Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like them and will use them. Out here, some trailheads have a lot of marmots that like to crawl onto warm car engines and chew on the wiring. Pika and porcupines do this too. There's nothing worse than coming back from a whole day of mountaineering to find that your car won't start, or getting home to find a new "pet" in your garage.

A physical barrier like plastic snow fencing around the bottom or a tarp wrapped around the hood is the only way to keep them out (and avoid a very expensive tow). Those loops will give me something to tie a tarp to and keep the critters out.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Aside from being a tie down point and limb lifter they also show you where the front corners are. Very important in tight places. Extremely important off-road.

Reactions: sjp

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They are specifically designed to be visible to the driver. One of their design functions is as a visual guide for where the corner is while maneuvering.

You will see them, all the time. They are not small like the tiny light indicators on some cars.

To me they would have made far more sense as an option with an alternately shaped hood. On every Bronco they are just another dumb gimmick like the "desert air intake" on Tacomas that no one asked for.
Obviously they're meant to be seen. But they're not going to impede your view forward.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Me: Not sure about the “trail sights.”
Others: “Limb lifters!”
Me: “WTF is a limb lifter?” type - search
Me: “Trail sights” are the best thing ever.

As far as high lift jack goes, I’m hoping to put some sort of rack on the back tailgate for the jack and an old school jerry can on each side of the spare.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I intend on using them for a kayak or two. So yeah I'm on team LIKE.
Sponsored