Sponsored

I was involved in an accident -- fix at dealer or independent shop?

OP
OP
M_Bronco

M_Bronco

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pacifica, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oof... good luck whichever route you take. There are ranger folks who have been waiting 6+ months for an axle..

With as far back as that one side is... I wonder how straight the frame/brackets are.
I hope it won’t be the case on my end.
Sponsored

OP
OP
M_Bronco

M_Bronco

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pacifica, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't let the installation of a rear bumper make your decision. Installing you your own bumper is not difficult and if worse comes to worse, You can get someone to install it afterwards for probably cheaper than what you would be paying the dealer.

Focus on getting your vehicle repaired the right way, with the right parts, possibly loners during the meantime? You worry about the rear bumper as a side note but not a deal breaker.
That’s a good advice much appreciated.

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since it's not your INS, find the best body shop in your area. Get a quote. The other drivers INS will likely tell you they don't work with them, or deny your claim/quote.

That's when you have your lawyer jump in, with a $200 letter, and explain the whole diminished value and trade in spiel.

I always use Royal Coach in Illinois, and 100% of the time the other INS fights me.

GL.

BCKMRKR

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry about your accident. This whole dealer vs. independent discussion isn't a thing in the SF Bay area (and probably large parts of CA), as dealers here do not do bodywork and accident repairs (my best guess is that real estate for dealer locations are too expensive - most good shops are in industrial areas).

I would work with your own insurance (since you already pay them) for approved independent shops - the Ram driver's insurance will likely have a significant overlap. Approved shops will give you confidence that if anything goes wrong, the insurance companies will make it right. Keep in mind any follow-up guarantees are only as good as the shop and the shop staying in business, so find one with a good, long standing reputation.

In your case, I would get a quote for a back-to-OEM repair and get that approved (and paid) and then work with the independent shop to quote you incremental costs for your mods.
Sponsored