chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’d say no more or less than the Ford Performance model when installed. The winch mounting brackets are pretty beefy at the mounting point.. Additional the recovery point is directly in line with the mounting point and frame, so the force should be transferred directly and not at a leveraged angle like some of the other offerings I’ve seen the last couple years. This is the first one that fit what I was personally looking for. The capable bumper has been the red-headed step child of development.
Except that the Ford Performance one DOES INCLUDE braces for the frame horns..
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Except that the Ford Performance one DOES INCLUDE braces for the frame horns..
Yeah I just looked up the instructions for this kit and it definitely does not include braces for the frame. So yes... definitely invest in those @NJRoadkill.

I don't know why, but very few (if any) of these aftermarket high-mount kits have added bracing for the frame. All they really had to do was copy Ford's homework, but for some reason they decided not to. I'm guessing they're trying to cut down on costs, but the lack of bracing is one of the reasons why I specifically went with the Ford Performance kit on my capable bumper over the other options.

Nice job on the install!! This seems like an awesome option for those with the High/Lux package. Camera view seems basically unaffected.

OP
OP
NJRoadkill

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I just looked up the instructions for this kit and it definitely does not include braces for the frame. So yes... definitely invest in those @NJRoadkill.

I don't know why, but very few (if any) of these aftermarket high-mount kits have added bracing for the frame. All they really had to do was copy Ford's homework, but for some reason they decided not to. I'm guessing they're trying to cut down on costs, but the lack of bracing is one of the reasons why I specifically went with the Ford Performance kit on my capable bumper over the other options.

Nice job on the install!! This seems like an awesome option for those with the High/Lux package once you add the bracing.
Yeah, definitely would have been a good detail to know prior to installing. 😂
No big deal. I wanted to add a switched relay anyway. I’ll get the parts, take a day to break it down, then tweak a few small details. I still have some bar clamps and lights to install.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, definitely would have been a good detail to know prior to installing. 😂
No big deal. I wanted to add a switched relay anyway. I’ll get the parts, take a day to break it down, then tweak a few small details. I still have some bar clamps and lights to install.
Running the power cables so they would be hidden was the one thing I couldn't figure out how to do, and I was racing the rain so didn't get much time to fuss with it. Ended up having to run them up and over the bumper.

Not a huge deal I suppose, just doesn't look super clean. If you figure out a better way to route them when you go to tear it down again... let me know. 😁

Ford Bronco High Mount Winch Plate installed on Capable Bumper 1699932350830

OP
OP
NJRoadkill

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Running the power cables so they would be hidden was the one thing I couldn't figure out how to do, and I was racing the rain so didn't get much time to fuss with it. Ended up having to run them up and over the bumper.

Not a huge deal I suppose, just doesn't look super clean. If you figure out a better way to route them when you go to tear it down again... let me know. 😁

Ford Bronco High Mount Winch Plate installed on Capable Bumper 1699932350830
That’s where I’ve seen most installs run it regardless of winch or mount. Looks good.

1916FD3C-D752-4890-ADD4-FE9A3B5B6D34.jpeg

Sponsored

FSUMcFly

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s where I’ve seen most installs run it regardless of winch or mount. Looks good.

Ford Bronco High Mount Winch Plate installed on Capable Bumper 1916FD3C-D752-4890-ADD4-FE9A3B5B6D34
I went the JCR route on my capable bumper and have my wires routed the same way for reference.

Ford Bronco High Mount Winch Plate installed on Capable Bumper IMG_0358

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BD Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Installed the LOD frame tie in kit and RC High Mount this weekend. Very straight forward. Only thing I had to adapt was the outer LOD bracket. My BD has steel skid plates and the outer LOD brackets have the tow loop on the bottom. They would not clear the skid plate edge. So I cut them off. Ground the sharp edges off, sprayed some primer and paint on the raw surface. No issues after that. Using the LOD brackets does cause your bumper to sit about a 1/4 inch lower. Not very noticeable. Also, the Capable Bumper tow hook base is not recessed like the modular bumper tow hook base. Therefore the spacers from Rough Country that allow the winch mount to sit flush on the modular bumper are not needed on the capable bumper.

IMG_0732.jpeg

IMG_0736.jpeg

IMG_0733.jpeg
Sponsored