Sponsored

How to tell who's the bigger dealer for ordering?

J.Spicoli

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm getting ready to place an order and curious how to decide which dealer to go with in order to get it the quickest. I've narrowed it down to several dealers who are offering basically the same deal and where I feel the folks have been upfront and nice to deal with, so it basically comes down to who can get it the quickest. Unless I've misunderstood something somewhere larger dealers get more allocation, so how can I find out who is the larger dealer with the most allocation?
Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You could ask each dealer how many allocations they have. They may or may not be forthcoming. Or you can ask how many orders they’ve gotten in a curious way, and do some deductive reasoning on where you may stand in line once you order. But only they can tell you how many allocations/orders they have.

JBTHERAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Highlander, ‘15 Taurus, ‘18 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Get a signed purchase agreement w/ no Admin fees or market adjustment fees.

Sponsored

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealers advertising discounts on Bronco orders are likely to have a huge number of orders and no where near the allocation to fulfill them in the near future. Find a competitive price, but don’t key on the least expensive IMO. I work for a Ford dealer. Chances are, you will not be given any information regarding the exact allocation that a dealer has been awarded because they likely do not know yet. Dealer earns additional allocation over the course of the MY so the number is frequently changing.

OP
OP
J.Spicoli

J.Spicoli

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could ask each dealer how many allocations they have. They may or may not be forthcoming. Or you can ask how many orders they’ve gotten in a curious way, and do some deductive reasoning on where you may stand in line once you order. But only they can tell you how many allocations/orders they have.
I have done this and take it all with a grain of salt, and will revisit before ordering as well.

Get a signed purchase agreement w/ no Admin fees or market adjustment fees.
For sure!!!

I don't think it matters anymore. It's a total sh!t show.
Agreed. I've been following and it's certainly odd.

Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure I covered my bases. I know I'll be lucky to see it anytime in the next year anyway as I'm wanting all the options that seem to be constrained at the moment.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

High volume dealers (and therefore high allocation numbers) tend to be pretty proud of their status and will likely have something posted on their website. I was at a "#1 in the NW" dealer and made the first round of allocations.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I'm getting ready to place an order and curious how to decide which dealer to go with in order to get it the quickest. I've narrowed it down to several dealers who are offering basically the same deal and where I feel the folks have been upfront and nice to deal with, so it basically comes down to who can get it the quickest. Unless I've misunderstood something somewhere larger dealers get more allocation, so how can I find out who is the larger dealer with the most allocation?
If they aren't charging a deposit (many dealers aren't) I would put in a few orders at different dealers, buy whichever one comes in first.

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At this point, I doubt it matters who, where, what, or why you order. You’re in for a wait. Welcome.

Last edited:

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered from my local small-town dealer to support my local small-town economy. So I’ll probably never get my Bronco. Thanks Ford!

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ordered mine from the local high volume dealer who had 4 dealer stock bases on the lot with tons of ADM. No money down and a piece of paper showing MSRP with no ADM. If they do add ADM I will walk but you never know, I may just get a deal.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Another question....how many units do dealers have to sell monthly to be a "high volume" dealer?
Sponsored