Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello, I want to buy a strip led light to install right on the front edge of the hood, and lights up when I start my Bronco. I have seen it in a lot of vehicles, but not in a Bronco.
So my question is, which fuse under the hood should I use? I will buy a fuse tap (piggy tail?) but I do not know which fuse should I/could I use for?
Normally I would think on the daytime running lights, which starts when I start my Bronco, but that fuse is in the inside panel and I would like to use the under the hood fuse box.
Also I would like to know if I can use fuse 140 and 141 which are “not used (spare)” for a 5A
Does anyone know if 140/141 are ignition power ?
any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

0D0BA8B5-5D61-4831-A985-600E87E5453C.jpeg

IMG_9276.jpeg
Sponsored

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello, I want to buy a strip led light to install right on the front edge of the hood, and lights up when I start my Bronco. I have seen it in a lot of vehicles, but not in a Bronco.
So my question is, which fuse under the hood should I use? I will buy a fuse tap (piggy tail?) but I do not know which fuse should I/could I use for?
Normally I would think on the daytime running lights, which starts when I start my Bronco, but that fuse is in the inside panel and I would like to use the under the hood fuse box.
Also I would like to know if I can use fuse 140 and 141 which are “not used (spare)” for a 5A
Thanks,

0D0BA8B5-5D61-4831-A985-600E87E5453C.jpeg

IMG_9276.jpeg
The one I bought has inline fuse and a pin switch so I just tied it directly to one of the available positive terminal accessory posts. Did I do it wrong?

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks,

Ford Bronco Hood strip led light ? IMG_9276

Ford Bronco Hood strip led light ? IMG_9276
From what I've read, the problem with using the under hood fuses is the seal around the fuse box itself. You need to figure out a way to get wires in or out of it. I've also read that the spare fuses listed do not have power to them. So, you'd want to use a multimeter to test if that's true.

Nonetheless, I just bought one of these lights and was researching the same thing. I have the auxiliary upfitter switches so I think I may just hook into one of those. I'll be watching this thread to see what you end up doing.

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The one I bought has inline fuse and a pin switch so I just tied it directly to one of the available positive terminal accessory posts. Did I do it wrong?
As long as there is an inline fuse to protect the wiring, you're fine with that setup.

OP
OP
CuervoBronco

CuervoBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From what I've read, the problem with using the under hood fuses is the seal around the fuse box itself. You need to figure out a way to get wires in or out of it. I've also read that the spare fuses listed do not have power to them. So, you'd want to use a multimeter to test if that's true.

Nonetheless, I just bought one of these lights and was researching the same thing. I have the auxiliary upfitter switches so I think I may just hook into one of those. I'll be watching this thread to see what you end up doing.
hey thanks for replying.
Using a multimeter is always a good idea, I guess I will buy one to check.
Connecting to the auxiliary switches is always an option, yet you have to on/off that strip light if connected to an auxiliary switch. I would like to have them lid when I start my Bronco. I will keep searching. I will post whatever I will end up doing.

Sponsored

Masterwaterskier

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor, '79 Bronco, '23 2Dr BD Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aux switch is an option... I believe if you leave it on, it will come on when you start the car, that is way my fog lights work and probably the way you want them to work.

I bought the Mabett grill lights and the wiring came with fuses and a 90 degree plug and the wire came out of the side of the plug. I tried in the slot they suggested, #25, but it didn't fit and the wiring didn't run the right way..

I tried a bunch of spots.. the spares you are talking about do not have power, so they don't work and the USB spots have power all the time, so the lights will be on all the time.

I settled on #22 - the 360 camera spot as it fit well and likely that camera doesn't need or use anything close to 10A.

Yes, I did modify the seal slightly to get the wires out... the inner ridge I put a slot in with a Dremel, but the outer ridge had a slot for a wire in that location and a few others. I put some sealer where I ran the wire, should be fine.

Ford Bronco Hood strip led light ? fusebox

Last edited:

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Aux switch is an option... I believe if you leave it on, it will come one when you start the car, that is way my fog lights work and probably the way you want them to work.

I bought the Mabett grill lights and the wiring came with fuses and a 90 degree plug and the wire came out of the side of the plug. I tried in the slot they suggested, #25, but it didn't fit and the wiring didn't run the right way..

I tried a bunch of spots.. the spares you are talking about do not have power, so they don't work and the USB spots have power all the time, so the lights will be on all the time.

I settled on #22 - the 360 camera spot as it fit well and likely that camera doesn't need or use anything close to 10A.

Yes, I did modify the seal slightly to get the wires out... the inner ridge I put a slot in with a Dremel, but the outer ridge had a slot for the wire in the location. I put some sealer where I ran the wire, should be fine.

fusebox.jpg
That's a lot of great info. I've heard others call out #22 to use. Do all the Aux switches turn off when the vehicle is powered off. If so, I'll just leave that switch on all the time.

Masterwaterskier

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor, '79 Bronco, '23 2Dr BD Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not 100% sure... the 2 switches I am using do, so it would make sense that all of them work that way. I just know because sometimes I forget to switch off the lights and they come on the next time I start the truck.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

hey thanks for replying.
Using a multimeter is always a good idea, I guess I will buy one to check.
Connecting to the auxiliary switches is always an option, yet you have to on/off that strip light if connected to an auxiliary switch. I would like to have them lid when I start my Bronco. I will keep searching. I will post whatever I will end up doing.
I plugged my Oracle Grill Letters into Switch 4 (10A) and just leave it on all the time. It powers up when I start and shuts off when I shut down. It sounds like that's what you want.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I added light up grill letters. The instructions said use fuse #22 to add a tap for key on power.

Sponsored

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I plugged my Oracle Grill Letters into Switch 4 (10A) and just leave it on all the time. It powers up when I start and shuts off when I shut down. It sounds like that's what you want.
Great! That's the switch I was planning to use.

Archedamian

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands, Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMG_1572.jpeg