First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just finding out now, that the 4WP bumper calls for you to reuse the parking sensor bezels, and can accomodate the bezels from the plastic bumper, and the MODULAR steel bumper, but NOT the ones from the "capable" steel bumper. However, there is no way to know that till you have your "capable" steel bumper disassembled, and the sensors and bezels removed where you can (with a magnifying glass) see the part number on the sensor bezels. now everything has to sit all apart while I try to find sensor bezels.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been working on mine today. Got stopped at the rivets. Need to go get a rivet puller. Otherwise I agree with your assessment so far. Instructions are shit. pretty much worthless. I got the bumper off this morning, and the camera relocated using the JCR Bracket. I really wish they could have just made an install video for the winch plate and stuff. JCR did a great job on their install video for the camera relocation. Would be nice if everyone did that. I swear its just an unwritten rule that aftermarket off road bits have the worst and most useless instructions ever. maybe its meant to be a right of passage. LOL!
Everyone wants to be first out and they skip the important stuff. It’s absurd. I still think the 4WP bumpers are the best looking IMHO.

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just finding out now, that the 4WP bumper calls for you to reuse the parking sensor bezels, and can accomodate the bezels from the plastic bumper, and the MODULAR steel bumper, but NOT the ones from the "capable" steel bumper. However, there is no way to know that till you have your "capable" steel bumper disassembled, and the sensors and bezels removed where you can (with a magnifying glass) see the part number on the sensor bezels. now everything has to sit all apart while I try to find sensor bezels.
Wow.

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone wants to be first out and they skip the important stuff. It’s absurd. I still think the 4WP bumpers are the best looking IMHO.
Agree, but I'm taking my time. Not skipping anything important. Unlike 4WP that clearly failed to notice that the parking sensor bezels are not the same for all three bumpers.

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I mentioned above, my bumper Shipped without the custom outer sensor bezels, and when I finally got a new pair from them they do not fit at all. I see yours are angled out to the sides a bit, but sit flush on the bumper face. mine have a built in beveled edge to keep the sensors pointing forward, but they do not have the same angle as the bumper face, and worse yet, even if they did, the bezels don't even fit the hole in the bumper because they are a larger diameter than the hole in the bumper. I haven;t been able to drive my bronco for over a week now because the bumper and sensors are on the floor of the garage. Beyond annoyed. do you have a close up picture of the outer bezels inserts from the inside and the outside?

Sponsored
OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I mentioned above, my bumper Shipped without the custom outer sensor bezels, and when I finally got a new pair from them they do not fit at all. I see yours are angled out to the sides a bit, but sit flush on the bumper face. mine have a built in beveled edge to keep the sensors pointing forward, but they do not have the same angle as the bumper face, and worse yet, even if they did, the bezels don't even fit the hole in the bumper because they are a larger diameter than the hole in the bumper. I haven;t been able to drive my bronco for over a week now because the bumper and sensors are on the floor of the garage. Beyond annoyed. do you have a close up picture of the outer bezels inserts from the inside and the outside?
We took the bevels out of the old bumper and installed in new so the outsides sensors angled out, like factory. @Theherofails is the one that did part. Maybe he can chime in.

Last edited:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We took the bevels out of the old bumper and installed in new so the outsides sensors angled, out like factory. @Theherofails is the one that did part. Maybe he can chime in.
I’m gonna have to try to remember on this one. I think we ended up swapping them around a bit to get them flush. Only certain bezels will fit in certain holes. I remember them being ‘keyed’ differently depending on which hole they belong in.

If you didn’t keep track of the order that you removed the bezels from the OEM bumper (we didn’t the first time either), it takes a little trial and error to get them all figured out again. Match up the outside tabs with the cutouts In the bumper and they should end up fitting.

Some photos of the problem could help me jog my memory @SlowPoke.

I was wiring lights, swapping bumpers, installing a winch etc all in the same day so it’s a little blurry.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

looks great, but as someone who won't need a winch or stinger I would love to see 4WP or someone else produce a super simple bumper thats tucked close to the body. The main parts of this bumper do just that, and don't taper at the ends - pretty close to a straight bumper.

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m gonna have to try to remember on this one. I think we ended up swapping them around a bit to get them flush. Only certain bezels will fit in certain holes. I remember them being ‘keyed’ differently depending on which hole they belong in.

If you didn’t keep track of the order that you removed the bezels from the OEM bumper (we didn’t the first time either), it takes a little trial and error to get them all figured out again. Match up the outside tabs with the cutouts In the bumper and they should end up fitting.

Some photos of the problem could help me jog my memory @SlowPoke.

I was wiring lights, swapping bumpers, installing a winch etc all in the same day so it’s a little blurry.
You’re right. I forgot about they were all keyed differently. I knew you’d remember. That was weird when we finally figured it out. And yes, that was a very very long day. Lots of work.

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The OE inner ones are reused, but the outer ones use a custom bezel supplied by 4WP. Issue one I ran into is my inner bezels could not be reused. Apparently, the inner bezels they expect you will reuse come from the OE plastic bumper or modular steel bumper from the 2021 models. I have a 2022 with the Steel "capable" bumper. Those bezels could not be reused. I had to order OE bezels from the 2021 Modular steel bumper which have yet to arrive. they should fit the winch cradle sensor locations. But the outer ones I received from 4WP today just don't line up or fit, they don't match the hole size or the angles on the face of the bumper. Pictures coming...

