Sponsored

I got a delivery date (but it's not from who you think)

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sat in a tesla and dont think the interior felt cheap are you saying you think it feels cheap?
Not all Teslas are the same. Early models had much nicer materials and interiors than the new "budget" models like the model 3 and model Y.
Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

SeE yOu On ThE tRaILs!!!1!!!

Joking aside, I had briefly considered Tesla when I was purchasing my M3 a couple years ago and I have driven a friendā€™s base model 3. Iā€™m glad I went with the M3 for the sound and manual transmission and for tracking the car. Tesla had some power and was interesting whirring in traffic. Model 3 Performance would be interesting to drive and see how it compares.

I know you were looking at the new electric 4 series (is it an M4?). What made you put in a Tesla order instead of BMW?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While my wait hasnā€™t been nearly long as some/most of you, itā€™s the uncertainty that I donā€™t want to deal with anymore because I have a lease ending in the next 5 months (I started car shopping the month after I got into this carā€¦thatā€™s just how I roll). I was on Team Bronco because it was cool and I wanted something different, not because Iā€™m an off-roady or outdoorsy guyā€¦Iā€™m not. The Bronco caught my eye and tugged my heartstrings. Now perhaps because I have access to way too much information through this wonderful community, I am not liking what I see out of Ford.

Whatā€™s next for me? A Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus, blue with black interior. Yes this is a totally different beast than a Bronco, but itā€™s still different enough from my BMW. Truth be told, Iā€™m a car guy all along. Coming from BMWs and Mercedes, I can easily say that the Model 3 is an amazing car and drives extremely wellā€¦to me, and thatā€™s all I care about. I test drove one twice this past weekend and placed an order on August 8.

Ya know what happened this morning, 48 hours later? I logged in to my Tesla account and saw an estimated delivery date (mid October to early November)ā€¦what!!!! Yes, itā€™s going to change between now and then, but two days after ordering I have some actual information from the car company. I may actually delay delivery so that it comes in December and thereā€™s not too much overlap with my BMW, but I was floored when I logged into my Tesla account and saw that. Say what you will about Tesla, but they seem to be handling this global supply chain issue better than others.

Anyway, Iā€™ll probably still be lurking here to see whatā€™s going onā€¦but for now I think my Bronco journey is nearing itsā€™ end.
Car decisions are both rational and emotional, and therefore complicated. I've make good and bad car decisions. I'm a Ford guy, so if i were to go electric, which I will eventually do, I'd go Battery F150 or Lightning. I doubt the Bronco will have satisfactory battery capacity, until a solid state car battery is invented. In time. Good luck. Important that you like what you drive!

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This belongs in the tesla forum....
Oh wait, we don't have one, lmfao

Sponsored
OP
OP
MorgansRun

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
SeE yOu On ThE tRaILs!!!1!!!

Joking aside, I had briefly considered Tesla when I was purchasing my M3 a couple years ago and I have driven a friendā€™s base model 3. Iā€™m glad I went with the M3 for the sound and manual transmission and for tracking the car. Tesla had some power and was interesting whirring in traffic. Model 3 Performance would be interesting to drive and see how it compares.

I know you were looking at the new electric 4 series (is it an M4?). What made you put in a Tesla order instead of BMW?
Yeah, I was looking at the i4. I balked at that for three reasons: 1) They were asking for payment of $1500 at time of order (yes, applied to the cost of the car); 2) They were sold out through June 2022 by the that time. I didn't want to extend my current lease that long; and, 3) Prices started at $55k without options and I'm sure you are well aware of how easily that can skyrocket...so, too pricey for me.

I didn't look too hard at other EVs because I didn't want a crossover (neighbor just got a Mach-E and I didn't want to copycat...lol) and that's what most other manufacturers are building as their EVs.

OP
OP
MorgansRun

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To be honest, the Tesla will get off-roaded as much as my Bronco would have...which means never.
Sounds like you made the right decision. The Bronco is cool and all, but with no intention to take it even remotely off-road you are sacrificing a lot of practicality for looks. The Tesla will likely be more comfortable, cheaper, easier to get around in (if in a city), quieter, and most importantly you can get into one by the end of the year vs. who knows. For whatever reason forums like this have a massive stick up their ass about Tesla and EVs in general and seem to think it has to be one or the other. You can't conceivably ever find any practicality in an EV and certainly nobody here would ever have a lifestyle in which an EV would make sense according to far too many people on this forum.
Sponsored