Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depending on how/if I manage to fit an Off-Roadeo attendance in, I'd probably try to fit it into one of these trips rather than making it yet another trip of its own. I'm leaning toward the Moab site, it being the more distant of the two that are within a days' drive of me, but I might consider the Texas site, even though it'd be more like two or three days to drive there, but would put me close enough to Laredo that afterward, I could go visit my brother there.
Especially if I end up choosing the Nevada Off-Roadeo site, there's a very strong reason to try to work it into a Death Valley trip. Amargosa Opera House, which I see as the most likely base for a Death Valley trip, is much closer to both the Nevada and Utah Off-Roadeo locations, than my home in Sacramento is. In fact, from Amargosa Opera House to the Nevada Off-Roadeo site is a little over an hour of driving, compared to more like eight to nine hours from my home in Sacramento.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So would it be a herd of Broncos or a swarm?
A Band of Broncos. :cool:
It just now occurred to me to wonder about this.

In its base meaning, a bronco is a kind of a horse. On doing a bit of Googling, it turns out that there are several different collective terms for groups of horses, many having to do with who owns them and for what purpose.

But “herd” seems to be the most appropriate term for a group of us travelling together in Bronco vehicles.

Per this article, “A herd is a group of horses or other animals they [sic] live and travel together, both for protection and socialization.” Does that not sound like a perfect description of a group of us travelling together on the sort of trips that I am envisioning?

HotShotGamertv

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That will be a nice idea only if Ford will complete My Bronco. They haven’t completed my Built since January 14th. Expected Delivery Date Changed from 2/11 to 5/18

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we drove to Bodi in a Miata many years ago, it's remote but super popular and I believe some caretaker/ranger lives up there too. We took the "normal" road in, not some off road trail. I'd go there alone with little hesitation.
Death valley is a different story, there are areas where nobody might come by for days or weeks.

I do plan to do some solo exploring, for one I don't (yet) know anybody into this, nobody I know has an off roader, but also just to enjoy the solitude. I will not venture out without a radio or two and a Garmin sat communicator with topo maps. So if I get stuck I can get help organized.

Mono Lake and Bodi are hopefully destinations this year. And a slow drive along the coast form the Bay Area to Seattle, 1-2 weeks.

But I'd also be up to meet for some group travel, also can be a lot of fun!

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Some friends and I are planning a trip for later this year that goes from Arizona, up the entire length of the 191 in Safford, AZ, all the way to Yellowstone park. Should be a hell of a trip

Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been on many motorcycle trips. My suggestion would be this:
1. Never offroad alone
2. When you get to your destination (Bodie for example) and are going exploring in different directions.....NEVER TRAVEL ALONE!

OP
OP
Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That will be a nice idea only if Ford will complete My Bronco. They haven’t completed my Built since January 14th. Expected Delivery Date Changed from 2/11 to 5/18
Yes, that's where I am, as well.

I ordered mine in October. At the time, my dealer estimated that I'd probably have it around June. I guess I won't have any more clue about how accurate his estimate may be until Ford gives me a VIN and an initial build date.

Of course, my participation in any trips of the sort I am envisioning will depend on financial and work matters, that, at this time, are unknowable.

I'm not one who has historically cared much for travelling, but the prospect of getting this Bronco has put me in a mindset of very much wanting, once I have it, to use it to go see sights that I've never had the chance to see; and also, a desire to find places to drive it to places where every other vehicle that I have ever had would not be able to go.

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We run a company that specializes in off road tours... primarily has been Raptors for the past 10 years, but we recently bought 2 Bronco's to start exploring the idea of fully supported group runs for Bronco's also.

Our runs historically for Raptor have consisted of:
- Fully mapped and pre-run trails and routes, maps provided (GPS requires for participants)
- Trail support with professional mechanics, spare parts, chase trucks and trailers
- All-inclusive hotel arrangements, organized meals, and check-in for the group
- Media, sponsor swag, and other extras....

We hope to soon offer similar run experiences for Baja as a start, as this is some of the BEST and least-used off road trails in Northern America. We just got back from 3 days of pre-running down there with the intent of mapping a group run this coming fall.... hoping to get our schedule together and finalize some Bronco stuff soon.

