Sponsored

If Ford offers the fastback soft top in place of the 2DR MIC, will you take it or wait?

If Ford offers the fastback soft top in place of the 2DR MIC, will you take it or wait?

• Total voters

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the MOD tops were the issue, when did the issue of MIC top shortage come up?
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That "fastback" top is so Gawd-awful looking, I wouldn't take it if it was free. I wouldn't take it if they told me I could sell it in an hour on E-bay for $1k. I wouldn't take it if it was wrapped in hundred dollar bills and came with a big-screen TV. I wouldn't take it if it was made out of gold leaf, folded into the shape of a purse, and filled with gold bullion and ruby red jewels. The thing is the fugliest top they could have created. It was probably designed by three blind monkeys going through heroin withdrawals. I wouldn't be surprised if a kindergarten class was assigned a finger-painting project and it was used as the basis for the "fastback" top.

I voted hard top.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They need to offer up a combo pkg with the vehicle wired and plumbed for the hard top. Deliver the vehicles with the soft top to get cash flow up. Then deliver the MICs later as supplies stabilize. Oh ya, discount the pkg for the inconvenience to the customer.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another forum member alluded to this very thing being worked on between Ford and Bestop... but I don’t know whether they had actual insider knowledge and if so, whatever came of it.

In regards to getting soft top from the factory and possibly picking up a hard top later, I always have to mention in these conversations that according to Ford, if you don’t spec the hard top from the factory, the Bronco will not come with the rear washer/wiper/defrost hookups.
Good to know.

This works for me. I've never really used rear wiper and defrost on cars equipped with them anyways. And seeing the rear wiper coverage in a recent pic, it's not clearing much.

gofastguy

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I've had hard and soft top Wranglers. If you are new to removeable tops you may want to consider storage. Never really did find a good place to store a Dozer yellow hardtop. Modern soft tops are not drafty or cold these days

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had hard and soft top Wranglers. If you are new to removeable tops you may want to consider storage. Never really did find a good place to store a Dozer yellow hardtop. Modern soft tops are not drafty or cold these days
I agree. I'm not sure folks have been in a modern soft top. That MIC or a top without sound deadening won't be any quieter, particularly in the rain, and last time I checked cold is cold. Remote start and warm her up, you'll be fine.
Sponsored