Sponsored

How did you get your private offer certificate number???

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dealer just called and let me know that my private offer is now showing. They had to escalate it to the GM who then called Ford to sort it out.

What a major pain in the butt to get this applied. I’m sure it’s on purpose
Sponsored

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer just called and let me know that my private offer is now showing. They had to escalate it to the GM who then called Ford to sort it out.

Great news, how long have waited for it? I just talked to my dealer and he said they still haven’t heard from Ford rep, mines delivered and I been trying to get certificate since 1/16/23. dealer just said we can go ahead do the deal and when they find out the amount and receive from Ford they would mail it to me. I told him I am not doing the deal until I have the amount and assurance that I will be refunded. I would like it to be deducted from my loan. I’m with you I think they think everybody or at least some will just forgo it. What a joke!

bstirewalt

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, got my "scheduled for production" email and VIN. Production week isn't until March 27th, so I figured I'd start working on getting my private offer certificate number. Had my salesman check with the sales manager who claimed that there is no price protection certificate in the system for me. According to Ford's own website, I should qualify for a $2595 private offer. Placed an order for a four door outer banks on 12/8/21. Converted that order on 9/26/22 to a Heritage Edition. Spoke to Ford customer service a few months back and was told to call back once I had a VIN and that they would give me my certificate number. Called customer service today and they now tell me that they can't see anything and that it's the dealer's job to do the research and generate the certificate, at which time, Ford will be able to see it in the system. So, basically......."No one knows nothin'." Why did I ever think this was going to go smoothly? Who has received their private offer certificate number and how did you get it?
I just ran this race a week ago. Ford Dealers have a system called "Smart Vincent" that will show all incentives/rebates/private offers for a particular customer order / VIN. Dealer told me I had to have a certificate - so i called Ford Customer Support. They said the Private Offer (for doing the COVP and changing from 2022 to 2023 last September) would be pulled by the dealer when the purchase process was done. Sure enough... I DID NOT need a certificate, in fact the Ford Customer Service said they didn't know anything about that. Dealer pulled up the Smart Vincent report, and in my case the $2300-ish private offer was applied to my purchase.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Great news, how long have waited for it? I just talked to my dealer and he said they still haven’t heard from Ford rep, mines delivered and I been trying to get certificate since 1/16/23. dealer just said we can go ahead do the deal and when they find out the amount and receive from Ford they would mail it to me. I told him I am not doing the deal until I have the amount and assurance that I will be refunded. I would like it to be deducted from my loan. I’m with you I think they think everybody or at least some will just forgo it. What a joke!
I inquired about the protection last Friday and today it got applied. So about a week. But I was on their ass calling like twice a day and visiting the dealer everyday after work. I assume they got tired of it and got it done. My car arrived a few days ago so I made sure they were on it. I wasn’t going to sign until it was applied. I didn’t want to pay sales tax on and finance that extra amount.

Sweetair

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SHO, 03 Marauder, '69 S Code XR7 vert Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had to call Ford support. Open a claim. BOOM. Had a number within the next 2 days.

Sponsored

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This might have been covered and I missed it. Given the current environment, what happens if I decide to buy one off another dealer lot? I'm unscheduled/clean but with a Wildtrac I'm looking at all options. Do I still have any price protection? Looking for the same configuration. Guessing not

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

My sales manager did admit that Ford wants you to work for the discount. I'm sure there is a good percentage of people that aren't active on the boards or on any boards at all. And dealers provide zero information. I'm sure there are uninformed people out there that don't even know about the private offers. I'm only about 10 days in, trying to get my certificate issued. My production week just got pushed back to the week of April 3rd, so my Bronco won't arrive till sometime in May. So I've got three months to harass the dealership until they get it done.

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you all for the replies, I have emailed and called daily both Ford and my dealer to no avail. I can’t go to dealership it’s 3 hours away.Just got an email from the Ford executive offices , she said she would call me tomorrow that she would be my liaison with Ford to look into my price protection. I‘ve emailed every Ford person I could find email for. Someone on 6g provided them. Hopefully she can get it done.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My sales manager did admit that Ford wants you to work for the discount. I'm sure there is a good percentage of people that aren't active on the boards or on any boards at all. And dealers provide zero information. I'm sure there are uninformed people out there that don't even know about the private offers. I'm only about 10 days in, trying to get my certificate issued. My production week just got pushed back to the week of April 3rd, so my Bronco won't arrive till sometime in May. So I've got three months to harass the dealership until they get it done.
That’s been one of the big benefits of Granger. They are great to work with. This will be my second delivery in 2 years from them. The first was a Sport to hold me over from my October reservation. Even with that, while others were having issues with their dealers, Granger was upfront, transparent and just great to work with.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you all for the replies, I have emailed and called daily both Ford and my dealer to no avail. I can’t go to dealership it’s 3 hours away.Just got an email from the Ford executive offices , she said she would call me tomorrow that she would be my liaison with Ford to look into my price protection. I‘ve emailed every Ford person I could find email for. Someone on 6g provided them. Hopefully she can get it done.
Forums like these allow us not to be treated like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed BS.

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forums like these allow us not to be treated like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed BS.
yes, without this forum I would have been totally lost. And most likely already walked.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This might have been covered and I missed it. Given the current environment, what happens if I decide to buy one off another dealer lot? I'm unscheduled/clean but with a Wildtrac I'm looking at all options. Do I still have any price protection? Looking for the same configuration. Guessing not
Your price protection rebate can be applied to any new Bronco purchase.

The $2500 cancelation rebate can be used on any new Bronco purchase

It is assumed that you can't stack these two rebates on any other Bronco purchase but your actual order.

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got mine a week ago by calling 800-334-4375 to get a status update, and it was offered to me. She also said that the certificate expires in April, which makes me nervous with the shipping delays.

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m sure it’s on purpose
It is 100% ON PURPOSE. The only thing I can tell you is DO NOT SETTLE. If they owe you price protection, STAND YOUR GOUND! DO NOT CLOSE YOUR DEAL WITHOUT IT! They WILL relent. Call and call and call if you have to.

It's a slimy mess they have created, but it is by design. They want the people that will give up to give up.
Sponsored