how to add the switch and enable it - most Broncos do have the harness even if they don't have the light)
I have a 21 base no fog light switch but I do have the aux switches. I've got the modular bumper with fogs installed on aux switch number two. I figured it would be nice to have those lights come on when the high beams come on they have a wider view on the dark Back Country Roads

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 21 base no fog light switch
Yeah I don't know that the base has the OEM fog lamp harness. It's still possible to add I think, but you have to go digging in around the big wire bundles.... On top of swapping out the light switch to add the Fog button, and then programming it to work.

It's a nice idea to work with the high beams, but 100x simpler to just add it to a upfitter.
Sponsored