redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Clever. I've never had an issue with the tire spinning on the wheel, just losing beads. This would work well for my use.
on the spinning issue ..............

Back in the 90's I was drag racing a fox body and was contemplating using wheel screws because the other racers had them and they would always say "You need to screw them tires down"

So for a test I put a shoe polish line on the wheel and the tire. after a day of racing the tire had moved about a half an inch. So does it happen ?? Yes. Is it a lot?? No. Now if you would have a 1500 HP car without a doubt they would spin more. But for low power I would say the spinning is minimal. 😁
Sponsored

Last edited:

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've purchased these wheels and expect to have them delivered next week and will be mounting a set of Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3 35" MT tires. These wheels being DOT compliant while providing similar capabilities as a traditional bead lock wheel w/o the associated risks were a key factor in my selection process. I currently run the Method Trail Series w/ Bead Grip Tech wheels on my current rig for similar reasons.

OP
OP
VelocityBrew

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've purchased these wheels and expect to have them delivered next week and will be mounting a set of Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3 35" MT tires. These wheels being DOT compliant while providing similar capabilities as a traditional bead lock wheel w/o the associated risks were a key factor in my selection process. I currently run the Method Trail Series w/ Bead Grip Tech wheels on my current rig for similar reasons.
At 2lbs over the non-beadlock Rebounds it isn't that much of a weight increase either. I am considering them.

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At 2lbs over the non-beadlock Rebounds it isn't that much of a weight increase either. I am considering them.
The relatively low weight of the wheels was an unexpected bonus. Icon's video does indicate that they added additional material to improve strength. I'll post plenty of pics and info when I get them and mounted up with tires. One of my challenges at the moment is figuring out the compatible TPMS sensor. Ford's catalog appears to have two different parts listed, a 315MHz and a 433MHz version.

Sponsored

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Alex Mcknz

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The concept appears to be far superior, accomplishing the same levels of traditional bead-lock wheels. I'm kind of curious.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have seen wheels spin inside the tire when wheeling with very low air pressure. Much depends on the tire, some tires are just harder to unseat and grip the wheel better. Mud and rock grit can get into the bead, between the rim and tire and cause small leaks, which is much harder to do with a beadlock. Still, this is a pretty cool idea and would work well in most situations. I'd want to carry a bag of spare O rings for the bolts, just in case. I could go down the DOT rabbit hole, but....... :giggle:
Sponsored