Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Bronco, e-90 335 xi, GMC sierra 3500 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys!

I have the full set of the IAG skids on my badlands and did testing for IAG. I put these things through the wringer and they were great. I had all the confidence in the world to do black and red trails at AOAA. I have 35’s and 3” lift and hung w much more built Jeeps w 37’s and more lift. The front a-arm skids did hit a little more than if they weren’t on BUT the bolt hanging down that Ford was so kind to leave exposed was fully protected and it wasn’t an issue. The plates could be a little tighter if fully conformed BUT they are smooth and slid over big rocks no prob. If you chop up the skids to conform to everything you get hung up and stick on bends and pockets. During testing there were 1-2 minor feedback items that were received well and immediately resolved and I know will be addressed before release. Also, powder coating was quality, all parts had beveled edges to the coating didn’t “run away” from and sharp corners to prematurely rust out. I can say IAG pays attention to feedback and cares about the details.
Hit me up if you have any questions or want and additional feedback.
Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hit me up if you have any questions or want and additional feedback.
Well, since you're offering haha-

Were you able to simply mix and match to the factory skids or did you replace everything with IAG?

If you mixed and matched, what did you end up adding?

What's the install difficulty? Will I need a lift or jack stands?

jallensmith1

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Bronco, e-90 335 xi, GMC sierra 3500 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s the entire set, IAG may be able to tell you about mix n match.
Instal was done by IAG. I haven’t really messed with it too much but I did look at it from every angle and in a lot of detail. It looks be we’ll thought out and pretty simple and straight forward install.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wanna get them Rubicon approved?

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wanna get them Rubicon approved?
Lol, true test is if you can take the skids off and put them back on after the Rubicon. Going to look like a Pringle Potato Chip.

Need to run them on a stock Bronco to get the full wrath of the Rubicon, we are to big with 37s and coilovers.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lol, true test is if you can take the skids off and put them back on after the Rubicon. Going to look like a Pringle Potato Chip.

Need to run them on a stock Bronco to get the full wrath of the Rubicon, we are to big with 37s and coilovers.
Truth, not for me. I got friends ;)

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am happy to report that the complete skid plate sets for both 4-door and 2-door models are now available on the website!! Follow the link below to explore all of the different options and feel free to reach out here or directly to our support team with any questions!

IAG Rock Armor Skid Plates

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am happy to report that the complete skid plate sets for both 4-door and 2-door models are now available on the website!! Follow the link below to explore all of the different options and feel free to reach out here or directly to our support team with any questions!

IAG Rock Armor Skid Plates

Do you happen to know exactly which pieces would be needed to complete what's already installed with the factory Badlands plates?

Sponsored
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you happen to know exactly which pieces would be needed to complete what's already installed with the factory Badlands plates?
You would need the rear shocks, front lower trailing arms, front control arms, rear diff, and transmission skids. However, depending on what you are planning to put your truck through, it may make sense to either only do some of those to save some cost, or do the complete suite to replace the current factory skids that work, but aren't as strong. Feel free to reach out to us directly to talk about your individual usage and we can make some more specific recommendations!

Last edited:

Bronco1010

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So will the front lower trailing arm skids work on a badlands?

You would need the rear shocks, rear trailing arms, front control arms, rear diff, and transmission skids. However, depending on what you are planning to put your truck through, it may make sense to either only do some of those to save some cost, or do the complete suite to replace the current factory skids that work, but aren't as strong. Feel free to reach out to us directly to talk about your individual usage and we can make some more specific recommendations!

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You would need the rear shocks, front lower trailing arms, front control arms, rear diff, and transmission skids. However, depending on what you are planning to put your truck through, it may make sense to either only do some of those to save some cost, or do the complete suite to replace the current factory skids that work, but aren't as strong. Feel free to reach out to us directly to talk about your individual usage and we can make some more specific recommendations!
I put it through quite a bit - I haven't quite pushed its limits, but I've certainly started pushing mine 😉

I've already got plenty of scrapes and bent pieces underneath, and would like to minimize future ones, haha.

Edit to ask: Do y'all have a spare delete for the Bronco yet?

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put it through quite a bit - I haven't quite pushed its limits, but I've certainly started pushing mine 😉

I've already got plenty of scrapes and bent pieces underneath, and would like to minimize future ones, haha.

Edit to ask: Do y'all have a spare delete for the Bronco yet?
If that's the case, you can always start with what I listed, then if damage your factory skids too horribly you could replace them piece by piece. It would probably be worthwhile to get the transfer case skid while you are there as it will interface better with our transmission skid and offer better protection than the factory unit for a fairly crucial part.

We have not made a spare tire delete yet, unfortunately.
Sponsored