5E764D5F-DEDF-46AE-8DC2-DACDD117A70A.jpeg

86158CF2-DE6C-4C7E-AB39-ABD50489B234.jpeg

A5EF62FD-5854-46BB-9B3A-22A9FDD36286.jpeg

BB0E7950-E740-4966-9C72-A8D970B867AC.jpeg

Sponsored

Jtv107

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can anyone provide the Ford OE part number for the '22 steel bumper parking sensor bezels?

mvilla

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Bronco w/ Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed this rear bumper as well and I am slightly annoyed that it slopes down toward the rear fender flares a few degrees. Did you try to adjust the fitment to get it level?

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Five - Lights The bumper allows you to run a bunch of different light configurations. Included 4 lights down in the middle bottom. (I ran 2). There’s also a separate little pieces to fill the gap if you don’t want to run lights, and want the bottom middle opening smaller.
Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything BB0E7950-E740-4966-9C72-A8D970B867AC
I just ordered the 4WP bumper set today and am trying to decide on the light configuration I want.

What lights do you have and would you do it again or change it? What wiring harnesses did you go with?

In front I was considering doing DD 6" light bar SAE Amber fogs (I think that's what you have?) and SS3 sport combo white (maybe with amber backlit) in the center opening. Then do DD SS3 sport white floods (with red backlit) on the rear.

For wiring, it looks like I could use SPV's headlight-DRL adapter to run the DRL on the front center lights and upfitter switch for the driving light, and SPV's fog light adapter (plus buying the factory fog button) to run the 6" light bars. On the rear, use SPV's Bronco tail light adapters plus their short length harness to run the red DRL and reverse lights, plus reverse override upfitter switch.

I'm going to run out of upfitter switches...

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finishing up the rear bumper license plate relocation now. There a few bits in the instructions that skip some details.

The parking sensor came with these ring spacer things. Completely useless because they were hollow. Thankfully I had some thick rubber bumpers from my winch mount that worked instead. I don't know why 4WP decided they needed to weld in those mounts when there are perfectly good plastic options on the market, like the ones Rough Country used on the winch mount.

Here is what I used:

Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything IMG20240525174913

Also I needed to Depin the connector to run it through the tool storage grommet, that wasn't explained at all in the instructions.

Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything IMG20240526133147

Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything IMG20240526133445

Here is the finished bumper. I was able to level it out using some big washers under the rearmost bottom bolts. I guess the better way to do it would be to grind the big shim I to a wedge shape, but I don't have tools for that. I have a 1/2" body lift so the gap above the bumper is a little bigger than normal. I'd like for the bumper to go a little further forward but I'd have to enlarge/elongate a small hole in the frame that prevents any real adjustment.

Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything IMG20240525194744

One thing that confused me is all of the threaded holes had a grease in them already, but instructions say to use thread locker on those same holes. Wouldn't the grease massively reduce the strength of the thread locker? I don't think they meant for both in the same threads.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got the rear bumper just about done. I set up my pod lights to have their red backlight on with the marker lights, and the main beams currently on with reverse, but I have the factory front/rear fog light switch on the way, and am going to set their main beam to be on with the rear fog button. I'm trying to reduce the amount of lights I have set on my upfitter switches.
Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything 1717428190620-zz

I'm now in the process of installing the front bumper, and man its some work. Attaching the winch plate to the bumper is so difficult because the 4 bolts behind the winch you can't get a socket or a wrench on the nut on the bottom. It *really* should have used a capture nut or bolt there. After an hour of struggling, I found I was able to use a crows foot at an angle to hold the nut while I used an impact with a long extension from the top

My front bumper also didn't come with 90-60838, the hardware pack with the custom outer sensor holders. I found I was able to put the factory ones there from my modular bumper, but they don't sit very flush. I called 4WP and they said its going to take some work to find that hardware pack. I may have to just roll with the the factory sensor holders there, maybe with some foam or glue to help make them look a little cleaner. I still have to do the wiring for the winch, lights, and reinstall my skid plate. I bought some SAE fog lights that I'll wire up to the front fog switch, with their amber backlight on with the DRLs, then I still need to buy some 6" lights for the outer light openings. I might just grab some the Roadshock flood lights from Harbor Freight

4WP has these on heavy discount because they are discontinuing the 4WP Factory Line. I suspect they'll switch this stuff over to the ProComp brand like they did with their coilovers.
Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything 1717428289165-e5

I really like the overall design of the bumper, there's some areas that are very well thought out like all of the wire harness zip tie holes, and the bolt plates for mounting the bumper to the frame horns. It even came with extra brackets in case you have side mounted light bars. The light mounts are adjustable for their height. It actually came with a front license plate mount, except I have absolutely no clue how it attaches! I bought a clevis license plate mount instead. I also have the LOD frame horn reinforcements and the bolts were long enough to accommodate for that extra thickness while still having threads for the entire nut.
Sponsored