NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wanted to report back that ultimately, after waiting for them to finally return to inventory, I have ordered a set of 5 RTR Evo 6s, in Satin Black, 17x9 00mm offset.

I will be removing the OE SAS wheels, removing the TPMS sensors, and transplanting those, along with the 37s to the RTRs. I will also be removing my 1.4" spacers. By my calculations on "WillTheyFit" I am anticipating very little difference in poke from current, combined with a very small amount of shift inboard.

The 35.5lb wheels, combined with the weight of the spacers (perhaps an additional 2.5lbs per), should net me an average weight savings of somewhere in the range of about 14lbs. per wheel.

Which is amazing!

Thanks to everyone who made great suggestions and asked helpful questions on this thread!
Sponsored

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wanted to report back that ultimately, after waiting for them to finally return to inventory, I have ordered a set of 5 RTR Evo 6s, in Satin Black, 17x9 00mm offset.

I will be removing the OE SAS wheels, removing the TPMS sensors, and transplanting those, along with the 37s to the RTRs. I will also be removing my 1.4" spacers. By my calculations on "WillTheyFit" I am anticipating very little difference in poke from current, combined with a very small amount of shift inboard.

The 35.5lb wheels, combined with the weight of the spacers (perhaps an additional 2.5lbs per), should net me an average weight savings of somewhere in the range of about 14lbs. per wheel.

Which is amazing!

Thanks to everyone who made great suggestions and asked helpful questions on this thread!
So after doing this, how has your MPG and the general feel been affects? This is an extremely simular thing I am looking at, love the sas wheels, but not the weight

MichaelCar001

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looking for a concise opinion- I have WT SAS wheels. I like the looks.

But having gone up to 37s I can feel the weight a bit. I’m evaluating the possibility of new wheels to save some weight.

Searching the forum it looks like the OEs weigh in about 35#.

if anyone knows their actual offset that would be helpful as well- again searching the forum I think it’s 30mm, but I’m interested in clarification.

Forum searches also seem to show the RTR wheels might be lighter- looks good too- but can anyone confirm?

I’m definitely interested in other ideas!

TYIA.
Many aftermarket alloy wheels are made to be lighter than the standard factory wheels. For example, aluminum alloy wheels can be much lighter. Brands like RTR and others use advanced materials to cut down on weight without losing strength.

OP
OP
NJNMDoc

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So after doing this, how has your MPG and the general feel been affects? This is an extremely simular thing I am looking at, love the sas wheels, but not the weight
Happy to report the ride is cushy on the 37/17s. I think the extra sidewall height is an advantage. Handling is not compromised. MPG is hard to calculate due to the significant discrepancy in tire sizes. It’s very reasonable overall and largely unchanged to my eye. Acceleration is unchanged.

Waters warm, go for it!

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would think that by keeping the stock Sas Goodyears and going with a lighter weight wheel (with the same stock offset) would increase both performance and gas mileage. I have no complaints with the Sas wheels and tires although any gains in performance or MPG are for sure worth considering if lighter wheels provides it. Even 1 MPG helps with the brick in the wind. (I average 22.6 although 23.6 would be nice). I may consider new lighter weight wheels if this is the case. Has anyone confirmed this?

OP
OP
NJNMDoc

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would think that by keeping the stock Sas Goodyears and going with a lighter weight wheel (with the same stock offset) would increase both performance and gas mileage. I have no complaints with the Sas wheels and tires although any gains in performance or MPG are for sure worth considering if lighter wheels provides it. Even 1 MPG helps with the brick in the wind. (I average 22.6 although 23.6 would be nice). I may consider new lighter weight wheels if this is the case. Has anyone confirmed this?
Ya for sure if that’s your concern (MPG). The sad tires are 1ply and weigh nothing. Stick with that. I was going big meats, so I’d already threw in the towel a bit on weight. I ended up splitting the difference on the weight inside the range of what was available in 37s. AT3W does that well. Good luck!
Sponsored