Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Finally gonna join the waitlist and put an order in August. I fully expect to it to take over a year, so ill patiently wait. Heres what I plan to order.

Badlands
2.3 manual
Soft top
High package
Optional beadlocks
Non Sas

As far as i can tell, the only real constraint is the Badlands because of front locker maybe? I dont see much about optional wheels or high package being a constraint. This is actually the build i really want with no compromise.
Sponsored

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco 2.3l Mid Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you not want a hard top ever?

my only suggestion would be if you think you’ll get one down the road, order it from the jump.
they are delivering plenty of hard tops and it’ll be way harder to get after the fact.

that’s my only regret with my purchase, I thought I’d just get it after and who knows when that will even be possible or how much it’ll cost.

OP
OP
AuldBronco

AuldBronco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Im kinda up in the air about it. I dont think id mind the soft top at all, but i do realize its gonna be a fortune for hardtop after market. And i drive big dumptrucks for a living. Noise isnt really an issue for me in the cab, lol!

Stitchxp626

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 2006
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd skip the bead lock wheels, get the steelies and buy after-maket wheels of your choice - the bead-locks (I thought they required Sasquatch?) appear to be a constraint item as well...

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d recommend getting whatever you want, damn the constraints. No one can predict what will be constrained a month or a year from now, so why try. The 2.3L engine plant might burn down next week…..

I waited 318 days for a vehicle with nearly all the constraints except the tow package. Perhaps I was lucky. Get what you want to get and hope for the best.

Sponsored

Monho

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd skip the bead lock wheels, get the steelies and buy after-maket wheels of your choice - the bead-locks (I thought they required Sasquatch?) appear to be a constraint item as well...
Badlands trim has the option to upgrade to a beadlock capable wheel without the Sasquatch package. They look pretty sweet imo.

OP
OP
AuldBronco

AuldBronco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Badlands trim has the option to upgrade to a beadlock capable wheel without the Sasquatch package. They look pretty sweet imo.
Thats what i think im going with. I dont have a need for the sasquatch and they definitely look much better than the stock badlands rims.

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats what i think im going with. I dont have a need for the sasquatch and they definitely look much better than the stock badlands rims.
I wish I would have spent the couple extra bucks for them they do look good.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only problem with the optional Badlands wheels is that they are still the 55 offset vs the 30 offset for the Sasquatch wheels which may limit your tire sizes (though I have seen the Sasquatch sized tires put on 55 offset wheels). I think you would be better off not getting the optional wheels and if you want the factory bead locks I would find a set of Squatch pull-offs (plenty of them listed on here without tires for less than $1000) then you could sell the stock Badlands rims to recover the majority (if not all) of the cost.

OP
OP
AuldBronco

AuldBronco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Only problem with the optional Badlands wheels is that they are still the 55 offset vs the 30 offset for the Sasquatch wheels which may limit your tire sizes (though I have seen the Sasquatch sized tires put on 55 offset wheels). I think you would be better off not getting the optional wheels and if you want the factory bead locks I would find a set of Squatch pull-offs (plenty of them listed on here without tires for less than $1000) then you could sell the stock Badlands rims to recover the majority (if not all) of the cost.
Good point. But not even sure i want 35s at all.
Sponsored