Sponsored

I was wondering of buying 37's for my BD and keeping the Factory Black Alloys. Not sure if the 37 12.5's would rub?

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
East Hartford, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/ 1998 Honda C-RV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was wondering of buying 37's for my BD and keeping the Factory Black Alloys. Not sure if the 37 12.5's would rub? Thinking of buying Pizza cutters (37, 11.5) to avoid this issue. Anyone have any insight on whether or not the offset on the factory alloys is too + for this setup?

I have attached a link to the photo of the wheels. The Middle wheel is the one I am referring to.

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bro......4DR.64H.BKD.]?fmccmp=lp-suvs-mid-bp-bronco
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By all accounts a 37x12.50 on the +55 offset black steelies will rub the upper control arm at the very least. Also, most likely will require a lift to avoid other rubbing at full stuff/full lock.

OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the response P Willette:

I'm definitely getting a lift (3.5), I didn't mention it because my real concern is not about clearance but rather rubbing. I want to keel the factory wheels for now (budget), so was thinking that the 11.50's might deduct and inch and work.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I guess I could always use a 2 inch spacer for the time being, 55mm is 2 inches, to make the wheel 0 offset. I really would rather not but it will do while I save for the wheels.

I have the alloys not the steelies, I wonder if the aluminum alloys are also +55 offset?

OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
By all accounts a 37x12.50 on the +55 offset black steelies will rub the upper control arm at the very least. Also, most likely will require a lift to avoid other rubbing at full stuff/full lock.

I'm going to pop one off when I get home from work and see.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the response P Willette:

I'm definitely getting a lift (3.5), I didn't mention it because my real concern is not about clearance but rather rubbing. I want to keel the factory wheels for now (budget), so was thinking that the 11.50's might deduct and inch and work.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I guess I could always use a 2 inch spacer for the time being, 55mm is 2 inches, to make the wheel 0 offset. I really would rather not but it will do while I save for the wheels.

I have the alloys not the steelies, I wonder if the aluminum alloys are also +55 offset?
I do believe the non-squatch alloys are +55 offset as well. I'm pretty sure there are several on the forum that have fit the 37x12.5 on +25 wheels w/o issue. If I were to move up to a 37 I'd most likely go this route w/ the 11.5 width.

Sponsored

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A 2" level kit throws the geometry out , the axle then overflexes the suspension then snaps the axle even more so with spacers on the rims .

OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A 2" level kit throws the geometry out , the axle then overflexes the suspension then snaps the axle even more so with spacers on the rims .
It would be a 3.5 lift and 2” spacers which would make the wheels at about offset.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ask yourself, why do you want 37” tires? If you were doing hardcore trails that required 37”, you at least would’ve bought SAS. If you are doing it for aesthetics then you are spoiling the way the truck drives in the interest of a specific look. It’s your truck and you can do whatever you want, but I wouldn’t do it.

35” are a straight forward fit on these trucks, but 37” on a non Sasquatch on stock +55mm is a big ask. It’s a lot of tire and a lot of weight. Depending on your options, 37” puts you in the range of needing to regear the differentials for the truck to drive properly. The M190 front differential isn’t really up to the task if you plan on taking it offroad.

I’d recommend a 2” lift (spacers) and a set of Toyo 35x11.5R17 tires. Spend the extra lift money on wheels instead. It will look much bigger than stock and still drive decently, while not spoiling the driving characteristics.

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Charlie,
I would have to disagree with you on your assessment. No disrespect, but Ford Performance is coming out with a two inch lift as a joint venture with Bilstein, using a thick mono-shock and SAS springs. This application is for Non-SAS Broncos, which tells me that the engineers have already gone thru the pain of testing to ensure what you are describing for the M190 axle and drivetrain.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You will need 1.25" to 1.5" wheel spacers to run 37s and at least 2" lift spacer lift to keep from rubbing your fenders.

No issues with 35s and zone 2" having fun today in my Bronco. Don't buy smaller tires if you want 37s. You will just spend money twice.

OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ask yourself, why do you want 37” tires? If you were doing hardcore trails that required 37”, you at least would’ve bought SAS. If you are doing it for aesthetics then you are spoiling the way the truck drives in the interest of a specific look. It’s your truck and you can do whatever you want, but I wouldn’t do it.

35” are a straight forward fit on these trucks, but 37” on a non Sasquatch on stock +55mm is a big ask. It’s a lot of tire and a lot of weight. Depending on your options, 37” puts you in the range of needing to regear the differentials for the truck to drive properly. The M190 front differential isn’t really up to the task if you plan on taking it offroad.

I’d recommend a 2” lift (spacers) and a set of Toyo 35x11.5R17 tires. Spend the extra lift money on wheels instead. It will look much bigger than stock and still drive decently, while not spoiling the driving characteristics.

You’re right, I’m not going to go hardcore wheeling. I will go wheeling, but my right will be more for adventure/ overlanding.

I also agree that it would be mainly for aesthetics, because hey who Doesn’t like a good looking rig?!

Another thought… the gears on the BD are 4.46 so they would push those bigger tires no prob.

I’m listening, trying to open minded but fuck I am also impulsive 🤣.
Sponsored