Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello!

I would love to throw a lift and 37’s on my Badlands Sasquatch after my factory tires wear out and need replacing. I’m really new to off-roading, so, I'm learning more about how suspensions and steering work. Given all of the posts about failed tie-rods and CV’s, I wanted to start planning on what suspension upgrades would be needed to support the 37s and lift (height tbd).

I would really appreciate any recommendations on what parts to upgrade, what are your favorite aftermarket parts for lifts and why, as well as lessons learned.

Help a rookie out!

Thanks!

Part NameAftermarket RecommendationsNotes
Upper Control Arm
Lower Control Arm
Knuckle
Tie Rods and Tie Rod Reinforcement
Axel with CVhttps://www.rcvperformance.com/ultimate-ifs-cv-axles-for-ford-bronco-with-m220-differential.htmlHelps with increased angles
Coil Over
Diff Drop

References:
Parts Diagram: https://parts.lakelandford.com/a/Fo...n-components-Upper-control-arm/T128070.html#3
Suspension Overview: https://jalopnik.com/an-extremely-detailed-look-into-the-ford-broncos-engine-1844389830
Suspension Overview 2: https://www.autoblog.com/2021/11/03/ford-bronco-suspension-deep-dive/
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is your intended use and budget? Your list of items could easily hit $10k or more.

OP
OP
rllw

rllw

Badlands
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is your intended use and budget? Your list of items could easily hit $10k or more.
Well, let me start by saying I dont need any of this: The stock badlands Sasquatch greatly exceeds my skills.

I primary do some smaller rock crawling, and general offroading on trails in Colorado.

Yes, I understand the budget is going to be large, but, really just want to understand what I need to do in order to not fall victim to the issues people have been seeing when throwing on 37s.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
By the time the original tires wear out there will be completely different parts available and a lot of the early stuff will be long gone failed, updated or end of life. Stick with what you got, factory engineered and supported Sasquatch, 35s are just fine and you have the model with all the extra off road goodies so you’re good, be content.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, let me start by saying I dont need any of this: The stock badlands Sasquatch greatly exceeds my skills.

I primary do some smaller rock crawling, and general offroading on trails in Colorado.

Yes, I understand the budget is going to be large, but, really just want to understand what I need to do in order to not fall victim to the issues people have been seeing when throwing on 37s.
If it were me I would keep the stock suspension and go with an inexpensive 2" perch collar lift to comfortably fit the 37s then dedicate the rest of my budget upgrading the known weak points up front...tie rods and steering rack.

Sponsored

Myke98

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds like the CV axles you listed are having some issues and are on hold at the moment.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think people should aspire to build a wheeling rig much like the Jeep concept for Moab six or eight years back. It was called "Lower 40". (google it) Many people think they need to go higher and higher but that's not necessarily the case. Keeping the stock SAS suspension will be more successful for durability and geometry. I'm doing what you intend to do but all I'm adding is the 1.5" body lift to add clearance for the 37"s. This is SO MUCH cheaper as well. Some like to post about big lifts and rising street cred which is fine as they do what they want as well. You do you my friend. But rolling 37's doesn't need to be expensive and ruin geometry.
Sponsored