Sponsored

IAG rock rail retrofit steps….we want to know what YOU want!!

Which step version are you most likely to purchase?

• Total voters

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rough mock up. Production piece will look similar to others with hexagonal shapes and replaceable accent piece.
FBD82D05-816E-46AB-BA98-199B4017CCC0.jpeg

B70EC629-BE13-45CA-9DF2-936EF34A5469.jpeg

D4DAC5FB-269A-4C67-B9D6-A4EDE0D29CB1.jpeg
Does it have to be so much shallower of a step? Or will the back be open to mitigate this? (Balls of feet on the shallow step with toes hanging forward)
I think the kids might have to stretch the extra 2” to the V2.
can the tube come out on an angle for V3? Be perpendicular to the rail surface?
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@IAG Performance It seems that you have received the feedback (at least on the v1/v2 as v3 was late to show a prototype). Have you considered a timeline when you would move to production and begin offering them to us?

Is there any need for us to "Send It" to be put on a pre-order list? Or will you just publish the links to order when they are available?

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like to see a pair of the V1 and V2 seperatly on a 4dr to see what they look like as a set. I'm still torn between the 2 but I think seeing them on it like you would run them would help.

Sponsored

Blucifer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello Bronco6G fam! I’m looking for some feedback. We are considering a few step designs to retrofit onto the factory rock rails. They are bolt on and bolt off in minutes. At the moment, we have 3 versions on the table:

V1 is at the height of the top of the rock rail.
V2 is approximately 2” below the top of the rock rail.
V3 is approximately 4” below the top of the rock rail.

I believe there is a place in the market for all 3 but am looking for feedback.

V1 is the least obtrusive and likely the best of you don’t want to remove every time you mall crawl or actually go off road.
V2 will certainly make it easy to get in and out after a lift and big tires and still maintains good ground clearance.
V3 will be an excellent option for the vertically challenged.

I will update the post with renderings of V2 and V3 tomorrow.

Additionally I’m looking for insight on colors. All are finished in a course Anti-skid powder coat. In the front of the step is a small decorative name plate. We have done this in both a spot welded version that would be the same color as the step, as well as a riveted version that can be raw stainless or powder coated in an accent color.

The question is, would you prefer a spot welded one piece version or a replaceable one with an accent color? If you like the replaceable one, would you all like basic colors like red and blue or does an option of factory ford body colors appeal to you?

I know this is a complex series of questions but we are trying to gauge the market before starting production next week. Again I will update the post as we get the other versions prototyped in the coming days. For now here are some teasers to better explain the direction we are going. I welcome feedback!
56CE8877-27A4-48D1-88E5-E0C10CAB7AE4.jpeg
2B025056-6BB0-4F43-9801-FFCF5E18AE97.jpeg
207B83B3-A7DB-4B9B-A529-771B858F2706.jpeg
B8B73FF7-8B9E-452F-96A1-F6FE18E6118C.jpeg
F5BE5B63-24BC-4381-B5E6-88724EBE8DC4.jpeg
50D1A84B-50DF-4093-A846-8E0A38D3ED31.jpeg
6257EE60-855F-450D-83DC-160810454195.jpeg
389227F9-5AED-44B3-9F17-6384607DFEEC.jpeg
EC52564A-F3FE-4D61-959D-3737370CF887.jpeg
0FA04924-C245-465E-A6BC-D8CE21151C54.jpeg
AAF2D766-64D0-43B5-AB6D-11530133A636.jpeg
I love this idea! Personally, I'd try any of the steps so long as it os like 6in wide at least. They must be pretty wide imo to be practical. As for the height, I'm inclined to try the step at the top of the rock rail.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Production is underway! I hope to have an update late next week. If it goes smoothly we will open the door to orders.

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Decisions, decisions… V1 or V2? How much would V1 really help to get in? V1 looks great and isn’t very noticeable. V2 is probably more of a help, but more noticeable than V1, but still looks pretty reasonable. Hmmm… A photo from far away would help with my decision.

22Badlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These look like a great option. But looking at price what do new rails with a small step cost vs adding 4 of your steps for a 4 door? This seems like it fits the cost saving alternative to all new rails therefore the most I’d be willing to pay is about $400 for a 4 door set anymore than that I’m spending a bit extra for new sliders with a small step built in.

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Production is underway! I hope to have an update late next week. If it goes smoothly we will open the door to orders.
Awesome to see production is underway! Any rendering of the full length steps? I will be buying one or the other for sure. Thanks guys!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Decisions, decisions… V1 or V2? How much would V1 really help to get in? V1 looks great and isn’t very noticeable. V2 is probably more of a help, but more noticeable than V1, but still looks pretty reasonable. Hmmm… A photo from far away would help with my decision.
The height of v1 is still several inches below the normal step-in floor height.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@IAG Performance It seems that you have received the feedback (at least on the v1/v2 as v3 was late to show a prototype). Have you considered a timeline when you would move to production and begin offering them to us?

Is there any need for us to "Send It" to be put on a pre-order list? Or will you just publish the links to order when they are available?
We have started production and will be posting a pre-sale link soon.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These look like a great option. But looking at price what do new rails with a small step cost vs adding 4 of your steps for a 4 door? This seems like it fits the cost saving alternative to all new rails therefore the most I’d be willing to pay is about $400 for a 4 door set anymore than that I’m spending a bit extra for new sliders with a small step built in.
One thing to keep in mind for this is that the full length rails are not easily removable for more serious off-roading. With this option you get the stock rock rail as well as the moveable and easily removable steps.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not about the money...

If you're buying a bronco, it's really not...

Through this whole process repeat at me, "It costs what it costs"

You can be an armchair economist to help it make sense and perhaps convince your SO, but we all know the truth

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not about the money...

If you're buying a bronco, it's really not...

Through this whole process repeat at me, "It costs what it costs"

You can be an armchair economist to help it make sense and perhaps convince your SO, but we all know the truth
Thats a good point... I realized early on i have spend more on things for my bronco before I even got it, than I have for the previous four vehicles.... combined...

And at this pace, doesnt even appear to be done... LOL
Sponsored