Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know several of us are running the Icon Bronco UCAs. There are a few peculiarities about these UCAs that are not documented anywhere or are documented incorrectly. Hopefully posting here will save somebody some headache.

Background
The Delta Joint is Icon’s high angle ball joint. The DJ PRO version is the new and updated version which is larger, stronger and has a wider angle of motion. This version is slowly making it onto their other products and isn’t as well documented on their website or YouTube channel.

Maintenance
You should grease the ball joint once per oil change or once every 5,000 miles with a high quality moly grease. The standard DJ is fairly easy to grease and if you watch the videos or read the manuals, the old grease is expelled from the bottom of the joint.

The DJ Pro is different. The bottom is sealed so you won’t see any grease come out. Over time the old grease slowly makes it out (you can wipe it) so all you need to do is top it off with your grease gun.

Also, the DJ Pro comes with a flush zerk fitting. You can buy a $60 needle adapter from Icon to service it, or you can just slap on a regular zerk fitting (and optionally a dust cap). The size of the fitting is 1/4-28, and not 6mm which is the standard DJ fitting.

Some images below:

DJ Pro with flush zerk fitting. Prone to collecting dust in the cavity. There’s an Icon dust cap that sits on top of you are into that.

Ford Bronco How to grease Icon’s Delta Joint PRO IMG_0285

Replaced with 1/4-28 standard fitting and off the shelf dust cap just for fun.

Ford Bronco How to grease Icon’s Delta Joint PRO IMG_0307

Ford Bronco How to grease Icon’s Delta Joint PRO IMG_0308
Sponsored

Brostango

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F150 Crew, 2016 ATS Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the post.
Are the standard fitting working better for you? I too have the Delta Pros and struggle to move grease through the ball joints with the flush zerk fittings.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

if only they offered this joint in the tie rod ends...I've asked this but hasn't happened yet.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know several of us are running the Icon Bronco UCAs. There are a few peculiarities about these UCAs that are not documented anywhere or are documented incorrectly. Hopefully posting here will save somebody some headache.

Background
The Delta Joint is Icon’s high angle ball joint. The DJ PRO version is the new and updated version which is larger, stronger and has a wider angle of motion. This version is slowly making it onto their other products and isn’t as well documented on their website or YouTube channel.

Maintenance
You should grease the ball joint once per oil change or once every 5,000 miles with a high quality moly grease. The standard DJ is fairly easy to grease and if you watch the videos or read the manuals, the old grease is expelled from the bottom of the joint.

The DJ Pro is different. The bottom is sealed so you won’t see any grease come out. Over time the old grease slowly makes it out (you can wipe it) so all you need to do is top it off with your grease gun.

Also, the DJ Pro comes with a flush zerk fitting. You can buy a $60 needle adapter from Icon to service it, or you can just slap on a regular zerk fitting (and optionally a dust cap). The size of the fitting is 1/4-28, and not 6mm which is the standard DJ fitting.

Some images below:

DJ Pro with flush zerk fitting. Prone to collecting dust in the cavity. There’s an Icon dust cap that sits on top of you are into that.

Replaced with 1/4-28 standard fitting and off the shelf dust cap just for fun.

Off topic don’t forget to let me know when you guys are free for lunch or dinner 😄

OP
OP
Dimitar

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the post.
Are the standard fitting working better for you? I too have the Delta Pros and struggle to move grease through the ball joints with the flush zerk fittings.
It’s almost impossible (maybe if you drop $60 for their adapter). Standard fitting works much better, just pump a little, it won’t come out the bottom.

Brostango

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F150 Crew, 2016 ATS Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok good to know. I have the needle adaptor but was expecting the grease to squeeze out the bottom like play doh. Do you see any problem in the future not running the dust cap?
Sponsored