First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It comes with the box that is painted with what looks like bedliner. I thought that was a good touch. It also comes with an kicker 8L7, and bolt and nuts to bolt it to an existing hole in the Bronco.
I actually haven't had it on yet since I'm doing all tge speakers and other things. Hopefully tonight.
I'm a little annoyed that I'm dumb and didn'tfigure out sub was included. I'd just get the professionally made box with the sub. I guess I saved a couple bucks and not a couple hundred

JRW5574

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha, no I do not. I didn't see a need for two fuses. And come to think of it. If a fire starts it will be at the fuse.. Probably add another one.
Have you by any chance drawn up plans for your enclosure that you'd be willing to share or sell a copy of? I'd love to make my own so I can choose the subwoofer I want. What do you think the maximum size is that can fit? 10? 12? Thank you.

a94cobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very nice. How does it sound?

OP
OP
PghBronco

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have you by any chance drawn up plans for your enclosure that you'd be willing to share or sell a copy of? I'd love to make my own so I can choose the subwoofer I want. What do you think the maximum size is that can fit? 10? 12? Thank you.
I originally wanted to run a 10in sub. I thought it would work. However when I was progressing through the build I realized that it would not work. I think after I mounted the sub I had maybe a half inch before I hit the wall of the box. but you also have to consider the cuft. Subs have a minimum space in the box in order to get sound out. This box i was above minimum. You run a 10in you're gonna need more space. People will say Polyfill. But that only will work if you cant hit minimum.

You don't have to pic this kicker either, you could essentially pick whatever, since I'm not that bright and like to take the easy route I went with that sub,

As far as plans go, I think I might still have the carboard cut outs that I used. Or I could eventually rip into the trim and get an accurate measurement.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PghBronco

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Very nice. How does it sound?
Not bad at all. I've since replaced my front 4.5 morels (3rd pair) and im breaking those in. Apparently you have a break in period for speakers? thus, im not cranking the sub ive actually toned it back a lil.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
People will say Polyfill. But that only will work if you cant hit minimum.
Polyfill doesn’t magically stop working, it will help reduce the pressure inside of a box depending on density and the size of the box, in a sealed enclosure it will make your box 5 to 30 % “bigger” which lowers the resonant frequency and allows the sub to dig a bit deeper.

OP
OP
PghBronco

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Polyfill doesn’t magically stop working, it will help reduce the pressure inside of a box depending on density and the size of the box, in a sealed enclosure it will make your box 5 to 30 % “bigger” which lowers the resonant frequency and allows the sub to dig a bit deeper.
If your within optimal range as far as cu-ft and you add polyfill it will negatively affect the sound. Not my expert opinion it was Crutchfield's tech.

texasmark04

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have it. And confirmed that it included the sub before I ordered it.
@Jmart52 Question for you. I have also ordered the enclosure and sub from SRQ Custom Sounds. I put the order in over a week ago and have not heard a word from them on status of that order. I have tried communicating, but have not received a response back. If I may ask, what was your turnaround time on your order? Weeks? Days? Just trying to understand if I should be worried or not that I have not heard from them. Thanks.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Jmart52 Question for you. I have also ordered the enclosure and sub from SRQ Custom Sounds. I put the order in over a week ago and have not heard a word from them on status of that order. I have tried communicating, but have not received a response back. If I may ask, what was your turnaround time on your order? Weeks? Days? Just trying to understand if I should be worried or not that I have not heard from them. Thanks.
Haven’t used them but they say to expect 4-6 weeks on some of their Google reviews.

Sponsored

Jmart52

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrack, 76 Bronco, 64 f100 etc
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It did take a little time. I think it was a little over 3 weeks. They make them to order so it does take longer. I felt the same as you. I tried calling also and they emailed me when it was complete. It comes with a 4 ohm sub. I wish it would have come with the 2 ohm version. I'm still tweaking everything but it sounds great

texasmark04

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It did take a little time. I think it was a little over 3 weeks. They make them to order so it does take longer. I felt the same as you. I tried calling also and they emailed me when it was complete. It comes with a 4 ohm sub. I wish it would have come with the 2 ohm version. I'm still tweaking everything but it sounds great
Thanks for feedback. They actually emailed me this afternoon. I'm not looking for outrageous bass, just something better than the crappy factory sub, but didn't want to give up any space in my rear, so that this solution was the best. Hopefully it will be improvement.

Jmart52

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrack, 76 Bronco, 64 f100 etc
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for feedback. They actually emailed me this afternoon. I'm not looking for outrageous bass, just something better than the crappy factory sub, but didn't want to give up any space in my rear, so that this solution was the best. Hopefully it will be improvement.
That was exactly what I wanted too. It did the trick.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SRQ responded to my online inquiry from late Friday night the next morning. He said he had the 2 ohm speaker in stock and would swap it for no charge. I was thinking the 2 ohm sub to give a Kicker Key 500.1 the 1 ohm load could work well. Now I’m thinking I might want one of the five channel Audio Control amps for a more high end system. I read some forums on 2 ohm vs 1 ohm, they said the 1 ohm is punchier and louder but not as deep as the 2 or 4 ohm.

If the same plugnplay harness for the Bronco fits my new Lightning that would help me make the decision.
Sponsored