Sponsored

I got a delivery date (but it's not from who you think)

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While my wait hasn’t been nearly long as some/most of you, it’s the uncertainty that I don’t want to deal with anymore because I have a lease ending in the next 5 months (I started car shopping the month after I got into this car…that’s just how I roll). I was on Team Bronco because it was cool and I wanted something different, not because I’m an off-roady or outdoorsy guy…I’m not. The Bronco caught my eye and tugged my heartstrings. Now perhaps because I have access to way too much information through this wonderful community, I am not liking what I see out of Ford.

What’s next for me? A Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus, blue with black interior. Yes this is a totally different beast than a Bronco, but it’s still different enough from my BMW. Truth be told, I’m a car guy all along. Coming from BMWs and Mercedes, I can easily say that the Model 3 is an amazing car and drives extremely well…to me, and that’s all I care about. I test drove one twice this past weekend and placed an order on August 8.

Ya know what happened this morning, 48 hours later? I logged in to my Tesla account and saw an estimated delivery date (mid October to early November)…what!!!! Yes, it’s going to change between now and then, but two days after ordering I have some actual information from the car company. I may actually delay delivery so that it comes in December and there’s not too much overlap with my BMW, but I was floored when I logged into my Tesla account and saw that. Say what you will about Tesla, but they seem to be handling this global supply chain issue better than others.

Anyway, I’ll probably still be lurking here to see what’s going on…but for now I think my Bronco journey is nearing its’ end.
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

While my wait hasn’t been nearly long as some/most of you, it’s the uncertainty that I don’t want to deal with anymore because I have a lease ending in the next 5 months (I started car shopping the month after I got into this car…that’s just how I roll). I was on Team Bronco because it was cool and I wanted something different, not because I’m an off-roady or outdoorsy guy…I’m not. The Bronco caught my eye and tugged my heartstrings. Now perhaps because I have access to way too much information through this wonderful community, I am not liking what I see out of Ford.

What’s next for me? A Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus, blue with black interior. Yes this is a totally different beast than a Bronco, but it’s still different enough from my BMW. Truth be told, I’m a car guy all along. Coming from BMWs and Mercedes, I can easily say that the Model 3 is an amazing car and drives extremely well…to me, and that’s all I care about. I test drove one twice this past weekend and placed an order on August 8.

Ya know what happened this morning, 48 hours later? I logged in to my Tesla account and saw an estimated delivery date (mid October to early November)…what!!!! Yes, it’s going to change between now and then, but two days after ordering I have some actual information from the car company. I may actually delay delivery so that it comes in December and there’s not too much overlap with my BMW, but I was floored when I logged into my Tesla account and saw that. Say what you will about Tesla, but they seem to be handling this global supply chain issue better than others.

Anyway, I’ll probably still be lurking here to see what’s going on…but for now I think my Bronco journey is nearing its’ end.
That's all fine and dandy that you have an estimated delivery date. But at the end of the day you are still getting a Tesla 🤮

Kmonty

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Husband’s vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I asked my husband if I didn’t like the bronco if I could get a Tesla. He hates Tesla, but the features seem pretty nice. I had a wrangler and LOVED driving it around. I’m hoping I’ll get the same happy feeling with the bronco (he’s a ford guy and talked me into it, and I like the features so I agreed). He agreed that if I didn’t like it I could sell it and get whatever I wanted.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bye

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The funny thing is if I didn’t get my Bronco, a Tesla was next on my list. I know, I know, very different vehicles.

That being said, I am very intrigued by EV vehicles and the technology in them as well. Don’t get me wrong, I 100% want my Bronco, but a Tesla would be 2nd in line.

I even tried a Wrangler 4xe as that’d be the “best of both worlds” but I didn’t like it at all. It’ll be interesting to see where EV’s head over the next few years; I think we’ll see more and more of these larger vehicles convert (fully or partially) to EV.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MorgansRun

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I asked my husband if I didn’t like the bronco if I could get a Tesla. He hates Tesla, but the features seem pretty nice. I had a wrangler and LOVED driving it around. I’m hoping I’ll get the same happy feeling with the bronco (he’s a ford guy and talked me into it, and I like the features so I agreed). He agreed that if I didn’t like it I could sell it and get whatever I wanted.
Better yet, if you don't like the Bronco tell him to drive it and you get what you want. :p

OP
OP
MorgansRun

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The funny thing is if I didn’t get my Bronco, a Tesla was next on my list. I know, I know, very different vehicles.
I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. Totally different, but that's why we have choices.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those that think the interior of a Bronco looks and feels cheap, wait until you see the inside of a Tesla model 3! :ROFLMAO:

VehiChase

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco (bought 99), 14 Xterra, 89 Daytona
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thats great you are getting what you want - really - but comparing these two is hard to do. As for the quick response from Tesla, it all goes back to variety. Just looking and the Model Three comes in either Standard, Long or Performance ( assuming that's just as many batteries/motors as they cram into a already pre-defined skateboard ). Then on individualism ... a choice of only 5 paint colors, 2 wheels and 2 interior trims. Spending almost 20 years in manufacturing ( 4 of those in Automotive ) ... the more you drive the customer to fewer options.. the quicker you can produce. As you may know.. Ford pioneered that with the Model T.

But no hate here - hope you love the new Model 3 - I have a good friend that just got one and they love it so far!

Kmonty

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Husband’s vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Better yet, if you don't like the Bronco tell him to drive it and you get what you want. :p
He already has ‘74 Challenger, Lincoln MKZ, Harley, and Ford F150... he’s hit his max on things to drive. I just have a Buell (which I still need to learn to ride, but birthing a child last month put that on hold 😂)

Sponsored

Greystone

Base
First Name
D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tesla has better control of its supply chain and is nimble enough to pívot when faced with shortages. Ford has so many other models to contend with. Congratulations on the Tesla though, I hope you enjoy it.

OP
OP
MorgansRun

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those that think the interior of a Bronco looks and feels cheap, wait until you see the inside of a Tesla model 3! :ROFLMAO:
To be fair, it's about the same as my 2018 330i...but the Tesla and BMW definitely loses out to other cars in it's category like a C-class or Genesis G70.

OP
OP
MorgansRun

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thats great you are getting what you want - really - but comparing these two is hard to do. As for the quick response from Tesla, it all goes back to variety. Just looking and the Model Three comes in either Standard, Long or Performance ( assuming that's just as many batteries/motors as they cram into a already pre-defined skateboard ). Then on individualism ... a choice of only 5 paint colors, 2 wheels and 2 interior trims. Spending almost 20 years in manufacturing ( 4 of those in Automotive ) ... the more you drive the customer to fewer options.. the quicker you can produce. As you may know.. Ford pioneered that with the Model T.

But no hate here - hope you love the new Model 3 - I have a good friend that just got one and they love it so far!
Fair point. Plus 'seeing how the donuts are made' by being on here didn't help in any way, shape or form. :LOL:

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I sat in a tesla and dont think the interior felt cheap are you saying you think it feels cheap?

OP
OP
MorgansRun

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tesla has better control of its supply chain and is nimble enough to pívot when faced with shortages. Ford has so many other models to contend with. Congratulations on the Tesla though, I hope you enjoy it.
To be honest, the Tesla will get off-roaded as much as my Bronco would have...which means never.
Sponsored