First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just placed request for a new cyber truck from tesla . It’s the two motor my plan is just the quietest diesel generator in it I can find. Then we will see just how far it will take us. To me the ideal location is up front under the hood, may have to do some custom fab work I do have a fairly nice fab shop to work from. We will work out the details after we take delivery. Now I have two hundred down on two vehicles with about the same chance of getting them in 2022. This will be a fun one to build
Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got all excited thinking we were going to see another Defender thread. Damn.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Figure there is as much chance to get this as my Bronco. The Bronco will be a lot more fun, but I will drop a quiet diesel generator into the cyber, if it won’t fit up front it will go in the bed. Gonna be a fun project

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got all excited thinking we were going to see another Defender thread. Damn.
You got me I had to look up defender. Those don’t look like they have any off road capability. Just an over priced crappy SUV, consumer reports has them listed as the worst on the road, low resell high maintenance

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You got me I had to look up defender. Those don’t look like they have any off road capability. Just an over priced crappy SUV, consumer reports has them listed as the worst on the road, low resell high maintenance
They're extremely capable, extremely competent on the road, and are sold out across the nation. Don't believe everything you hear from CR. I'll give you high maintenance, though.

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a first day Tri-Motor, full self drive Cyber Truck Reservation and a very early (2 AM) 7/14 Bronco 2DR, MT Bronco reservation. Cyber Truck was originally supposed to go into production Spring 2021. Right now I'm starting to wonder which will come first the Bronco or the Tesla?

I'm getting so anxious to get something, I went down and looked at this today:

Ford Bronco No it’s not a bronco but it has promise 1620596654390

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know how the new Defender stacks up against a Defender 90? I know which one wins in the looks department, but capability?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a first day Tri-Motor, full self drive Cyber Truck Reservation and a very early (2 AM) 7/14 Bronco 2DR, MT Bronco reservation. Cyber Truck was originally supposed to go into production Spring 2021. Right now I'm starting to wonder which will come first the Bronco or the Tesla?

Can I be on your christmas shopping list. I'll make do with anything squatched.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm so close to bailing and getting a D110S with the steelies it isn't even funny. Just waiting on that build estimate email.

There's a ton of vids out there for the 110, but not so much for the 90. The 90 doesn't sell very well and there's much less content on it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They really don’t look very off road worthy, are y’all sure about the defenders. I’m used to 35” or bigger tires, driving through the mud, climbing hills, crawling over down trees, with a few water hazards. Really need a vehicle that is off road capable, not just parking lots at shopping centers.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey just read all the information on these defenders, these are not off road vehicles maybe gravel road at best. Way too dressy to be of any actual use other than road riding in. All leather nice carpet heated and cooled seats all power everything. This last 78 Bronco build is all bed liner in the interior, marine vinyl covered seats. 35” mud terrains. So help me understand how a defender is a off road capable vehicle

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey just read all the information on these defenders, these are not off road vehicles maybe gravel road at best. Way too dressy to be of any actual use other than road riding in. All leather nice carpet heated and cooled seats all power everything. This last 78 Bronco build is all bed liner in the interior, marine vinyl covered seats. 35” mud terrains. So help me understand how a defender is a off road capable vehicle
You do know that a car can be capable and nice right? Also the Defender doesn't come with carpet.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They really don’t look very off road worthy, are y’all sure about the defenders. I’m used to 35” or bigger tires, driving through the mud, climbing hills, crawling over down trees, with a few water hazards. Really need a vehicle that is off road capable, not just parking lots at shopping centers.
I think you're spot on with your comments regarding the Bronco / Defender comparison. However, and I'll only speak for myself here, I'm not likely to go too deep or too far off the main road. Snow, mud, unpaved trails, and the beach that's it for me. I went after the Bronco because I love the retro look, the ability to take the doors and roof off and get a MT. Oh, and it's American made and less pretentious than the Defender. I'm buying my Bronco to own for the long haul but I'd only lease a Defender because I don't trust the quality.