Not for everyone... but for those that want a fully supported, turn-key, show-up and just follow the leader for an AMAZING trip experience, we're confident we're the best at it.

www.expeditionxoffroad.com

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We run a company that specializes in off road tours... primarily has been Raptors for the past 10 years, but we recently bought 2 Bronco's to start exploring the idea of fully supported group runs for Bronco's also.

- Fully mapped and pre-run trails and routes, maps provided (GPS requires for participants)
- Trail support with professional mechanics, spare parts, chase trucks and trailers

We hope to soon offer similar run experiences for Baja as a start, as this is some of the BEST and least-used off road trails in Northern America. We just got back from 3 days of pre-running down there with the intent of mapping a group run this coming fall.... hoping to get our schedule together and finalize some Bronco stuff soon.

Not for everyone... but for those that want a fully supported, turn-key, show-up and just follow the leader for an AMAZING trip experience, we're confident we're the best at it.

exo is the premier raptor tour company, it will be hard to decide which vehicle to take but im not going on any major trip that's not organized by EXO.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my friends are going to DV next weekend but I can't make it. If you get your bronco in summer, probably best to wait til fall to do DV since it will be hot until later september :) When it cools down in Oct/Nov time, itll be a good time to go there.

Mammoth area in general during summer is beautiful though. Right now debating on the wife where to go in June.... we may go to Canyonlands/Arches but up near mammoth is always a treat.

Sponsored

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Possibly, but I am thinking in terms of where a group might go, not in terms of where anyone involved would be coming from. I'd expect a post in a place specific to a particular region to primarily draw the attention of people living in that region, more than people who might be prodded into thinking of traveling to that region.

The two destinations that I specifically mentioned as examples might very easily draw fellow travelers from the regions covered by the Southwest, Northwest and possibly even Rockies/Midwest forums as well as the California which covers where these destinations are located, and from where I would be traveling.

I'm also thinking I might, on what for me would be the same trip as Bodie, also want to go all the way out to Pike's Peak, in Colorado. (Both being destinations I would only want to try to visit during the Summer.) I'm not nearly as worried about being alone going to Pike's Peak, as it appears to be more well-traveled, and not so isolated from civilization, but if I wanted to have a group trip to there of the sort I am envisioning in the OP, I would hope for fellow travelers to join me there from places very far removed from my own home region. Throw in all the regional forums I already mentioned above, as well as a few even farther east.

And I wouldn't even assume that the same people who are interested in joining me at Bodie would be the same as those interested in joining me at Pikes Peak.
As thoughtful as you are, initial investigation of destinations should be your priority. For example, Pike's Peak is literally on the edge of a city and is a 2wd paved road. Grandma in her Corolla... Look for local clubs, many have members that will join/lead you safely into coolness "just for grins".

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Especially if I end up choosing the Nevada Off-Roadeo site, there's a very strong reason to try to work it into a Death Valley trip. Amargosa Opera House, which I see as the most likely base for a Death Valley trip, is much closer to both the Nevada and Utah Off-Roadeo locations, than my home in Sacramento is. In fact, from Amargosa Opera House to the Nevada Off-Roadeo site is a little over an hour of driving, compared to more like eight to nine hours from my home in Sacramento.
I believe that the OP is expressing concern and looking for advice on organizing group trips- not asking for what your personal trip choices are? I am just spitballing here based on actually reading the OP's posts.

skiborsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRX, Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw your Instagram posts on the Bronco trip. How were they compared with a stock Raptor at higher speed stuff (recognizing the Broncos are lifted and on 37s)? I believe you mentioned slower going than the Raptors, generally.

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw your Instagram posts on the Bronco trip. How were they compared with a stock Raptor at higher speed stuff (recognizing the Broncos are lifted and on 37s)? I believe you mentioned slower going than the Raptors, generally.
They were surprisingly good… not raptor good, but very decent!

We’re confident once Icon has their coilover upgrade kit, it will be “as good” as a stock Raptor over most terrain. We’ve ridden in the Icon Bronco with their prototype kit and it’s quite a difference over stock… and has 14” of rear travel with all bolt-on parts!

Overall though, these wouldn’t hang with a group of raptors, but I think with some aftermarket coilovers they sure will.

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
exo is the premier raptor tour company, it will be hard to decide which vehicle to take but im not going on any major trip that's not organized by EXO.
Thanks man… 🤜🏻🤛🏻
Sponsored