First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ive always had premium audio options (Bose, Rockford, HK) in my vehicles but did not opt for it in the Bronco. As we all know the stock system is lacking. I am an electronics super dummy. After a little research it seems reasonable to upgrade the speakers to Kicker CS speakers. Possibly adding larger pods for 6in speakers. The question: without getting technical, what am I looking at when I start this project? I would assume I'll need an amplifier. I think I can swap the individual speakers myself and have a local pro shop add the sub and do some tuning. Worth it just to have the shop do it all? Idea of price with and without adding an amp? Am I looking at $500 for amp install and tune? $1000? $1000 for speaker amp and tune? I have zero reference for any of this. Thanks for any input
Sponsored

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The speaker replacements are very easy as long as you take your time and use the right trim removal tools. If you order speakers from crutchfield they'll also send you whatever speaker harnesses and stuff you need for free which is nice. I'd use their speaker test comparison feature to see what speakers fit what you're looking for before buying anything.

6" rear pods might require forscan adjustments from what I've seen, but maybe that's different with an amp and stuff. Can't speak much on that unfortunately though.

Cptsteam

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2 Door Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Huge quantities of information on the site here as well as YouTube. First you need to determine if you have the B&O system of not as that effects upgrade paths. I seems the non B&O is the easier to upgrade. That’s what I have and I am starting with swapping the front 2 dash speakers with aftermarket infinity 4 inch speakers. I have ordered harnesses without a bass blocker and with a 300htz bass blocker. A lot of folks recommend using a bass blocker to protect the small front speakers.
Your rear speakers are also 4 inch and some people swap those for other 4 inch speakers. A lot of people get after market larger encloses and put 6.5 inch speakers in there.

Honestly those upgrades are fairly straight forward and there are tons of videos and guides to help.

If you have a 23 or newer you should also have a sub (or sub delete.). That can also be upgraded with a new amp and new sub.

Beyond that people have also installed an amp to power the factory speakers to get better quality sound and more volume. Kickers seem a go to brand.

I think that’s a a really rough generalization of some of the more common upgrade paths.

Your lower kick panel has a factory 6.5 on each side but the reports are it’s fairly good quality and paired with the work to replace it I don’t think a lot of people mess with it.

Hope this was helpful.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah - like the others have said - many before us have paved the way just find the thread that matches your system needs best B&O vs Base and then check the comments - lots of pics and helpful videos linked in the threads. I certainly couldn't have done mine as easily without all of the help from this forum.

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I haven't seen anything posted on speaker upgrade needs for 24's. Anyone know if changes were made in the 24's (forscan or hardware) that make it better straight from factory?

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I haven't seen anything posted on speaker upgrade needs for 24's. Anyone know if changes were made in the 24's (forscan or hardware) that make it better straight from factory?
So far the only change I've seen in the '24's is that the non-B&O system now gets pumped in fake engine noise. I haven't heard of any hardware changes in the speakers or wiring or anything.

maus92

Big Bend
First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So far the only change I've seen in the '24's is that the non-B&O system now gets pumped in fake engine noise. I haven't heard of any hardware changes in the speakers or wiring or anything.
I have a '24 Big Bend. I don't find the non-B&O system to be too terrible, but it's definitely not on par with my Tesla MY. I've just received 2 pairs of Hertz 100.3 to swap in an incremental attempt to tweak the sound stage. After reading through these forums and against the recommendation of the Crutchfield counselor, I am not replacing the kick panel drivers, at least at first, nor the factory sub. I imagine that I will use the Kicker Key 4 channel amp at some point, but I'm hoping that the efficient Hertz will delay that project. Watching this thread.

Adding, is there a way to disable the fake engine sounds piped in through the audio system?

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ive always had premium audio options (Bose, Rockford, HK) in my vehicles but did not opt for it in the Bronco. As we all know the stock system is lacking. I am an electronics super dummy. After a little research it seems reasonable to upgrade the speakers to Kicker CS speakers. Possibly adding larger pods for 6in speakers. The question: without getting technical, what am I looking at when I start this project? I would assume I'll need an amplifier. I think I can swap the individual speakers myself and have a local pro shop add the sub and do some tuning. Worth it just to have the shop do it all? Idea of price with and without adding an amp? Am I looking at $500 for amp install and tune? $1000? $1000 for speaker amp and tune? I have zero reference for any of this. Thanks for any input
i went with alpine co axles deck and pod alpine mini subs in kickers
also mti sub and enclosure on tailgate with amp and processor clear and thumps even when naked

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Adding, is there a way to disable the fake engine sounds piped in through the audio system?
Yes, with Forscan. There are a lot of tutorials around here and on Forscan forums that show exactly how to do it and what ODB2 reader you need for it.

Crabber50

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I recommend you put in 4 of the 4" Hertz just like @maus92 did. Then go from there, that is what I did and I am not sure I will go further. But I might.

Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is what we did in ours so far, switched out to bigger rear pods and added Kicker 6.75” KSC6704s (they fit perfectly in the Mabett 6.5” speaker pods). Made a nice difference by just doing that!

https://amzn.to/3uRoJio

https://amzn.to/4bIP5UB

OIB Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is what we did in ours so far, switched out to bigger rear pods and added Kicker 6.75” KSC6704s (they fit perfectly in the Mabett 6.5” speaker pods). Made a nice difference by just doing that!

https://amzn.to/3uRoJio

https://amzn.to/4bIP5UB
I did this upgrade too, just the rear speakers. I have the B&O and just this upgrade made a big difference. I am not a huge audio person but those little rear speakers were a sad excuse for speakers.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We did a fair amount of messing around with the 4" dash speakers and then going to 6.75 in Mabett rear pods. Along with Forscan tweaks.... Remember, audio is personal, not everyone likes the same tone/sound.

The Kickers were the worst sounding by far.

The Hertz were good, probably second best, but the JBL's were close.

The best for us were the Infinity's. They were very efficient (played louder at lower volume) had the best midrange with solid high freq performance and best overall tone.

For the dash I used the REF-4032cfx with a 300hz bass blocker.

In the rear I went with the REF-6532ex in the Mabett rear pods. I also used some sound deadening material inside the pods.

Removed the EQ with Forscan... Quite listenable now.

maus92

Big Bend
First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We did a fair amount of messing around with the 4" dash speakers and then going to 6.75 in Mabett rear pods. Along with Forscan tweaks.... Remember, audio is personal, not everyone likes the same tone/sound.

The Kickers were the worst sounding by far.

The Hertz were good, probably second best, but the JBL's were close.

The best for us were the Infinity's. They were very efficient (played louder at lower volume) had the best midrange with solid high freq performance and best overall tone.

For the dash I used the REF-4032cfx with a 300hz bass blocker.

In the rear I went with the REF-6532ex in the Mabett rear pods. I also used some sound deadening material inside the pods.

Removed the EQ with Forscan... Quite listenable now.
Are you using the stock amp or a Kicker Key?

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks