Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So hopefully someone can clone the data needed to program the rack and what not for a Badlands, and we can slap that puppy in a 2021.
uh this has been done over a year ago, many of us already have the upgrade...I was the 1st. big thread on it.
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

orange_machine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

uh this has been done over a year ago, many of us already have the upgrade...I was the 1st. big thread on it.
True - I've seen the threads of all the 3.0 racks including the one from 74weld, but I kinda fell out of those threads.
Does it all work just like OEM with those setups? If so, shit. I guess this, plus the eventual portals, plus the suspension, I'm probably wanting to put another 30-40k into the stupid thing at some point.
I think I'll be happier though with keeping my Cyber Orange Badlands than I would have been getting a Raptor.
I kinda just want to keep beefing this one up.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

True - I've seen the threads of all the 3.0 racks including the one from 74weld, but I kinda fell out of those threads.
Does it all work just like OEM with those setups? If so, shit. I guess this, plus the eventual portals, plus the suspension, I'm probably wanting to put another 30-40k into the stupid thing at some point.
I think I'll be happier though with keeping my Cyber Orange Badlands than I would have been getting a Raptor.
Yep, except I think BB got a bad batch, don't buy his junk.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The HD steering rack upgrade isn't that much, comparatively. If you wrench it on install, and get it programmed by someone (whatever they charge and shipping to/fro), that's less than $2k (conservatively, maybe half that) and includes upgraded tie rods. If you get the 74Weld stage 3 rack, it's already programmed for install but of course is a little more than $5k. More than you need if you don't need structural certainty.

I installed the stage 3 on by BL Sas (see the thread of mine on that), if you're handy with a wrench, it's a day or so install. A necessary upgrade if you're actually off roading and not just overlanding (carry spare tie rods and a kit). You probably don't need the stage 3 rack, but it's pretty good nonetheless.

I assume Ford will eventually offer it for 21-23 years, which is what I guess you meant. It may be a while (six months? year?). In that case, I assume it would be covered by warranty.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hopping into a raptor is going to curtail a lot of fun suspension mods. Since the shocks are computerized, you can't simply replace them with Kings in a long travel setup unless you enjoy warning lights and messages. Just like Apple, you get what Ford gives you. There's already Broncos out there getting 16"+ wheel travel and putting raptors to shame. It's doubtful anyone is ever going to bother doing the same with the raptor...if they do, it's only going to equal what's available for a non-raptor Bronco. Shock options with a raptor would entail either programming those expensive computer controlled shocks out of the equation, or developing new longer travel overpriced shocks that work with the raptor. Either way it's a bust if you want the best you can get without paying a Bronco tax and a raptor tax, be glad you didn't buy into the hype. There's a lot of better stuff that money can do than paying a premium.

BadBronc24

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So can we purchase a 3.0 rack from Ford for $800 and the dealerships do the install?
All those company’s are charging $380+ for shipping. So not sure what that’s all about. If anyone knows where to get them for that price with reseasanble price for shipping.

BadBronc24

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, except I think BB got a bad batch, don't buy his junk.
Can you explain bad batch? Like recalled do you have any examples.
I’m about to order just the rack and and get the 74 housing and bushings. Seems to be a cheaper option just have to figure out the programming. Looking for a guide still can’t be that hard.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you explain bad batch? Like recalled do you have any examples.
I’m about to order just the rack and and get the 74 housing and bushings. Seems to be a cheaper option just have to figure out the programming. Looking for a guide still can’t be that hard.
Honestly, do all the math including shipping it several times (unless you're going to do the install and program). If you're going full 74Weld housing, just buy the stage 3. They've done hundreds by now, they buy the racks in bulk from Ford, and if you call and ask nicely, Quinn might give you the OnX code for extra savings. When I did the math, it just wasn't worth it (time/hassle/etc) to try to part it out myself.

Here's my thread on the subject:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ling-the-hoss-3-0-74weld-steering-rack.83708/

Also, the bad batch was a series of HD racks that had issues a few months ago. My understanding is that they weren't distributed in the parts channel, just assembly install. There was some chatter whether Bmadda or Snacktime (?) got one with the VIN sequence, but that was back in August/September. Also, if you buy an HD rack, just get it from your local dealer parts. They don't charge you shipping, even if it costs more. You're in Texas, so shop around (I hear Sam Pack in DFW can be competitive).

BadBronc24

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, do all the math including shipping it several times (unless you're going to do the install and program). If you're going full 74Weld housing, just buy the stage 3. They've done hundreds by now, they buy the racks in bulk from Ford, and if you call and ask nicely, Quinn might give you the OnX code for extra savings. When I did the math, it just wasn't worth it (time/hassle/etc) to try to part it out myself.

Here's my thread on the subject:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ling-the-hoss-3-0-74weld-steering-rack.83708/

Also, the bad batch was a series of HD racks that had issues a few months ago. My understanding is that they weren't distributed in the parts channel, just assembly install. There was some chatter whether Bmadda or Snacktime (?) got one with the VIN sequence, but that was back in August/September. Also, if you buy an HD rack, just get it from your local dealer parts. They don't charge you shipping, even if it costs more. You're in Texas, so shop around (I hear Sam Pack in DFW can be competitive).
Thanks I’ll have to check with him.
I have to do something ASAP. I went wheeling once and now my rack is fried. I went out of town this weekend to Dallas (I’m in SA area) came out in the morning rack completely locked up. I was able to free it up and make it home but I need to address this issue ASAP. I’m on 37 so that 2.0 is screaming.
I don’t mind wrenching I’ve done all the work so far myself lift ect. I fix all my cars so that’s not a problem. I would love there 74 rack but that price tag is steep.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks I’ll have to check with him.
I have to do something ASAP. I went wheeling once and now my rack is fried. I went out of town this weekend to Dallas (I’m in SA area) came out in the morning rack completely locked up. I was able to free it up and make it home but I need to address this issue ASAP. I’m on 37 so that 2.0 is screaming.
I don’t mind wrenching I’ve done all the work so far myself lift ect. I fix all my cars so that’s not a problem. I would love there 74 rack but that price tag is steep.
Dang, sorry to hear that. I'm wondering if your (plastic) HOSS 2.0 steering rack bushing is messed up?

I put the original order in on 74Weld's website on a Monday. Called and talked to sales first (you should do this too...), got the OnX code, then had some problems with the website.

Tiffany and Quinn helped me get it straightened out, shipped late Tuesday. I had it the following Tuesday (DFW) by 2pm. Ford may be able to get an HD rack in by that Thursday, if they have it in the regional warehouse (SA this is probably true). Depending then, you might be able to get the HD rack from Ford by this weekend if you pickup from a dealer.

Either way, it's a good upgrade, just consider if you're going 74Weld eventually, it's worth looking at TCO for 74Weld's rack and they will get it to you.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks