First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac srx4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone have a real dollar value ,on 2023 4 door broncos ,on the difference average Msrp to dealer actual invoice they pay . Mine is finally here after re order #2 ,and dealer was gracious enough to give me the Friday through Sunday test drive .I want it ,they gave me the number I had in mind for my 21 jeep in trade ,title in hand .The kicker is msrp jumped from September 22 to now of just about 4grand ,as we all pretty much know . Trying to get em ton"split difference " if not back to signed order sheet .Then I will give them my private offer voucher ...not before ..lol...
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why split the difference? You are due all the price increases that have occured since you placed your order for a MY23 until it is delivered. It is termed retail price protection and is standard procedure to deduct these price increases. This is separate from the model year transition private offer rebate that you referred to.

Best educate yourself.

Edit. To answer your question about what is termed dealer invoice, even though it has zero bearing on your situation, for a Bronco multiply the MSRP by 0.96 and that will get you close. The dealer then has additional holdback in that invoice number. This is how some dealers were able to discount Broncos 1k and even 2k below invoice and still be profitable.

Last edited:

Whisky&Rocks

Badlands
First Name
Page
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer invoice is typically 3.5% lower than MSRP.

OP
OP

Area51Ma

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac srx4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why split the difference? You are due all the price increases that have occured since you placed your order for a MY23 until it is delivered. It is termed retail price protection and is standard procedure to deduct these price increases. This is separate from the model year transition private offer rebate that you referred to.

Best educate yourself.

Edit. And to calculate what is termed as dealer invoice, for a Bronco multiply the MSRP by 0.96 and that will get you close. The dealer then has additional holdback in that invoice number. This is how some dealers were able to discount Broncos 1k and even 2k below invoice and still be profitable.
That's the best explanation I have heard on this subject tyvm... gives me ammunition

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go to the JD Power website. You can get the invoice price there.

Sponsored

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the ford holdback is 3%

Haustkraft

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2023 Badlands, 4 door, Sasquatch, High package, 64k msrp = invoice $58,800….

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to clarify, invoice pricing is irrelevant to your situation. You should be paying the price that is shown on your MY23 order preview sheet (DORA) minus your rebate. Your negotiating starting point is not what is shown on your window sticker. Really, you shouldn't even be negotiating, an honest and good dealer will typically honor retail price protection without question.

So, holdback and invoice are terms not needed in the conversation to be had with your dealer and will only confuse the situation. Retail Price Protection is the only term that matters.

Sponsored

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The holdback is not related to the invoice price.
I know. I thought the OP was trying to figure out leverage for negotiation. What i was pointing out is even if you get a vehicle at "invoice", the dealer still gets their holdback...3% for Ford. I've used that knowledge several times in negotiating a great deal. I didn't mean to create confusion for anyone.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

2023 Badlands, 4 door, Sasquatch, High package, 64k msrp = invoice $58,800….
That's too low for invoice. Something else is going on there.

OP
OP

Area51Ma

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac srx4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know. I thought the OP was trying to figure out leverage for negotiation. What i was pointing out is even if you get a vehicle at "invoice", the dealer still gets their holdback...3% for Ford. I've used that knowledge several times in negotiating a great deal. I didn't mean to create confusion for anyone.
I knew what you were getting at ... dealer hit me up 2 hours ago... intold him my parameters . Seems he's now sweating it .. told em price on new msrp and signed order sheets are my hold up...see how it plays
Sponsored