Sponsored

MOD bumper enjoyers - Have you removed the end cap loops? Did it matter?

Have you removed your MOD bumper wings, and did it make a difference?

• Total voters

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a lot of average modular bumper enthusiasts in the 6G Bronco crowd, and many of us have (or plan to) install lighting in left and right mod bumper pockets. However, that creates an issue if/when you want to remove the end cap loops for extra clearance, since that makes it easier to smash the bumper lights.

And, that brings me to my poll. Has anyone really seen a difference with the MOD bumper loops removed? I know the idea is clearance, but I'd love to hear from any owners where having them removed actually mattered; 100 internet points to anyone with scrapes on the modular bumper end cap loops! 🏆
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve taken mine off. It does give you a little more approach clearance. It’s one of the main reasons I won’t put lights down there. The crash bar mount is still there so it’s not a wide open even with them taken off.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll collect my internet points now, thanks. Although I probably get a deduction for only half a light set installed.

Ford Bronco MOD bumper enjoyers - Have you removed the end cap loops? Did it matter? PXL_20230106_204625059

Ford Bronco MOD bumper enjoyers - Have you removed the end cap loops? Did it matter? PXL_20230106_204653612

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ideally the lights should be mounted to the end caps and use a single plug so you can remove all when you want/need the extra clearance.
I have lights installed, so I'll never take the end caps off. I guess I need some coil overs and 37's now...

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine will have the module bumper. No desire to remove the end caps.

Sponsored

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I took my endcaps off day one, added the lights day 3, and have never put the caps back on. Only dinged the lights 1 time in over 25k miles with plenty of off-roading adventures.

PXL_20220812_204016530.jpg

pandasloth

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those that took them off, any chance you're willing to sell them? Dinged my left side.

KDWright5407

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never thought about it until now....but would taking the wings off make installation and aiming of the pocket lights easier (more room)? Any issues with installing lights without the wings, then putting them back on?

JR23

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Never thought about it until now....but would taking the wings off make installation and aiming of the pocket lights easier (more room)? Any issues with installing lights without the wings, then putting them back on?
This is how I worked on mine, and tidied up the harness with zip ties etc before replacing. Everything bolts to the main bumper not the wing.
Sponsored