Sponsored

How is MIC 2.0 production going for MY22 builds?

ccoday

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 / Nissan Murano / BMW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have any of you heard how MIC 2.0 production is going for the 22my builds?
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not that I could find. Was asking same in another thread. The forum member PremierDrum (spl) who used to provide some insider hardtop info, I haven't seen posts from him on that lately. The hardtop is such a key constraint item for 2-doors, I'd like to know more solid info on how well Ford is churning out the tops.

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As an aside....I'm sitting here watching a Mecum auction on TV and a 2021 four door hardtop just rolled across the block. I was struck by how noticeably lighter in color the middle section of the top was compared to the front and rear sections. It was very obvious since they had a camera above the Bronco.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is ironic that the top constraint has somehow been brushed under the rug now and even on this forum, where we gripe about everything, it's been nothing but crickets.

Last edited:

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Isn't Webesto supposed to have another production facility come on line this quarter?

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It is ironic that the top constraint has somehow been brushed under the rug now and even on thus forum, where we gripe about everything, it's been nothing but crickets.
everyone including Ford has given up on it until the new plant comes on line. Where the daily output stands seems to still be a moving target.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wtg for mic 3.0 or modular top to become available so I can replace my unsatisfactory mic 2.0

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
everyone including Ford has given up on it until the new plant comes on line. Where the daily output stands seems to still be a moving target.
You are probably correct on this. Dealer just told me about 15% of Bronco production is 2-Door. MIC top is the hold up.

If Webesto brings a new plant on line, what will make it better? Newer machines to make the Top? Changes to the Top? Better Quality Control?

Can't believe its this difficult to make a MIC Top. Its nothing new. Its not high Tech.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think that's probably the number 1 delay with 2 doors and why there aren't more on the road. For some reason it seems like the 4 door hard tops get made quicker than the 2 doors.
Ford hasn't really said anything at all since the announcement of mic 2.0.
Anyone guess how top production/supplying works in their situation? as in, whose MIC top will get made sooner, a new order, or a 2.0 replacement? this is probably causing a bottleneck of 2 door hard tops

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did a quick web search, and most of the mentions of a new Webasto plant coming online to produced hardtops, are from mid-2021. I did not find much solid lately, in terms of how that plant is progressing, and when it will come online, or actually produce tops in any significant amount.

The most recent reference I found, was this post from last month, indicating the possibility that hiring was taking place, maybe for the new plant:
https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/hiring-for-new-webasto-plant-linkedin.8323/

It kind of bites having to read tea leaves about hardtops. It's such a key concern, especially for 2-door persons waiting for a Bronco. Would be nice to have more solid data surrounding it.

Sponsored

Denny Swift

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 Spyder, 992 GTS, Citroen 2CV, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My local dealer told me that the 5 most recent builds that just went to production all have MIC tops. He’s optimistic that, that “means something good.” But who knows…

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its going so good that I switched to a soft top. Going to get the Patriot Fastback or ADV aftermarket.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was just looking at the hardtop in my cheap, admiring how well it was built. The MIC will never match that kind of quality. The MOD I think is going to be the key to all this but that is not until 2023 (And I be surprised even then)
Sponsored