Sponsored

If Ford offers the fastback soft top in place of the 2DR MIC, will you take it or wait?

If Ford offers the fastback soft top in place of the 2DR MIC, will you take it or wait?

• Total voters

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's no secret the MIC tops are delayed, which is likely why the 2DR is one of the seven deadly delay options. It's also no secret that Ford has been experimenting with fastback soft tops on the 2DR Bronco.

What is the likelihood that Ford offers the fastback soft top as a factory option in place of the MIC at ordering (i.e., by March 19)? It would certainly take the pressure of the MIC supply and could get 2DR builds on the road faster.

I'm not crazy about the look of the fastback (it may grow on me, SAS sure did) and I never really contemplated a soft top on my Bronco. I hoped to get a roof rack to haul kayaks and skis. But realistically, I just ordered a Bronco Sport that will handle those duties, leaving my 2DR big boy as a weekend fun buggy and backup camping hauler. I'd still have the hitch on the 2DR for a cargo box (if needed), and I could always get a hard top later. And honestly, having a soft top does open up possibilities of driving the Bronco topless longer distances without worrying about rain.

What are everyone's thoughts? If given the choice, would you opt for the fastback soft top now to get your 2DR Bronco sooner, or would you hold out for a hard top?

Ford Bronco If Ford offers the fastback soft top in place of the 2DR MIC, will you take it or wait? 13 - 2021 Bronco Velocity Blue Fastback To
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another forum member alluded to this very thing being worked on between Ford and Bestop... but I don’t know whether they had actual insider knowledge and if so, whatever came of it.

In regards to getting soft top from the factory and possibly picking up a hard top later, I always have to mention in these conversations that according to Ford, if you don’t spec the hard top from the factory, the Bronco will not come with the rear washer/wiper/defrost hookups.

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would prefer it. I am in Arizona though.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d take it but there better be a pile of reward points or msrp adjustment attached to it.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as the soft top was a "freebie" (or even a "cheapie"), I'd do it in a heart beat. There's no downside. What I mean is that I'd pay for the soft top (maybe wholesale) as long as when my HT came in I could go to the dealer and have them install it or just hand it to me.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

0 chance Ford does this, the cost of shipping these tops will be staggering after the fact. That's why if you want a mod top you really should just wait out the late delivery

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the fastback top and would want it along with a white hardtop later, so if they provided it at a lower price point yes I would start with the softop and then purchase a well designed hardtop at a later date.

Roach

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Frontier, '74 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco If Ford offers the fastback soft top in place of the 2DR MIC, will you take it or wait? 1611751321855

IMO it is worth waiting for what you ordered/intended to get. Don‘t let someone talk you out of it because it may be a quicker path to a partial solution.

I remember when I was a kid and saving up money for a new BMX bike. I foolishly let my mother talk me into some lame 10 speed and a scooter. I still get mad thinking about that! When you have your heart set on something like this I think it will be too easy to talk yourself into a bad decision just to get your hands on it. Just one man’s opinion.

Plus, I’m already planning on buying the Bimini top accessory ?

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d be open to the idea then buy the Mod top at a later date. But yea would want to see a discount

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would take it, as long as they installed the hardtop wiring and washer connections at the factory and offered the hard top later at the dual top discounted pricing.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

0 chance Ford does this, the cost of shipping these tops will be staggering after the fact. That's why if you want a mod top you really should just wait out the late delivery
Well - they do make pickup trucks, why not just ship the hard tops in the beds of the pickups with some foam padding around it - I am sure they can carefully craft something. They sell more pickups than Broncos.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'd swap over to the soft top if they'd include the pigtail for the hardtop addition later. Would like to see a price reduction but after looking on the accessory price list I'd be happy to break even if they make it the twill top.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I'd actually prefer it to the hardtop.
Sponsored