Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine wouldn’t go faster than 101. Even tried downhill.
No need to go that fast anyway....bet is crawls better than any sportscar! Also, I wonder if the sway bar disconnect gains any additional stress at high speed? Just a thought...
Sponsored

OP
OP
baozebub

baozebub

Black Diamond
First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I practically piss my pants in my Wrangler above 80. Cannot imagine doing 100 in anything built the shape of a loaf of bread and sitting high on a bouncy suspension.
My thoughts exactly.

Agree about 80 in a Wrangler. Scary as shit to be passing a semi in the rain.

But the point of my post was what I’d have to do to get the Bronco above 100. Speed limiter for sure. Low profile tires and big wheels. Suspension mods, etc.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
95 is the cruising speed out here. Squatched Badlands has no issues with sustaining that for hours. I recall doing about 2400 rpms at that speed (probably closer to 2500 but the tach was reading 2.4). Not bad for the 4.70 gearing. As far as handling goes, these are wide open and well maintained highways in Nevada and I had zero concerns at those speeds. Smooth, tracks well, no drifting etc. I'd say as good as my 4Runner but nothing like the wife's Audi of course.

Last edited:

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lifted gwagen takes a lot of concentration above 85mph. Very top heavy and need to be real smooth with steering input.

Badlands Sasquatch handles great up to the limiter. 90mph is a non-event. Very easy to find yourself driving that fast on the interstates.

Just because I like to drive slow over rocks doesn't mean I don't like to drive as fast as possible. I enjoy most motorsports...

ETA: cruise control stops at 101mph, IIRC.

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lifted gwagen takes a lot of concentration above 85mph. Very top heavy and need to be real smooth with steering input.

Badlands Sasquatch handles great up to the limiter. 90mph is a non-event. Very easy to find yourself driving that fast on the interstates.

Just because I like to drive slow over rocks doesn't mean I don't like to drive as fast as possible. I enjoy most motorsports...

ETA: cruise control stops at 101mph, IIRC.
lifted gwagen also probably still uses sfa, ya mean the square models right?

Real limiting factor is the cops, they ruin all the damn fun

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lifted gwagen also probably still uses sfa, ya mean the square models right?

Real limiting factor is the cops, they ruin all the damn fun
Yep, I had a 2010 G550 with SFA. 40mm spring spacers and 33.5" tires.
It was an event to drive at posted speeds. The Bronco is a sports SUV in comparison.
I'm certain I'll get a ticket in the Bronco; it begs you to drive faster and hides speed really well.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I had a 2010 G550 with SFA. 40mm spring spacers and 33.5" tires.
It was an event to drive at posted speeds. The Bronco is a sports SUV in comparison.
I'm certain I'll get a ticket in the Bronco; it begs you to drive faster and hides speed really well.
I got 13 and half thousand miles on my girl, drove down to Florida and back (1k miles to/from) and added sports mode

only thing keeping me from going past 80 is the points and 5-O, otherwise on days with the windows and doors on, I’d be hitting the gov without care

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
People drive real fast where I live- 20-30 MPH above the speed limit- sometimes more. I don't, I drive usually 5-10 over and often get tail gated, etc.

Sometimes you need to drive faster to pass someone going really slow, then get over and get out of the way of a super speedster. I had to pass someone once going 50 in a 55 in my previous Silverado. I had to push the truck to 100 to just match the speed of other vehicles briefly in the other lane, then get back over as fast as possible. The truck stuttered at 100, I met the speed limiter I guess. So it would be good to know on the Bronco for rare situations like this.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got 13 and half thousand miles on my girl, drove down to Florida and back (1k miles to/from) and added sports mode

only thing keeping me from going past 80 is the points and 5-O, otherwise on days with the windows and doors on, I’d be hitting the gov without care
I have about 8,500 miles. Made 3 round trips, NY to NC (600 miles one way), and also enabled sport mode on my Badlands!
I use the cruise control to avoid unintentional excessive speed and the tickets that surely follow... :)

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Limited to 163 km/h in Canada, although I did see it touch 164 once. Obviously capable of going quite a bit faster without the factory speed limiter.

usbplug

Base
First Name
Keegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't understand how some of you folks are going 90+ mph casually, at that speed my Bronco feels like it's 2 seconds away from flipping 90 times or flying into the atmosphere and exploding. I guess 2dr vs 4dr with a longer wheel base helps as well as larger, planted tires.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't understand how some of you folks are going 90+ mph casually, at that speed my Bronco feels like it's 2 seconds away from flipping 90 times or flying into the atmosphere and exploding. I guess 2dr vs 4dr with a longer wheel base helps as well as larger, planted tires.
Must be something wrong with your Bronco then because mine feels rock solid at speed.
Sponsored